Balance

I have to say, the game is currently in the best spot since post jerome nerf. Good job to the teams at halo, i am currently having so much fun on the game and have looked forward to jumping on and playing any game mode. Almost any leader is viable and i can say ive mained almost every banished and achieved solid wins the last few days. Good job 343, i and my friends are very pleased with the game in its current state :crossed_fingers:

Air is a bit OP in 2v2s and 3v3s. It’s really hard to build anti air due to the high energy cost and even when you do get a big ball of anti air up it hardly makes a dent against banshees and hornets. Wolverines and reavers need a special buff specifically against hornets and banshees (they can remain the same against everything else)

Incorrect me and a friend both defended against 9 vultures 15 hornets and healers, by using reavers and air, leader powers and correct positioning will win

> 2533274890771440;3:
> Incorrect me and a friend both defended against 9 vultures 15 hornets and healers, by using reavers and air, leader powers and correct positioning will win

So it took everythinything you had to counter a mindless mass air push? Doesn’t exactly scream balance to me. Shouldn’t counter units handle their weight in what they counter without leader powers + the type of unit they counter?

my only complaints are that siege turrets can do a bit too much damage to incoming ground armies and bases are a little too hard to drop. My average game time has increased noticeably since the last 2 patches. Other than that I’m happy with all the units.

> 2533274954420315;4:
> > 2533274890771440;3:
> > Incorrect me and a friend both defended against 9 vultures 15 hornets and healers, by using reavers and air, leader powers and correct positioning will win
>
> So it took everythinything you had to counter a mindless mass air push? Doesn’t exactly scream balance to me. Shouldn’t counter units handle their weight in what they counter without leader powers + the type of unit they counter?

Sorry let me explain, 9 vultures 15 hornets healers then 9 tanks another 9 vultures, and whatever else, rough estimates. Which outnumbered us yet we came out on top. Leader powers should be used on every engagement and if your not using them, your selling yourself short.

And as for siege turrets, banished counter it rather easy.

This is encouraging! Is the yap yap bubble shield base killer combo still a thing?

> 2533274853154903;7:
> This is encouraging! Is the yap yap bubble shield base killer combo still a thing?

Well, no one has made a huge deal out of it so I think no lol

> 2533274927740213;8:
> > 2533274853154903;7:
> > This is encouraging! Is the yap yap bubble shield base killer combo still a thing?
>
> Well, no one has made a huge deal out of it so I think no lol

I didnt hear a huge fuss out of it when it was a thing. Only a few top 8ish people in the 1s leaderboards used it. It was what finally made me quit this game (take a break). Hmm i suppose ill trust yall, maybe hit the good old solo ranked playslist again today!

> 2533274853154903;9:
> > 2533274927740213;8:
> > > 2533274853154903;7:
> > > This is encouraging! Is the yap yap bubble shield base killer combo still a thing?
> >
> > Well, no one has made a huge deal out of it so I think no lol
>
> I didnt hear a huge fuss out of it when it was a thing. Only a few top 8ish people in the 1s leaderboards used it. It was what finally made me quit this game (take a break). Hmm i suppose ill trust yall, maybe hit the good old solo ranked playslist again today!

Ive been playing colony, shippy, atriox, and decimus and having an absolute ball! Up against good players and its not lop sided, legit facing serinas, isabelles anders, and its got ita flavour back

> 2533274843762975;2:
> Air is a bit OP in 2v2s and 3v3s. It’s really hard to build anti air due to the high energy cost and even when you do get a big ball of anti air up it hardly makes a dent against banshees and hornets. Wolverines and reavers need a special buff specifically against hornets and banshees (they can remain the same against everything else)

This is most definitely not the case in 1s. A handful of wolves decimate all air. I find it really weird that it’s the case in multi team… maybe you aren’t building enough anti air or aren’t mixing in buffer units like marines…

> 2533274840245702;5:
> my only complaints are that siege turrets can do a bit too much damage to incoming ground armies and bases are a little too hard to drop. My average game time has increased noticeably since the last 2 patches. Other than that I’m happy with all the units.

Lol Wall, I see you made it over from your seige turret thread :laughing:

> 2535409067250374;12:
> > 2533274840245702;5:
> > my only complaints are that siege turrets can do a bit too much damage to incoming ground armies and bases are a little too hard to drop. My average game time has increased noticeably since the last 2 patches. Other than that I’m happy with all the units.
>
> Lol Wall, I see you made it over from your seige turret thread :laughing:

I figured I go out for a walk and get some fresh air in someone else’s thread lol

> 2533274840245702;13:
> > 2535409067250374;12:
> > > 2533274840245702;5:
> > > my only complaints are that siege turrets can do a bit too much damage to incoming ground armies and bases are a little too hard to drop. My average game time has increased noticeably since the last 2 patches. Other than that I’m happy with all the units.
> >
> > Lol Wall, I see you made it over from your seige turret thread :laughing:
>
> I figured I go out for a walk and get some fresh air in someone else’s thread lol

