Ban Hammer Cripples The Game

343 wants you to be a good sport and play by the moral rules of the game.
But do the consequences match the behavior?
Say you’re playing a game and have to leave for a short minute.
You’ve already chosen a place to hide and have warned your teammates that you’ll be “AFK”.
The match is looking great and you have no reason to quit.
But when you come back to your television, you realize that you have been kicked from the game.
You ask your teammates if they won, and they say no.
Why?
Because while you were away for 2 minutes, 343 decided to eject you from the match.
Now your teammates are 3 vs 4.
But it gets worse than that.
You party up with your teammates again and start a match of team slayer.
Halfway through the game, your connection gets a little laggy.
Then 343 disconnects you from the match.
They also consider that quitting.
Now your teammates are 3 vs 4 again.
But there wont be another match for an hour because the Ban Hammer strikes you.
There are many other scenarios to relate.
The point of this poll is for you to discuss those scenarios.
If 343 can realize how easy it is to be shortcomed by the Ban Hammer and matchmaking rules.
They can hopefully refine it and we can give players more freedom and less frustration.
This was never a problem in any other Halo.
The focus of how you enjoy the game should not be controlled by instilling fear within the players who like to give up.
One thing I would like to see introduced is the removal of the Quitting rule.
too many times have i been in matches that dragged out to 30 seconds left because only one enemy player toughed it out.
instead of banning him for quitting when he has no teammates left, offer a surrender vote. games will be more fluent.
matchmaking will be up and alive.

Please give your open and honest opinion on the subject.
the more support we can get from this, the more fun we’ll have playing the game.

> 2533274890384424;1:
>

This is the ban thread. All ban related traffic should go here.

Scenario: You know you have to leave for a short time… so you don’t start a match in Halo 5 multiplayer.

Quitters Cripple the game

It’s GOOD you’re kicked and banned if you’re AFKing.
You’re being a liability and the reason why your team can loose, so they’d be better off without you.
Can’t play? Go back to main menu.

Also, even if you wouldn’t have been kicked out of the game, your teammates STILL WERE 3vs4, but with the difference the enemy team could have killed you and scored more points.

It’s YOUR OWN FAULT.

Also, go to the banhammer thread to complain about how unfair it was to be punished for your AFKing.

The banhammer cripples quitters as it should.

praise be to banhammer.

If anything there should be stricter ban rules. Quitters ruin games and give you a unfair loss.

> 2533274804880563;4:
> Quitters Cripples the game

Sorry I got disconnected, we all are not quitters.
Now, lack of actual social game modes cripple the game. Everything that is spose to be Social has a banhammer/KD tracking with JiP, which is pointless.

Edit: Op there is a lack of choices. I think the ban hammer is fine as is, just need to go for Social modes with JiP.

> 2533274819667356;8:
> > 2533274804880563;4:
> > Quitters Cripples the game
>
>
> Sorry I got disconnected, we all are not quitters.
> Now, lack of actual social game modes cripple the game. Everything that is spose to be Social has a banhammer/KD tracking with JiP, which is pointless.
>
> Edit: Op there is a lack of choices. I think the ban hammer is fine as is, just need to go for Social modes with JiP.

Try going wired. Cures most disconnects. Disconnects has the same net effect as a quitter. It leaves your team at a disadvantage.

> 2533274875982754;9:
> > 2533274819667356;8:
> > > 2533274804880563;4:
> > > Quitters Cripples the game
> >
> >
> > Sorry I got disconnected, we all are not quitters.
> > Now, lack of actual social game modes cripple the game. Everything that is spose to be Social has a banhammer/KD tracking with JiP, which is pointless.
> >
> > Edit: Op there is a lack of choices. I think the ban hammer is fine as is, just need to go for Social modes with JiP.
>
>
> Try going wired. Cures most disconnects. Disconnects has the same net effect as a quitter. It leaves your team at a disadvantage.

I play wireless, and I rarely get disconnected.

