Balancing the meta: buff shippy, atriox, cutter

I have a 3v3 perspective. Personally I think the game and meta should be left how it is but with small tweaks. Small nerf to pav and voridus would be cool too. Bring these leaders inline with the dominant leaders (forge, nightmare, ice girl, arbiter)

Reasons for buff-
shipmaster: no one uses him in 3v3 anymore and it would be interesting to see how a re-upped shipmaster would work in current meta. Shame to waste a unique leader now that newer dlc leaders have taken over meta.

Atriox: Again hardly see him in 3v3. I think they nerfed him out of the game by overly reducing effect of fortifications and eradication is trash compared to other leaders’ powers.

Cutter: small buff to ODST and buff to Cyclops & snipers would make cutter a good leader choice with his UNSC raid abilities.

> 2533274906761445;1:
> I have a 3v3 perspective. Personally I think the game and meta should be left how it is but with small tweaks. Small nerf to pav and voridus would be cool too. Bring these leaders inline with the dominant leaders (forge, nightmare, ice girl, arbiter)
>
> Reasons for buff-
> shipmaster: no one uses him in 3v3 anymore and it would be interesting to see how a re-upped shipmaster would work in current meta. Shame to waste a unique leader now that newer dlc leaders have taken over meta.
>
> Atriox: Again hardly see him in 3v3. I think they nerfed him out of the game by overly reducing effect of fortifications and eradication is trash compared to other leaders’ powers.
>
> Cutter: small buff to ODST and buff to Cyclops & snipers would make cutter a good leader choice with his UNSC raid abilities.

The other day, I completely killed a Hog army with Fortification by using Marauders anf Jump brutes. After Jump Brutes slowed and stunned them, i surrounded them and poped Eradication. Still, I think it need to cost 800 power and supplies or needs to be 15-20% faster.

To me hog army’s aren’t really a big deal but it is ridiculous how much warthogs can be pumped out early

> 2535428931727626;2:
> > 2533274906761445;1:
> > I have a 3v3 perspective. Personally I think the game and meta should be left how it is but with small tweaks. Small nerf to pav and voridus would be cool too. Bring these leaders inline with the dominant leaders (forge, nightmare, ice girl, arbiter)
> >
> > Reasons for buff-
> > shipmaster: no one uses him in 3v3 anymore and it would be interesting to see how a re-upped shipmaster would work in current meta. Shame to waste a unique leader now that newer dlc leaders have taken over meta.
> >
> > Atriox: Again hardly see him in 3v3. I think they nerfed him out of the game by overly reducing effect of fortifications and eradication is trash compared to other leaders’ powers.
> >
> > Cutter: small buff to ODST and buff to Cyclops & snipers would make cutter a good leader choice with his UNSC raid abilities.
>
> The other day, I completely killed a Hog army with Fortification by using Marauders anf Jump brutes. After Jump Brutes slowed and stunned them, i surrounded them and poped Eradication. Still, I think it need to cost 800 power and supplies or needs to be 15-20% faster.

I use shipmaster he is my favorite leader his tactics revolve around teleportation which is really underrated and fun to use as it is fun to troll players by teleporting half an army to my army and pushing up or to stall but he lacks offensive (his only offensive leader power is glassing bean) leader powers like pavium and doesn’t have any special units besides his hero

My question is how would shipmaster be buffed. I think he should get a new unit or at least have a upgrades exclusive to him like allowing elite rangers to have jet packs and shields or give locusts an ability that makes it do more damage but makes it far more weaker just throwing some ideas out there that would be cool

> 2535408720103530;4:
> My question is how would shipmaster be buffed. I think he should get a new unit or at least have a upgrades exclusive to him like allowing elite rangers to have jet packs and shields or give locusts an ability that makes it do more damage but makes it far more weaker just throwing some ideas out there that would be cool

How to buff shippy = Decrease the cool down time of his unique leader powers to near original launch levels.

> 2535408720103530;4:
> My question is how would shipmaster be buffed. I think he should get a new unit or at least have a upgrades exclusive to him like allowing elite rangers to have jet packs and shields or give locusts an ability that makes it do more damage but makes it far more weaker just throwing some ideas out there that would be cool

Shippy is one of the few leaders that does not needs to be touched. Raid and Adv. Cloak need to be changed a bit but overall, he would be a good leader if we were not in the Hog meta.

