BAN the filthy boosters please.

I’ve sent an email to preview@halowaypoint.com several days ago, not sure if anyone received it, but it contained clear proof of JP Bison derank boosting blatantly in 2v2 Party Teams. I’m pretty sure the entire community will agree that he’s a disgusting cheater who deserves to be deleted off the leaderboards.

Please get him off the leaderboards before December 15th, he accomplishes nothing in this game except ruining the leaderboards. Thanks.

Waypoint, not only do this, but please keep the stat-tracker or move it here or something. We need this to ban boosters and keep competition, please keep this in heart.

I really do hope the “no calling out people for cheating” rule starts in soon for the forums.

Avoid the person and also file a complaint with Xbox Live through that person’s Gamertag. Xbox will investigate the complaint and the avoid will hopefully keep you from meeting that person again [although in personal experience of avoiding people, it doesn’t always work and I have come across people I have avoided a few games back in later games.]

Also, if you posted this type of thread on bungie.net, you’d be banned for a little while probably.

Let’s keep all the Halo Wars update discussions in this thread, no point creating multiple threads by multiple people asking redundant questions. I think 2 things are vital and could be easily done right now:

1. Keep the stat-tracker, please.
  2. Ban the boosters. They are so obviously boosting without fear of repercussion that it’s an atrocity not to immediately ban them. JP Bison is the worst of the lot, he should be removed immediately.

> I really do hope the “no calling out people for cheating” rule starts in soon for the forums.
>
> Avoid the person and also file a complaint with Xbox Live through that person’s Gamertag. Xbox will investigate the complaint and the avoid will hopefully keep you from meeting that person again [although in personal experience of avoiding people, it doesn’t always work and I have come across people I have avoided a few games back in later games.
>
> If you posted this type of thread on bungie.net, you’d be banned for a little while probably.

Kindly don’t respond to Halo Wars related threads if you have no idea of the context, and all you want to do is play junior mod by being needlessly condescending.

The first step is to report them over Xbox Live and also to avoid them. I don’t know how much power Waypoint has in that situation, if they have the authority, I’m sure they’ll look into it given enough evidence.

> The first step is to report them over Xbox Live and also to avoid them. I don’t know how much power Waypoint has in that situation, if they have the authority, I’m sure they’ll look into it given enough evidence.

Just to clear things up, only Waypoint/Halo Wars mods can do this, and it’s not a true ban, it’s simply removing Halo Wars boosters off the Halo Wars leaderboards. Filing a complaint will do nothing, as the minimum wage Indian man who looks them over will see nothing wrong, and can’t hand out a regular suspension for boosting of this sort anyways.

Actually, I had no idea this was a HaloWars thread. The thread is labeled as “ALL” not “Halo Wars”.

And nowhere in your initial post does it even mention Halo Wars. You say leaderboards, but for all I know you could be referring to a place like halocharts.com

I do apologize for my misunderstanding of not knowing this was a Halo Wars thread since it wasn’t labeled as one. But you should do the right thing and report the person to Xbox, not HaloWaypoint. These forums are for fun and discussion about the Halo Universe, not a place to “call people out”. That’s all I was saying about this thread, as when I was writing my comment all I saw was your initial post.

> I’ve sent an email to preview@halowaypoint.com several days ago, not sure if anyone received it, but it contained clear proof of JP Bison derank boosting blatantly in 2v2 Party Teams. I’m pretty sure the entire community will agree that he’s a disgusting cheater who deserves to be deleted off the leaderboards.
>
> Please get him off the leaderboards before December 15th, he accomplishes nothing in this game except ruining the leaderboards. Thanks.

No, I am not trying to be a junior mod. I’m an adult and I appreciate this forum because of how nice and clean the thread topics have been. I would like it to stay that way.

Boosting is a form of cheating, so report them first.

> I’ve sent an email to preview@halowaypoint.com several days ago, not sure if anyone received it, but it contained clear proof of JP Bison derank boosting blatantly in 2v2 Party Teams. I’m pretty sure the entire community will agree that he’s a disgusting cheater who deserves to be deleted off the leaderboards.
>
> Please get him off the leaderboards before December 15th, he accomplishes nothing in this game except ruining the leaderboards. Thanks.

This has been addressed in the Halo Wars forums. From Cocopjojo:

"I’ve seen many of you ask how we’ll be handling cheaters/boosters and I can say that there will NOT be a “tattletale” thread. The way we’ll handle this is as such: please e-mail us at preview@halowaypoint.com with any links to game stats for players who have been boosting. We’ll do our best to take appropriate actions."

Since you have already taken the appropriate action (thank you for that) and the original post focuses solely on one individual, I am going to lock this thread.