Banished counter is them shrouds, i never seen there usefulness til now, flying tanks m8

> 2533274890771440;14:
> > 2533274840245702;13:
> > > 2535409067250374;12:
> > > > 2533274840245702;5:
> > > > my only complaints are that siege turrets can do a bit too much damage to incoming ground armies and bases are a little too hard to drop. My average game time has increased noticeably since the last 2 patches. Other than that I’m happy with all the units.
> > >
> > > Lol Wall, I see you made it over from your seige turret thread :laughing:
> >
> > I figured I go out for a walk and get some fresh air in someone else’s thread lol
>
> Banished counter is them shrouds, i never seen there usefulness til now, flying tanks m8

shrouds don’t stack up well if they have any anti air. please direct all siege turret comments to Can We Please Talk About Siege Turrets

> 2533274890771440;6:
> > 2533274954420315;4:
> > > 2533274890771440;3:
> > > Incorrect me and a friend both defended against 9 vultures 15 hornets and healers, by using reavers and air, leader powers and correct positioning will win
> >
> > So it took everythinything you had to counter a mindless mass air push? Doesn’t exactly scream balance to me. Shouldn’t counter units handle their weight in what they counter without leader powers + the type of unit they counter?
>
> Sorry let me explain, 9 vultures 15 hornets healers then 9 tanks another 9 vultures, and whatever else, rough estimates. Which outnumbered us yet we came out on top. Leader powers should be used on every engagement and if your not using them, your selling yourself short.
>
> And as for siege turrets, banished counter it rather easy.

If you could make it to tech two as banished to get the counters for siege pre balance update, you’re either the greatest player on earth or your opponent wasn’t the UNSC.

> 2533274890771440;6:
> > 2533274954420315;4:
> > > 2533274890771440;3:
> > > Incorrect me and a friend both defended against 9 vultures 15 hornets and healers, by using reavers and air, leader powers and correct positioning will win
> >
> > So it took everythinything you had to counter a mindless mass air push? Doesn’t exactly scream balance to me. Shouldn’t counter units handle their weight in what they counter without leader powers + the type of unit they counter?
>
> Sorry let me explain, 9 vultures 15 hornets healers then 9 tanks another 9 vultures, and whatever else, rough estimates. Which outnumbered us yet we came out on top. Leader powers should be used on every engagement and if your not using them, your selling yourself short.
>
> And as for siege turrets, banished counter it rather easy.

Also, that didn’t clear anything up, here’s what would; how much anti-air did you have? My complaint is that it takes too much to counter a ball of air, where as other counter units do their job much more effectively.

Speaking of balance, I still love forge and understand the much needed nerf; I was embarrassed to win with such a powerful hog lol. What about Yapyap? I’m not sure how to open to counter unsc on 1v1 because even though the sui grunts got upgraded, he doesn’t have those plus the fodders are too weak to be viable to an early rush. I still love playing him but every unsc loves to rush immediately with flamers and marines to my base, I tried choppers with no success, I’ve had better success with double raid camp and methane wagons to spam heavy grunts but even then I barely live to get crushed in tech 2, any suggestions?

> 2535408801944375;18:
> Speaking of balance, I still love forge and understand the much needed nerf; I was embarrassed to win with such a powerful hog lol. What about Yapyap? I’m not sure how to open to counter unsc on 1v1 because even though the sui grunts got upgraded, he doesn’t have those plus the fodders are too weak to be viable to an early rush. I still love playing him but every unsc loves to rush immediately with flamers and marines to my base, I tried choppers with no success, I’ve had better success with double raid camp and methane wagons to spam heavy grunts but even then I barely live to get crushed in tech 2, any suggestions?

Brute Riders work pretty well, they’re fairly decent when it comes to infantry, and they can pound the heck out of buildings.

> 2533274927740213;19:
> > 2535408801944375;18:
> > Speaking of balance, I still love forge and understand the much needed nerf; I was embarrassed to win with such a powerful hog lol. What about Yapyap? I’m not sure how to open to counter unsc on 1v1 because even though the sui grunts got upgraded, he doesn’t have those plus the fodders are too weak to be viable to an early rush. I still love playing him but every unsc loves to rush immediately with flamers and marines to my base, I tried choppers with no success, I’ve had better success with double raid camp and methane wagons to spam heavy grunts but even then I barely live to get crushed in tech 2, any suggestions?
>
> Brute Riders work pretty well, they’re fairly decent when it comes to infantry, and they can pound the heck out of buildings.

I guess a lil mix of those funny brute riders and heavy grunts with wagons is a nice way to start tier 1 against flamers and marines early push?