> 2535408720103530;3:
> To me hog army’s aren’t really a big deal but it is ridiculous how much warthogs can be pumped out early
>
>
> > 2535428931727626;2:
> > > 2533274906761445;1:
> > > I have a 3v3 perspective. Personally I think the game and meta should be left how it is but with small tweaks. Small nerf to pav and voridus would be cool too. Bring these leaders inline with the dominant leaders (forge, nightmare, ice girl, arbiter)
> > >
> > > Reasons for buff-
> > > shipmaster: no one uses him in 3v3 anymore and it would be interesting to see how a re-upped shipmaster would work in current meta. Shame to waste a unique leader now that newer dlc leaders have taken over meta.
> > >
> > > Atriox: Again hardly see him in 3v3. I think they nerfed him out of the game by overly reducing effect of fortifications and eradication is trash compared to other leaders’ powers.
> > >
> > > Cutter: small buff to ODST and buff to Cyclops & snipers would make cutter a good leader choice with his UNSC raid abilities.
> >
> > The other day, I completely killed a Hog army with Fortification by using Marauders anf Jump brutes. After Jump Brutes slowed and stunned them, i surrounded them and poped Eradication. Still, I think it need to cost 800 power and supplies or needs to be 15-20% faster.
>
> I use shipmaster he is my favorite leader his tactics revolve around teleportation which is really underrated and fun to use as it is fun to troll players by teleporting half an army to my army and pushing up or to stall but he lacks offensive (his only offensive leader power is glassing bean) leader powers like pavium and doesn’t have any special units besides his hero

Love me some Glassing Beans, part of a balanced breakfast.

> 2533274881158472;7:
> > 2535408720103530;3:
> >
>
> Love me some Glassing Beans, part of a balanced breakfast.

I prefer snack blasts.

These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.

Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.

Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.

As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.

> 2533274869891714;9:
> These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.
>
> Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.
>
> Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.
>
> As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.

I only disgree with Cheaper Bulwark. It does not heal much but you can survive nukes for a second or two. I faced a Pavium the other day and lost not a single unit because of Final Breath and Bulwark. Eradication is easy to avoid but a few jump brutes can stun and slow units long enough to kill nearly 80+pop. So I recommend Eradication cost 800/800 instead of buffing it’s speed.

> 2533274869891714;9:
> These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.
>
> Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.
>
> Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.
>
> As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.

Very nicely said. I agree with everything you said but you forgot one thing. Pavium is overweight.

> 2533274941559896;11:
> > 2533274869891714;9:
> > These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.
> >
> > Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.
> >
> > Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.
> >
> > As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.
>
> Very nicely said. I agree with everything you said but you forgot one thing. Pavium is overweight.

Voridus is also broken

> 2533274881158472;7:
> > 2535408720103530;3:
> > To me hog army’s aren’t really a big deal but it is ridiculous how much warthogs can be pumped out early
> >
> >
> > > 2535428931727626;2:
> > > > 2533274906761445;1:
> > > > I have a 3v3 perspective. Personally I think the game and meta should be left how it is but with small tweaks. Small nerf to pav and voridus would be cool too. Bring these leaders inline with the dominant leaders (forge, nightmare, ice girl, arbiter)
> > > >
> > > > Reasons for buff-
> > > > shipmaster: no one uses him in 3v3 anymore and it would be interesting to see how a re-upped shipmaster would work in current meta. Shame to waste a unique leader now that newer dlc leaders have taken over meta.
> > > >
> > > > Atriox: Again hardly see him in 3v3. I think they nerfed him out of the game by overly reducing effect of fortifications and eradication is trash compared to other leaders’ powers.
> > > >
> > > > Cutter: small buff to ODST and buff to Cyclops & snipers would make cutter a good leader choice with his UNSC raid abilities.
> > >
> > > The other day, I completely killed a Hog army with Fortification by using Marauders anf Jump brutes. After Jump Brutes slowed and stunned them, i surrounded them and poped Eradication. Still, I think it need to cost 800 power and supplies or needs to be 15-20% faster.
> >
> > I use shipmaster he is my favorite leader his tactics revolve around teleportation which is really underrated and fun to use as it is fun to troll players by teleporting half an army to my army and pushing up or to stall but he lacks offensive (his only offensive leader power is glassing bean) leader powers like pavium and doesn’t have any special units besides his hero
>
> Love me some Glassing Beans, part of a balanced breakfast.

They’re grrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

In all seriousness though I play shippy often in 3s and I find him to be quite awesome. I love his playstlye and overall I don’t think he needs a buff. If they were to give him one though I’d like for them to buff the displacement to go further. It usually buys you enough time but if they have pelican drop or another shippy or just a fast army in general it makes displacement a lot less useful. Still fun, just not as useful.

Ship’s displacement cooldown being dropped to launch levels would be broken. Make banished raid a two point LP, then leave him alone. Cutter doesn’t need any buffs, cyclops need a buff. Once cyclops are useful again Cutter will be fine. I’d like to see Atriox be useful again, I miss using him. Fortifications should be reverted to it’s original 25/50% shield gens are no longer insanely good, and banished turrets are garbage anyway. Bulwark’s cooldown should be shorter, leave the cost the same though.

> 2535428931727626;10:
> > 2533274869891714;9:
> > These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.
> >
> > Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.
> >
> > Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.
> >
> > As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.
>
> I only disgree with Cheaper Bulwark. It does not heal much but you can survive nukes for a second or two. I faced a Pavium the other day and lost not a single unit because of Final Breath and Bulwark. Eradication is easy to avoid but a few jump brutes can stun and slow units long enough to kill nearly 80+pop. So I recommend Eradication cost 800/800 instead of buffing it’s speed.

They plan to buff the beam damage overall and slightly lower the explosion damage (Atlas on Nakas thread)
Also surviving whatever that Pavium hit you with was from the Bulwark, once a unit hits 0 HP with Dying Breath, It’ll die regardless after a few seconds healed up or not.

> 2533274936603132;15:
> > 2535428931727626;10:
> > > 2533274869891714;9:
> > > These leaders are fairly balanced and don’t really need much work. Once the OP leader get brought down, we will hopefully see more leader diversity.
> > >
> > > Cutter will likely become top tier after infantry gets buffed. His CAS leader power could use some more health. Hard to justify spending 1500/0 on that ability when it does so easily.
> > >
> > > Shipmaster is in the same boat, once infantry gets buffed he will become much better. I also think you’re undervaluing shipmaster. Displacing an enemy army into you and two of your buddies is an instant army wipe, or opening up a Tactical Gateway and having two armies of Locust poor through results in an instant base wipe, those are just some examples of what he can do.
> > >
> > > As for Atriox, he needs a little bit of help. Fortifications could be buffed a little bit, as it’s difficult to justify dumping two points into it. Bulwark could be slightly cheaper with a slightly quicker cooldown, and Eradication could activate just a whisker faster. Other than that, he’s not bad. His hero unit and Jump Brutes can run the early game, if used well.
> >
> > I only disgree with Cheaper Bulwark. It does not heal much but you can survive nukes for a second or two. I faced a Pavium the other day and lost not a single unit because of Final Breath and Bulwark. Eradication is easy to avoid but a few jump brutes can stun and slow units long enough to kill nearly 80+pop. So I recommend Eradication cost 800/800 instead of buffing it’s speed.
>
> They plan to buff the beam damage overall and slightly lower the explosion damage (Atlas on Nakas thread)
> Also surviving whatever that Pavium hit you with was from the Bulwark, once a unit hits 0 HP with Dying Breath, It’ll die regardless after a few seconds healed up or not.

Ahh, RIP Dying Breath.

Atriox is still an extremely powerful leader and doesn’t need much of a buff. He has damage nullifying healing abilities, one of the best heroes in the game and leader powers that help him maintain map control. Plus, eradication is probably the strongest leader power, albeit a bit too slow.

I agree his fortifications and eradication need a minimal buff, but other than that, he’s still solid.

Same with shipmaster, he’s still a great leader that rewards strategic play and good micro. It’s just that the current meta heavily favors UNSC, so that Banished in general are in a disadvantage now. So all the banished leaders that aren’t broken feel far weaker than they actually are.

I’m not any closer to being convinced that shippy nor atriox are comparable with the popular chosen leaders - voridus, Pav etc. These two leaders haven’t moved with the times/ recent metas

Shipmaster: Displacement, gateway etc too long to cool down and require too much planning. As I said in op you need a decent army to capitalise on his leader abilities.

Atriox’s: the fortifications economy advantage is currently too nerfed to offset his lack of unit drops/ nukes on leader wheel. You get a so-so eradication which is way too expensive. There’s other banished leaders that have far more effective nukes/ equivalent with shorter cool down.

> 2533274978050668;17:
> Atriox is still an extremely powerful leader and doesn’t need much of a buff. He has damage nullifying healing abilities, one of the best heroes in the game and leader powers that help him maintain map control. Plus, eradication is probably the strongest leader power, albeit a bit too slow.
>
> I agree his fortifications and eradication need a minimal buff, but other than that, he’s still solid.
>
> Same with shipmaster, he’s still a great leader that rewards strategic play and good micro. It’s just that the current meta heavily favors UNSC, so that Banished in general are in a disadvantage now. So all the banished leaders that aren’t broken feel far weaker than they actually are.

RoF Does more damage then Eradication because it huts so hard and fast.

> 2535428931727626;6:
> > 2535408720103530;4:
> > My question is how would shipmaster be buffed. I think he should get a new unit or at least have a upgrades exclusive to him like allowing elite rangers to have jet packs and shields or give locusts an ability that makes it do more damage but makes it far more weaker just throwing some ideas out there that would be cool
>
> Shippy is one of the few leaders that does not needs to be touched. Raid and Adv. Cloak need to be changed a bit but overall, he would be a good leader if we were not in the Hog meta.

I mean you can deal with it quite easily heck just destroy half an army and displace the other half is you survive long enough and get hunters out I know they are slow but they are effective