Ban hammer out of control

So, my Xbox froze up on me, gave me an error code, and told me to report it. I restart it, which was lengthy, and when I load up halo 5, I’m banned. How was that my fault? I was also banned because teammates, that just aren’t too bright, would stand there and look at my pulse grenades, and, I guess because they’re just so pretty, decided to walk in to the glowing death they leave behind…several times. If I receive any kind of real lengthy ban, and I mean a couple hours, I’m done with halo. I have MCC, and supported them through that travesty. Played all these games, and swear by how great they are. It would be a shame for this to happen now, considering the giant leap that 343 has made with Guardians, but I don’t play around with my valuable, and not infinite, gaming time. You guys need to fix this. I’m going to head over to Los Santos now, and I don’t know when I’m gonna pick up Guardians again.

Even if your teammates are being pitiful, don’t quit.

> 2603643534586909;2:
> Even if your teammates are being pitiful, don’t quit.

I didn’t quit, I was banned for team killing. Then I was banned for inactivity cause my Xbox froze.

The banhammer is a little crazy. Ive had similar situations.

Given the amount of quitters in a match, I’m not sure about that…

> 2533274794821492;5:
> Given the amount of quitters in a match, I’m not sure about that…

Not sure about what exactly? I’m not being smart either. I just want to make myself clear, because if you roll over to ign boards, I’m not alone here. I was banned because of inactivity, not quitting. And the first ban was because of dumb teammates walking into pulse grenades.

I haven’t had any problems. Haven’t got banned yet. Kicked from one game because I kept betraying my buddy but never banned

I got banned the other night, because some idiot tried to hop into my scorpion tank while I was hauling my rear end towards a Promethean… I do not remember betraying anyone beforehand, and I was promptly removed from the game, because I guess he felt it was my fault? So, in H5 is there a new betrayal rule against a single betrayal? clarification please, because as the title of the forum says, the ban hammer appears to be OUT OF CONTROL. I remember in Reach being able to quit like 10 games before it got dropped, and that was only a 10 minute first offense, I believe.

I go to extreme measures to not quit sometimes, and the last thing I want to do is betray a teammate, because of the score penalty. The thing is, -Yoink- happens. People are dumb. And from what I read somewhere, I think an ign board, it appears the ban hammer is a progressive system that quickly results in lifetime ban. No deduction for time without being banned. I have just about two days exactly of playing time and have been banned twice for other folks being stupid and system failures. They really need to evaluate this.

That does suck, do you have the older xbones?

I believe there are betrayal damage points and based on how much damage you do to your teammates determines the consequences. Hit the magic number of damage and then you’re banned. The points accumulate and I hope there’s a decent algorithm to how it’s calculated but I wouldn’t say it’s flawed. I lag out of plenty of matches but I’ve only got banned for betraying a breakout teammate excessively. See you on the virtual battlfield

My worst ban was in Halo:Reach was 2 min for rage quitting.
(Which I needed I was saltier than the Pacific Ocean)

> 2533274843581712;8:
> I got banned the other night, because some idiot tried to hop into my scorpion tank while I was hauling my rear end towards a Promethean… I do not remember betraying anyone beforehand, and I was promptly removed from the game, because I guess he felt it was my fault? So, in H5 is there a new betrayal rule against a single betrayal? clarification please, because as the title of the forum says, the ban hammer appears to be OUT OF CONTROL. I remember in Reach being able to quit like 10 games before it got dropped, and that was only a 10 minute first offense, I believe.

Yes It is one betrayal before they get the option to kick you, but if they kill you first you get the option to kick them… If you have gullible teammates…
easy to trick into a betrayal…(Or you could just keep their shields down until an enemy kills them but his is VERY RISKY for SEVERAL reasons)

Ive watched idiot team mates walk into pulse grenades that went off seconds befor they even spawned. They must have been like “oooo shiny orange floating things”.

Banned for one week for inactivity

Ban Hammer is out of control. Seems to ban for no apparent reason. Had a good, and very fair game, still got banned and not sure why. Hope this works out for 343. http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/lol-halo-5-is-the-worst-selling-game-in-the-series.454644344/

Look I understand trying to keep your game fair across the board, but when I quit repeatedly because of unfairly ranked players, and team members who quit and then you get slaughtered the rest of the match, it’s no fun. But to ban me for 24 hours??? That’s ridiculous and you have lost me as a long time player of this once great series. Personally, you are being way to strict and taking the fun out of online multiplayer for many who just want to enjoy the game. I bet only 1% of the players out there are actually good enough to compete on a professional level. Everyone else just wants to have fun and you (343) have made a fun hobby a very unpleasant experience. Besides, I freaken paid for the game, and Xbox live and you shouldn’t be the on me to tell me when and how I can play your game! Sorry to say, but Halo has taken a huge crap on my personal fun time. I’m glad I have Black Ops 3 to invest in now, and they don’t ban you when you quit! Good bye Halo universe, you’re just not that interesting anymore.

Are we going to have to deal with this banhammer as it is for the life of this game or are you people going to get realistic about it?

Batteries died while playing a big team battle today, and I didn’t have a replacement. Went to the store, came back, and there you go…24 F’ing hour ban. From a BIG TEAM BATTLE game. Really? I haven’t quit out of a game once in the last, I dunno, 20+ games I’ve played. Battery fail…now I’m banned for 24 hours? I get that everyone quitting out has become an issue but thats mostly YOUR FAULT NOT OURS. You make a game where we get into lobbies with completely unbalanced teams and we’re supposed to sit around for 10-15 minutes getting destroyed because heaven forbid we quit and get a 24 HOUR BAN. In Halo MCC it was a huge issue, but that’s because you released this whopping pile of fecal matter to the public. You’ve trained people to quit out so much because your game sucked that bad. STILL DOESN’T WORK!

The longest you should ever ban someone is 30 minutes. That’s about as much of a punishment as necessary to get the results you want. Quit once, gone for 30 minutes. Quit again, gone for another 30 minutes. People won’t quit. Whoever came up with, and/or approved a 24 hour ban should find the nearest wall and run into it headfirst at full speed. It doesn’t change anything about how 90 percent of people play this game. If I’m playing a game, and my wife needs some help with something, am I supposed to tell her to wait 10 minutes because I don’t want to get banned for Halo? Or is this game reserved for professional Halo players only? Get your head out of your #@%.

You have gone way overboard with this.

i still haven’t gotten “BANNED”.

> 2533274840743072;18:
> Are we going to have to deal with this banhammer as it is for the life of this game or are you people going to get realistic about it?
> Batteries died while playing a big team battle today, and I didn’t have a replacement. Went to the store, came back, and there you go…24 F’ing hour ban. From a BIG TEAM BATTLE game. Really? I haven’t quit out of a game once in the last, I dunno, 20+ games I’ve played. Battery fail…now I’m banned for 24 hours? I get that everyone quitting out has become an issue but thats mostly YOUR FAULT NOT OURS.

So you were AFK’ing in game for the entire time it took you to go to the store and come back? That’s why you will have been banned then, the logical thing would have been to switch off your box and turn it back on when you got back.

Your service record shows you have 15 matches marked as DNF over the last 7 days and more the further back you travel. The system builds up a case against your gamertag and notes each time you quit, betray or AFK in a match. If your actions match certain patterns like quitting or betraying often, you will eventually hit a trigger and be banned. Bans start off at only a few minutes and increase each time a trigger is hit, so to get hit with a 24 hour ban you must either have been banned a few times already or the system finally caught up your excessive quitting.

edit also please don’t bump old posts, it’s better to start a new post in the support forums