Ban Court for Halo 3 Modders/Cheaters

For those that don’t know, the original Xbox 360 version of Halo 3 currently has a problem with cheaters in matchmaking. Not just players who are boosting or DDoSing, but players who use mods through a jtag or other means to tamper with Halo 3. The abilities they gain include aimbots, dramatically increased movement speed, unlimited ammo and flying. With these perks, they make the game virtually unwinnable/unplayable. You can find these cheaters in both ranked and social playlists. Unfortunately, this problem has persisted during most of Halo 3’s dormant years. I’ve been in more than my fair share of message wars with these jerks for a long time, but I’ve finally had enough after practically (and quite often, literally) encountering them every other game.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B5Q9mG2CXA

While Halo 3 may be a dated game and the easy answer is to “play a different game”, this doesn’t justify the fact these people are clearly spoiling the game and violating the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. I know there are honest players out there who wish for these cheaters to be stopped, but the Xbox 360 report system is useless and most of these clowns have protected VPNs so they can’t be DDoS’d themselves. Fortunately thanks to backwards compatibility, players can use the Xbox DVR to easily record these encounters and these cheaters can be exposed. I myself have encountered a couple of cheaters and have decided to record some proof of their illegal activities. I would submit the footage in a heartbeat if I knew where I could submit it to.

This brings me to the next step, which is bringing them to justice. Maybe there can be some sort of a “ban court” topic created by a moderator or other forum staff, where users are encouraged to submit their evidence to be reviewed, then passed on to the Xbox Live Enforcement team. I firmly believe this is could be the easiest and most effective way to cleanse the game and to make the game enjoyable again. Any thoughts from a mod?

If you want to report cheaters and modders to Xbox Live enforcement you already can - open up the profile of that users gamertag and file a report from there. Those reports are looked at by the enforcement team

> 2533274813317074;2:
> If you want to report cheaters and modders to Xbox Live enforcement you already can - open up the profile of that users gamertag and file a report from there. Those reports are looked at by the enforcement team

you can’t the modder changes their tag at will. When you’re in the lobby its one tag then when the game starts they change their tag again and once more after the game. So there are times when you don’t even get to see their real tag.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> If you want to report cheaters and modders to Xbox Live enforcement you already can - open up the profile of that users gamertag and file a report from there. Those reports are looked at by the enforcement team

Unfortunately that doesn’t actually seem to be the case for 360 games. Cheaters have been running amok on the 360 for years now. I first noticed the problem around 2013-2014 playing h3 ranked. Getting a 50 was ridiculous seeing as practically every few games I would get host booted or play against somebody with a jtag or aimbot or some other garbage. When I finally did earn it I decided that it was the end of me playing 50 high and to this day I’ve yet to go back. Being host booted, aimboted and jtagged every other game just isn’t my idea of a good time.

The crazy thing is, Halo is actually not the worst affected by these cheating scrubs. COD games are overrun to an absolutely ridiculous degree. I was playing Black Ops 2 recently and literally 1/4 of the lobbies you join will be hacked in some way. I played a game not long ago where somebody stood in the middle of Nuketown and teabagged with his sniper pointed straight in the air the entire game. This kid was getting headshots on literally the entire team doing this, even if they were blatantly out of his line of sight hidden inside the houses on the other end of the map.

I absolutely agree with OP’s suggestion and think it would be great to see it implemented. The people who do this are the definition of cancer and it is a travesty they are allowed free reign to pollute these games with their garbage. I know the 360 is an old system but MS has really dropped the ball here. Xb1 gets religious enforcement to the point where even sending a message as tame as “Shut up” will earn you a ban, but on the 360 these people have carte blanche to cheat, violate the terms of service and even commit potentially illegal acts like host booting with zero repercussions. I have for years reported this filth whenever I come across it, and I have even helped organize mass report actions on particularly awful offenders, but they never get banned. The whole point of having to pay for LIVE is ostensibly so MS has the resources to deal with crap like this but they are apparently content to allow anarchy to reign on the 360.

> 2533274813317074;2:

That doesn’t work lmao

many of the same modders still play on same gamertag after tons of people report them

cheaters destroy matchmaking in halo 3.

> 2533274795732002;5:
> > 2533274813317074;2:
> > If you want to report cheaters and modders to Xbox Live enforcement you already can - open up the profile of that users gamertag and file a report from there. Those reports are looked at by the enforcement team
>
> That doesn’t work lmao
>
> many of the same modders still play on same gamertag after tons of people report them

I think these cheaters change gamertag, I already saw it in matchmaking.

I’d definitely agree and say that my experience was on par with yours. It’s sad to see such a good game tarnished with these kinds of people. You’d think that with it now being backwards compatible that they’d clean house with the ban hammer.

> 2533274972438938;8:
> I’d definitely agree and say that my experience was on par with yours. It’s sad to see such a good game tarnished with these kinds of people. You’d think that with it now being backwards compatible that they’d clean house with the ban hammer.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks