Balancing the Loadouts

I point you towards this thread for reference:

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst90151_4sk-BR-Is-a-Necessity.aspx

"Carbine 7sk: 1.38 s

DMR 5sk: 1.48 s

BR 5sk: 1.82 s

BR if changed to 4sk: 1.39 s (Almost identical to H2 BR 4sk)"

Why would you put the BR back in as a completely underpowered piece of garbage? what was wrong with the old 4sk BR that everyone loved? If the BR isn’t balanced accordingly and doesn’t have comparable kill times with the other rifles, then I will not be getting Halo 4. I already wasted money on Reach, no need to waste another $60.

EDIT: To put in the stats from the other thread in here.

You won’t get a game based on one weapon ?

I wont get a game based on the level of competetive gameplay it offers. Widely unbalanced weapons + random spread of dmr = no competition.

The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?

Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.

> The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
>
> Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.

This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.

> I wont get a game based on the level of competetive gameplay it offers. Widely unbalanced weapons + random spread of dmr = no competition.

I think we’ll have to play the game to see how they all compare, don’t you ?

> > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> >
> > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
>
> This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.

Really? All the gameplay I have seen with the BR is straight pwnage. If you get shot first, of course you will die due to kill-times being so freaking close. Perhaps it’s just an old version?

> > I wont get a game based on the level of competetive gameplay it offers. Widely unbalanced weapons + random spread of dmr = no competition.
>
> I think we’ll have to play the game to see how they all compare, don’t you ?

Not really, you can tell something is underpowered by simply looking at the math and gameplay. Sure, you have to play the game for a while to understand the whole thing, but looking at the math its obvious that the BR is blatantly weaker than the other rifles, and seeing as how its the most difficult one to use, its ridiculous.

> > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> >
> > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
>
> This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.

Then use the DMR if it’s so much better. Luckily, both are available for you to choose from.

> > > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> > >
> > > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
> >
> > This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.
>
> Then use the DMR if it’s so much better. Luckily, both are available for you to choose from.

This is true. You have the DMR, Carbine, Lightrifle, AR, and Storm Rifle to choose from if the BR is bad. Sure, it’s a classic from Halo 3, but better to give it up than to get mad all day about it being bad.

> > > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> > >
> > > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
> >
> > This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.
>
> Then use the DMR if it’s so much better. Luckily, both are available for you to choose from.

Oh, damn me for wanting balance in a game, not a single overpowered weapon that dominates all others.

> > > > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> > > >
> > > > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
> > >
> > > This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.
> >
> > Then use the DMR if it’s so much better. Luckily, both are available for you to choose from.
>
> Oh, damn me for wanting balance in a game, not a single overpowered weapon that dominates all others.

Oh come on. Don’t start that again. You linked to a thread that argued the point ad nauseum. Trust me when I say I’m not the only one tired of seeing everyone go 'round and 'round with it.

You don’t think the BR is balanced, fine. If the other guns are so much better, use them instead. Luckily, there are PLENTY of utility weapons available in the armory to choose from. Choose the one you like best and if someone likes the BR but the DMR is so much better, then hey, easy kill for you right?

> > > I wont get a game based on the level of competetive gameplay it offers. Widely unbalanced weapons + random spread of dmr = no competition.
> >
> > I think we’ll have to play the game to see how they all compare, don’t you ?
>
> Not really, you can tell something is underpowered by simply looking at the math and gameplay. Sure, you have to play the game for a while to understand the whole thing, but looking at the math its obvious that the BR is blatantly weaker than the other rifles, and seeing as how its the most difficult one to use, its ridiculous.

How was the math done, we all play very differently, I’m not MLG, not even close to being that good, but I have won and lost many battles depending on loads of scenarios,

Take into account, player skill, strafing, accuracy, controller speed settings, contoller set up etc etc, I personally feel I cannot make a decision that a weapon will be good or bad until I use it the way I play,

If you can fine, but I can’t.

> > > > The bloom does not exceed the reticle on the DMR and is so small that it doesn’t matter. The BR is balanced with the other guns nicely. Remember, just because the BR is 5 shot doesn’t mean all guns are more powerful does it?
> > > >
> > > > Besides, if you watch the gameplay vids, you’ll notice kill-times and balance.
> > >
> > > This is why I linked that other thread for reference. A BR player can lose a 1v1 even if he doesnt miss a single shot. Its just underpowered as hell.
> >
> > Then use the DMR if it’s so much better. Luckily, both are available for you to choose from.
>
> This is true. You have the DMR, Carbine, Lightrifle, AR, and Storm Rifle to choose from if the BR is bad. Sure, it’s a classic from Halo 3, but better to give it up than to get mad all day about it being bad.

So the excuse that you can pick “better” weapons is good enough to look away from obvious balance issues? I don’t think so.

Listen, I am only suggesting alternatives. If I’m not mistaken, those kill-times are off a bit now anyway. I believe those may be E3 kill-times you may be seeing. If I am mistaken, I am sorry, but I am going off of memory.

Theres a vid on youtube i cant find right now , which made a side by side comparison of all precisionweapons and all are nearly the same in terms of killtime, except the lightrifle that is slightly faster or slower depedning on the use

> > > > I wont get a game based on the level of competetive gameplay it offers. Widely unbalanced weapons + random spread of dmr = no competition.
> > >
> > > I think we’ll have to play the game to see how they all compare, don’t you ?
> >
> > Not really, you can tell something is underpowered by simply looking at the math and gameplay. Sure, you have to play the game for a while to understand the whole thing, but looking at the math its obvious that the BR is blatantly weaker than the other rifles, and seeing as how its the most difficult one to use, its ridiculous.
>
> How was the math done, we all play very differently, I’m not MLG, not even close to being that good, but I have won and lost many battles depending on loads of scenarios,
>
> Take into account, player skill, strafing, accuracy, controller speed settings, contoller set up etc etc, I personally feel I cannot make a decision that a weapon will be good or bad until I use it the way I play,
>
> If you can fine, but I can’t.

Weapon balance should not take into consideration of skill, player accuracy, strafing, controller speed settings, etc because the DMR and the BR are effected equally by these. The player controls these, not the weapon. Ill say it again, the weapon does not effect these.

The simple fact that it has the potential to always KILL FASTER than the others is good enough reason to balance it out. Almost a half second difference.

The carbine is 7sk?

> The carbine is 7sk?

Yes, and even if the BR was 4sk, the carbine still kills faster.

> > The carbine is 7sk?
>
> Yes, and even if the BR was 4sk, the carbine still kills faster.

Then the BR looks indeed kind of inferior to the other Rifles.