Balancing in this game actually seems pretty good.

Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.

Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.

So, I’ll start!
Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?

In any game based on competetive multiplayer You will hear about OP, nerfing, balance needs and the usual yoink. Be above it and just enjoy the game because it is great!

> 2533274801664256;1:
> Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
>
> Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
>
> So, I’ll start!
> Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?

What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?

Please, the OP said he doesn’t want this to be an “OP plz nerf” thread.

Anyways in regards to Warthogs I have no idea, I only play Banished. I would think you could use them as a slightly tougher scout? Personally I think Snipers and Hornets just do better against infantry

> 2533274801664256;1:
> Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
>
> Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
>
> So, I’ll start!
> Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?

nope, warthogs are #NotGood, no matter how much I try to use them anyways out of nostalgia, definitely due for a small buff to make them more viable.

> 2533274801664256;1:
>
>
> So, I’ll start!

Going straight for gauss is an AMAZING counter for locusts. You don’t need the power to build but do need it to get tier 3. You can fast tech to beat the locusts pretty easily. I honestly love going fast tier 3 to get gauss and catch a LOT of players off guard when I spam them and use the ram ability to drop cyclops that they try and field to counter my units with.

> 2533274820642782;3:
> > 2533274801664256;1:
> > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> >
> > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> >
> > So, I’ll start!
> > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
>
> What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?

Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.

> 2758454771774254;7:
> > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > >
> > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > >
> > > So, I’ll start!
> > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> >
> > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
>
> Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.

You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems

> 2728966917066801;8:
> > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > >
> > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > >
> > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > >
> > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> >
> > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
>
> You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems

Who says I’m only building Grizzlies? In a rush sure I can beat a banish but once the mid to late game gets going because I play mostly 2v2 or 3v3 and have to defend against rushes with Cyclops, Marines or Wolverines. But swarm of Locust have been what I have been losing to regardless if I make air or ground units because they can hit everything. I would assume anti vehicles should counter Locust have an advantage with their range and their ability to take massive amounts of damage. I’m not calling them OP just yet but would like to hear about what I can do against them in the mid to late game. What would be the best counter because again those seem to win games because they can hit everything pretty good and are great building killers.

I think the balance is pretty good as well. Other than a buff to Isabel’s MAC blast, and finding a way to lower the effectiveness of the locust kite; I think it is about as balanced as it possibly can be.

I haven’t seen, or used, the Kinsano JR redline rush that people have been talking about, but it appears that it needs to be addressed as well. Otherwise, this game is good to go.

> 2728966917066801;8:
> > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > >
> > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > >
> > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > >
> > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> >
> > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
>
> You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems

This makes me wonder if you have ever gone against a decent player who does have them up, regardless of what you do in terms of early-mid game map control. You can get to locusts in a pretty short amount of time although I don’t know it off the top of my head. also a turtle can tech up faster than a rush. That’s just a fact.

So basically you get all the map control you want then bro spams locusts and takes it back with his pain train in less than half the time it took you to establish it. Also you woyuld have no army due to locusts and it’d be GGs. No joke rabbits are like paper when attacked by locusts… Air doesn’t fair as well as it should either.

just speaking from my exp, I love my hogs! they hold off the scout rushes extremely well but besides that I like using them to support my teammates since they are so fast especially with the speed upgrade from kinsano but then you get the flame hogs which personally I dont like as much as gauss hogs but nevertheless I use my hogs to make sure my friends armies have some extra dps backing them up and I like using them to react quickly to a surprise push from the enemy. they work AMAZING when playing with randoms because typically I get stuck with people who dont know what in the hell they’re doing and hogs ensure me I can switch to a defenseive role to an offensive support role on the drop of a hat and when you get gauss they mop the floor with any unit that isn’t tier 3 or cyclops of Course but even cyclops they can take out if you’ve got the numbers with some leader powers and the ram ability. I think hogs are great!

> 2533274820642782;11:
> > 2728966917066801;8:
> > > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > > >
> > > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > > >
> > > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > > >
> > > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> > >
> > > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
> >
> > You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems
>
> This makes me wonder if you have ever gone against a decent player who does have them up, regardless of what you do in terms of early-mid game map control. You can get to locusts in a pretty short amount of time although I don’t know it off the top of my head. also a turtle can tech up faster than a rush. That’s just a fact.
>
> So basically you get all the map control you want then bro spams locusts and takes it back with his pain train in less than half the time it took you to establish it. Also you woyuld have no army due to locusts and it’d be GGs. No joke rabbits are like paper when attacked by locusts… Air doesn’t fair as well as it should either.

locusts are the pinnacle of glass cannons. they are nowhere near op’d you’re simply making the wrong units against them. 5 marauders can take out 10 or more locusts no problems at all. they are beyond fragile, ive seriously seen 1 chosen take out 6-7 locusts by itself with only the first upgrade. if you’re having serious issues taking out locusts you’re doing something wrong. one archer missile strike can take out a whole squad, a Mac blast can even take out like 4 or 5 in one shot, if you know they’re coming just make 2 kodiaks semi near your base you’ll take out the whole squad before they can even reach your base, the only thing I do kinda admit is they are SLIGHTLY too effective against air, ill admit that but honestly I dont think its that big of an issue because since they got rid of vampires its nearly impossible to keep up with the air anyway and the range of the locusts nullifies that crucial weakness of the anti air. if you’re really having that hard of a time against locust send me a message and ill personally teach you how to counter them.