No the banhammer is stupid. It didn’t work in Reach and doesnt work now. At least with reache’s it was a 10 minute ban and stayed that way instead of going from 10 to 45 minutes then too a day. The banhammer does not help people wanting to buy then game and then get punished for disconnects or life happening in general. I would say boot betrayals and afkers should get a ban of 10 minutes and no increases. What really hurts the game is that there and no true social playlists they focused to much on the try hard crowd. The Banhammer is such a stupid idea especially in a game with a floundering fan base. We dealt with quitters in Halo 3 just fine we can deal with now with out a stupid system.

Also OP if you AFK you should be kicked because are nothing more then a free kill and a surrender option is not the greatest idea I’d rather stick with a 3v4 or 2v4 game.

> 2533274830513360;11:
> No the banhammer is stupid. It didn’t work in Reach and doesnt work now. At least with reache’s it was a 10 minute ban and stayed that way instead of going from 10 to 45 minutes then too a day. The banhammer does not help people wanting to buy then game and then get punished for disconnects or life happening in general. I would say boot betrayals and afkers should get a ban of 10 minutes and no increases. What really hurts the game is that there and no true social playlists they focused to much on the try hard crowd. The Banhammer is such a stupid idea especially in a game with a floundering fan base. We dealt with quitters in Halo 3 just fine we can deal with now with out a stupid system.
>
> Also OP if you AFK you should be kicked because are nothing more then a free kill and a surrender option is not the greatest idea I’d rather stick with a 3v4 or 2v4 game.

Tl;dr ‘I’m a quitter and I don’t like being punished for it.’

> 2533274886531207;12:
> > 2533274830513360;11:
> > No the banhammer is stupid. It didn’t work in Reach and doesnt work now. At least with reache’s it was a 10 minute ban and stayed that way instead of going from 10 to 45 minutes then too a day. The banhammer does not help people wanting to buy then game and then get punished for disconnects or life happening in general. I would say boot betrayals and afkers should get a ban of 10 minutes and no increases. What really hurts the game is that there and no true social playlists they focused to much on the try hard crowd. The Banhammer is such a stupid idea especially in a game with a floundering fan base. We dealt with quitters in Halo 3 just fine we can deal with now with out a stupid system.
> >
> > Also OP if you AFK you should be kicked because are nothing more then a free kill and a surrender option is not the greatest idea I’d rather stick with a 3v4 or 2v4 game.
>
>
> Tl;dr ‘I’m a quitter and I don’t like being punished for it.’

Yeah no hardly but thanks for the unintelligent reply.

> 2533274830513360;13:
> > 2533274886531207;12:
> > > 2533274830513360;11:
> > > No the banhammer is stupid. It didn’t work in Reach and doesnt work now. At least with reache’s it was a 10 minute ban and stayed that way instead of going from 10 to 45 minutes then too a day. The banhammer does not help people wanting to buy then game and then get punished for disconnects or life happening in general. I would say boot betrayals and afkers should get a ban of 10 minutes and no increases. What really hurts the game is that there and no true social playlists they focused to much on the try hard crowd. The Banhammer is such a stupid idea especially in a game with a floundering fan base. We dealt with quitters in Halo 3 just fine we can deal with now with out a stupid system.
> > >
> > > Also OP if you AFK you should be kicked because are nothing more then a free kill and a surrender option is not the greatest idea I’d rather stick with a 3v4 or 2v4 game.
> >
> >
> > Tl;dr ‘I’m a quitter and I don’t like being punished for it.’
>
>
> Yeah no hardly but thanks for the unintelligent reply.

You dont get banned for a random disconnect. If you are its because you are disconnecting every other game and if its that bad get off mcdonalds internet and get your own.

Your poll obviously only gives biased answers. How about a answer no the ban hammer is fine keep kicking quitters! I get what your saying about wanting to quit in a game with unsporting players. But you could quit every game when its bad and still not receive a ban.

You’ll not get much sympathy for being banned here. People going AFK or quitting are very annoying for players.

As far as I’m concerned the banhammer is doing its job just fine when I read threads such as these.