Banished base turrets

I am of the opinion that banished base turrets should actually do more damage than UNSC turrets. In most situations, a banished player will only build one or two turrets on their base in the first place as it just doesn’t make sense to take away the slots for shield and cloaking generators. Even if the banished turrets had a higher base damage their overall dps would still be lower than UNSC turrets because of this.

Right now banished turrets are pretty garbage and everyone is pretty much aware that their usefulness is pretty much non-existent. I’ll buy them when I have the extra supplies but they’re definitely an after thought.

I find it odd that almost all banished units do less damage than UNSC counterparts. Things like the banshee and elite ranger are very expensive in comparison to the strength they provide imo. Especially in this new meta

Uhm, I don’t think so, Banished turrets deal less damage than UNSC because they can have AI, AV and AA upgrades at the same time, while UNSC have to pick one only, IMO the way that they are balanced is fine.

I can agree with you on Banshees and Rangers being worse than their UNSC counterparts, although Hornets are slightly more expensive than Banshees.

> 2533274821180847;1:
> I am of the opinion that banished base turrets should actually do more damage than UNSC turrets. In most situations, a banished player will only build one or two turrets on their base in the first place as it just doesn’t make sense to take away the slots for shield and cloaking generators. Even if the banished turrets had a higher base damage their overall dps would still be lower than UNSC turrets because of this.
>
> Right now banished turrets are pretty garbage and everyone is pretty much aware that their usefulness is pretty much non-existent. I’ll buy them when I have the extra supplies but they’re definitely an after thought.
>
> I find it odd that almost all banished units do less damage than UNSC counterparts. Things like the banshee and elite ranger are very expensive in comparison to the strength they provide imo. Especially in this new meta

I’m going to have to strongly disagree with this.
Banished turrets should not do more damage than UNSC turrets. Banished have shields and cloaking tech which allow for a negation of DPS done to a base. They could use a buff, but definitely shouldn’t be stronger than UNSC turrets as they have no way of negating damage to structures on the bases.

I think it’s a balancing thing. The banished have garbage turrets but in trade have MUCH better turret structures like shield generators and cloaking generators. The UNSC have great turrets and in change have a much less effective structure the watchtower(I am in no way saying the watchtower is “bad”, just that it is less desirable compared to other turret structures)

I can see where making them stronger than a UNSC turret could be overkill, but I definitely disagree that they make up for the DPS by being protected by a shield. Again the unsc base will typically have 3-4 offensive base turrets (including the siege turrets which are very strong right now) while banished will either have only 1 and be able to detect units, or 2 and will be be vulnerable to cloaking. That is a substantial DPS difference especially when you consider that their base DPS is lower to start with.