> 2533274813115252;13:
> > 2533274820642782;11:
> > > 2728966917066801;8:
> > > > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > > > >
> > > > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> > > >
> > > > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
> > >
> > > You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems
> >
> > This makes me wonder if you have ever gone against a decent player who does have them up, regardless of what you do in terms of early-mid game map control. You can get to locusts in a pretty short amount of time although I don’t know it off the top of my head. also a turtle can tech up faster than a rush. That’s just a fact.
> >
> > So basically you get all the map control you want then bro spams locusts and takes it back with his pain train in less than half the time it took you to establish it. Also you woyuld have no army due to locusts and it’d be GGs. No joke rabbits are like paper when attacked by locusts… Air doesn’t fair as well as it should either.
>
> locusts are the pinnacle of glass cannons. they are nowhere near op’d you’re simply making the wrong units against them. 5 marauders can take out 10 or more locusts no problems at all. they are beyond fragile, ive seriously seen 1 chosen take out 6-7 locusts by itself with only the first upgrade. if you’re having serious issues taking out locusts you’re doing something wrong. one archer missile strike can take out a whole squad, a Mac blast can even take out like 4 or 5 in one shot, if you know they’re coming just make 2 kodiaks semi near your base you’ll take out the whole squad before they can even reach your base, the only thing I do kinda admit is they are SLIGHTLY too effective against air, ill admit that but honestly I dont think its that big of an issue because since they got rid of vampires its nearly impossible to keep up with the air anyway and the range of the locusts nullifies that crucial weakness of the anti air. if you’re really having that hard of a time against locust send me a message and ill personally teach you how to counter them.

Well bro, I agree with most of your assessments as to what takes them out the best but those units rely on their increased health compared to other units (marauders are pretty comparable to scorps in terms of tankyness) and chosen is also tanky with shield and has a great DPS.

There are other problems than just those you brought up and addressed though. Like a decent swarm of locusts being able to take as many cyclops’s (without shock rounds but still very applicable). also they have shields without an upgrade which seems pretty unfair.

Sure they are fragile and can be taken out with most powers but behind a cloaked base they make breaking turtles all the harder than it should be.

Warthogs (with the exception of flame mortar hogs) are in the same weird spot as the Marauder.

They just don’t seem to fill any role at the moment, they’re good for nothing specifically and are very expensive. Not only in their cost but also on the fact that they require a garage/foundry.

Scout vehicles seem to do the job better, mainly because they are T1 so you don’t really have to transition and wait for your garage/foundry to build.

I have no idea at the moment how to effectively buff them without them becoming OP. It seems to me everyone uses Locusts because it’s the only efficient Banished vehicle. And in the UNSC side the Jackrabbit is far superior to the hog.

> 2533274821521504;15:
> Warthogs (with the exception of flame mortar hogs) are in the same weird spot as the Marauder.
>
> They just don’t seem to fill any role at the moment, they’re good for nothing specifically and are very expensive. Not only in their cost but also on the fact that they require a garage/foundry.
>
> Scout vehicles seem to do the job better, mainly because they are T1 so you don’t really have to transition and wait for your garage/foundry to build.
>
> I have no idea at the moment how to effectively buff them without them becoming OP. It seems to me everyone uses Locusts because it’s the only efficient Banished vehicle. And in the UNSC side the Jackrabbit is far superior to the hog.

id take 4-5 hogs at 4 min. over 10-12 jr at 4 min any day of the week. of course just my opinion but ive RARELY had a serious problem against jack rabbits with my current straight into hog or marauder build. I can get 4-5 hogs up at 4 min. on the dot. mix that in with a turret just to slow them down and a little extra dps the only way they beat my hogs mixed with turrets is if they bring their marines with them and use the grenades but if they miss the grenades I win every time. I really dont see the scouts as such a huge issue and definitely not superior to the hogs in any way.

Interesting! Maybe, I’ve been trying to use them all wrong. I had no idea they could be effective against locusts.

