Ban Hammer Praise

I keep seeing posts of Hate towards The Ban Hammer. I want to thank The Ban Hammer, and I know I’m not alone. Having someone quit when you’re behind not only ensure a loss almost indefinitely it also means you carry the weight of all those deaths instead of sharing it as a team. I could go on about my praise but I just wanted to make a quick post among all the negativity.
Oh and please don’t stop posting about how much you(select group of people) Hate The Ban Hammer. These posts ensure me that it’s working.

Update: Looks like there is now an official thread to hopefully deter User from Making posts revolving around the “Why am I banned?!” Context.

From Community Update 1/15/16:
"Earlier this week, the team also made changes to reduce the amount of Warzone idle boots required before players are banned, and are now issuing longer bans for any players who idle. In parallel, we’re continuing to monitor data and idle exploits for future updates to make sure your Warzone teammates are runnin’ and gunnin’ just as hard as you are."

Praise Be To Ban Hammer

Hunger

A Monument to all your sins

:smiley:

> As stated in the 2nd book of Chief:“Seek not to flee the battle, where death and destruction may abound. Lo, those who quit shall surely feel the wrath of thy ban hammer! And in that day many shall call out “Developer, Developer, my connection doth prohibit me! Punish me not for leaving thy game”, but the Developer shall reply “You have been banned for 2 hours”.”
> -I are Batman

> Valor Mo Ban Hammer!
> For the arena is dark and full of quitters…
> -Astrogenesis

> Ban Hammer is Love, Ban Hammer is Life.
> -DreariestComa

“Don’t Ban me Bro”
“BANNED!” (Thanks CAMAROBOY69)

> Part of my gamertag comes from my parents love of our savior Banhammer.
> -Foghammer

Praise be to ban hammer!

Ban Hammer is Love, Ban Hammer is Life.

Only the Hammers victims hate it so don’t quit and betray, or it will find you, and it will ban you.

There was a story behind the banhammer. Back in halo 3 hackers and modders were using the game as their playground. When bungie had enough they sent their employees into the hackers game with blue recon armor, a flaming head, and a gravity hammer(banhammer). I’ve never seen it happen but that’s what some people said.

> 2533274846171508;2:
> Praise be to ban hammer!

What he said.

tfw playing arena and your trash team mates quit.

Ban them all please.

> 2533274922424373;5:
> There was a story behind the banhammer. Back in halo 3 hackers and modders were using the game as their playground. When bungie had enough they sent their employees into the hackers game with blue recon armor, a flaming head, and a gravity hammer(banhammer). I’ve never seen it happen but that’s what some people said.

I do remember the big post they made about cracking down on Cheaters/Modders and that’s the first time I heard of the Ban Hammer. Someone needs to find this story/video if they can.

I am with you on this. actually wish it was a bit tougher on some people. like the thread that was just brought up with the guy who quit 300+ matches. like he should be done forever. also be able to detect people who are boosting in war zone. i was in a game with someone yesterday who must have rigged the joystick so he just slowly moved forward. actually took a game clip and reported him. at one point i was able to redirect him right off the cliff on storm break lol.

also they seem to have shortened the time between a person AFK and being kicked. was playing slayer and one teammate was not there from the start for whatever reason. and he was kicked only about 2 minutes in. fortunately the other team never noticed him and he was gone before getting killed. we actually won that game, and if they had left him in there for longer we may not have been so lucky

but these threads are hilarious. why am i banned??? because you DNF 10 times a day… OH ITS MY CONNECTION… connection is very particular about crapping out when you are losing but NEVER happens when you are winning.

Regardless of its origins, I’ve gained faith in the hammer with this game. I love watching people post whiny complaints about their bans, trying to justify quitting uneven matches. I go the extra mile of reporting any and all quitters, just for that gratifying message from XBL saying “we’ve taken action against one or more players you’ve recently reported.”
If you quit, you deserve a ban. If you AFK in a match, you deserve a ban. If your connection is terrible or if you get disconnected through no fault of your own, at least take faith that the ban system is working. I’d rather it be overzealous than let a few bad apples slip through the cracks.

> 2533274794255268;9:
> at one point i was able to redirect him right off the cliff on storm break lol.

Hah.

> 2533274811958118;10:
> I’d rather it be overzealous than let a few bad apples slip through the cracks.

Me too.

Praise be to the Ban Hammer <3

All praise to the Ban Hammer. I just wish it would come down a little harder on people quitting matches so frequently.

> 2533274794255268;9:
> but these threads are hilarious. why am i banned??? because you DNF 10 times a day… OH ITS MY CONNECTION… connection is very particular about crapping out when you are losing but NEVER happens when you are winning.

THIS AWWWL DAY!

> 2604983891615163;15:
> > 2533274794255268;9:
> > but these threads are hilarious. why am i banned??? because you DNF 10 times a day… OH ITS MY CONNECTION… connection is very particular about crapping out when you are losing but NEVER happens when you are winning.
>
>
> THIS AWWWL DAY!

They feed the Hammers Hunger.

Praise be to Ban Hammer another victim posts his pain and it makes it to the top.

I think with Halo 5 the banhammer is finally doing its job correctly. Servers aren’t spot perfect, I think we all know that, but quitters, AFK’ers and team killers seem to get getting the beat down they deserve now. Praise be to Ban Hammer! (this needs memed)

All hail Ban Hammer for saving our games. :smiley:

> 2533274813317074;18:
> I think with Halo 5 the banhammer is finally doing its job correctly. Servers aren’t spot perfect, I think we all know that, but quitters, AFK’ers and team killers seem to get getting the beat down they deserve now. Praise be to Ban Hammer! (this needs memed)

Agreed, and while I’m on the phone with a client I did Find this after a quick google search.

Annnnnnd This