> 2533274820642782;11:
> > 2728966917066801;8:
> > > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > > >
> > > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > > >
> > > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > > >
> > > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> > >
> > > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
> >
> > You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems
>
> This makes me wonder if you have ever gone against a decent player who does have them up, regardless of what you do in terms of early-mid game map control. You can get to locusts in a pretty short amount of time although I don’t know it off the top of my head. also a turtle can tech up faster than a rush. That’s just a fact.
>
> So basically you get all the map control you want then bro spams locusts and takes it back with his pain train in less than half the time it took you to establish it. Also you woyuld have no army due to locusts and it’d be GGs. No joke rabbits are like paper when attacked by locusts… Air doesn’t fair as well as it should either.

I don’t know if you have ever played a good forge with that comment when forge rushes jack rabbits correctly they are only 30 secs behind a turtle getting to tech 2 because jack rabbits cost very little power and with having far more output they pass you in product under the 5 minute mark also if you play a couple games with locust you will realise that they are not op you just do not know how to play against them so I am sorry that unsc is not as dominant in the mid game as they are in early game but problem is not with locust it is with your play style

> 2728966917066801;18:
> > 2533274820642782;11:
> > > 2728966917066801;8:
> > > > 2758454771774254;7:
> > > > > 2533274820642782;3:
> > > > > > 2533274801664256;1:
> > > > > > Dunno why in every thread, 10 people take the time to complain about how unfair the game is. I’m no great strategist, but I don’t win or lose consistently against any leader. Rank doesn’t even make much difference, because the game’s too new.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Anecdotal as that may be, I wish there were some posts of substance around here, or even some gratitude to 343 for making a sequel most of us (I think) never thought would happen. Lets have strategy tips and leader matchup discussions. Quit pleading for balance changes. Negativity on this board is stifling.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > So, I’ll start!
> > > > > > Has anybody found a good use for warthogs yet? I want to use them but I haven’t found a place for them in my strategy. Im still not sure on their purpose in the new game. Any successes?
> > > > >
> > > > > What do you think about locusts (supposed to be purely anti-building) being able to attack air and having pretty darn effective range then?
> > > >
> > > > Yup this is what I’m having issues with in mid to late game. Locust swarms seem to be untouchable because of their range and the fact that they can hit everything from ground units to air. Upgraded they are relentless.
> > >
> > > You main forge you can jack rabbit rush and still get to tech 2 before any other leader so needless to say rush jack rabbits then switch to anything tech 2 with map control and the other team never gets locust just throwing it out there there are many things that need to be fixed before locust an army of hornets destroy them just stop only building grizzlies and you have no problems
> >
> > This makes me wonder if you have ever gone against a decent player who does have them up, regardless of what you do in terms of early-mid game map control. You can get to locusts in a pretty short amount of time although I don’t know it off the top of my head. also a turtle can tech up faster than a rush. That’s just a fact.
> >
> > So basically you get all the map control you want then bro spams locusts and takes it back with his pain train in less than half the time it took you to establish it. Also you woyuld have no army due to locusts and it’d be GGs. No joke rabbits are like paper when attacked by locusts… Air doesn’t fair as well as it should either.
>
> I don’t know if you have ever played a good forge with that comment when forge rushes jack rabbits correctly they are only 30 secs behind a turtle getting to tech 2 because jack rabbits cost very little power and with having far more output they pass you in product under the 5 minute mark also if you play a couple games with locust you will realise that they are not op you just do not know how to play against them so I am sorry that unsc is not as dominant in the mid game as they are in early game but problem is not with locust it is with your play style

Locusts are very tough to deal with even with their counters because they will take your base down faster than your units can kill them. Couple this with the sight range and speed. Your opponent also just keeps spamming (pretty cheap unit) and uses teleport (which all Banished have I believe) to get them around your bases quickly. I’ve had small forces of hunters fall to Locust just because of how fast they move and can still attack from far off while they are running away.

Only banished players i’ve lost to have all come to locusts and nothing else.

You don’t see good forges because Kisano does the JR rush better lol. He just isn’t that viable IMO. Almost seems like no one uses him and if you do get paired against him, his economy doesn’t seem to make the difference. Can’t even remember the last time i’ve lost to a Forge. See him more in 2s and 3s, paired with Atrioxes. But in 1s you don’t see him very often.

> 2533274801664256;1:
>
>
> So, I’ll start!

I don’t mean this in any way as an attack, but you are in Gold, unless im reading your ranking wrong. When you get into higher tiers, things get exploited more. This game is clearly unbalanced, but they are working on it. It’s not like its unplayable, but it needs improvement, and quite frankly could use another faction, as well as a Banished buff/mechanic change. No one uses Banished really, some do, and do it very well, but I have a feeling they would be even better if they played as Kinsano for example.

Also, Kinsano’s flame warthhogs have a lot of good uses against infantry builds. Give it a try when you see an opponent going full infantry at the start.