Bad Team Mate Magnet?

Hello!

Why am I always teamed up with bad team mates when I’m playing alone? Really, always I’m not kidding. Every time the enemy team has top tier players and I get the not so good players in my team.

I love good competitve games and I’m really not a bad player, but mostly my team mates get no kills or they aren’t doing anything productive, then the enemy gets map control and alone I can’t do much about it.

Am I the only who is experiencing this? I’m posting this because I’m currently again on a approximately 20 game loss streak across most of the playlists (mostly Team Slayer, Team Snipers, Heavies, Ctf, Team Action Sack) due to bad team mates :confused:

I’d appreciate if somebody could tell me what is going on there… or am I just having extremly bad luck all the time?

Thanks in advance!

That’s how bad the matchmaking system is in Halo 4.

But why is everything fine when I start playing with some friends? If I play with them we only find matches with an equal skill level.

I too have started to begin noticing this, but then again, that’s how the matchmaking system works for Halo 4. There really isn’t much you can do besides leaving player feedback on their player card, so that you’ll less likely have a chance of being paired up with them again in the future. I do this frequently when I feel it is necessary, maybe that’s why I don’t experience it that often? Anyway, if you feel that you have a good reason to avoid a specific player, then leave feedback. It will definitely pay out in the end.

@Cry for Hop3: Frankly, you’re just good at Halo 4 (and probably Halo in general) and it’s hard to match you up. You’re a 50 with a K/D above 2. With the low population & lack of overall skill from the player base, it’s going to be hard to match you up in a reasonable amount of time.

I really don’t think it’s the system, I think it’s you.

I’m average and I have no problem finding good matches as far as skill. I’m not at the top or bottom of skill so I fall into place (I’m top player if they are bad, I’m low to average if people are ‘good’ (relatively speaking for me of course).

Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of problems with black screens, lag, getting ‘DNF’ (my pet-peeve), etc. The majority of the player base gets matched up just fine on skill (regardless of what they say, check service records and you’ll see).

Only really good people and really bad people have match-up problems CONSISTENTLY. Don’t get me wrong, I get HORRIBLE match-ups sometimes, but I’m saying it’s decent overall. You will get ‘screwed’ often b/c you’re playing with ‘scrubs’ (relative to you) like me (:

@SpryMetal53
Would be a possibility, but I don’t want to avoid about 5 players each game?

@ThePewPewBBQ
So, I better just avoid playing alone then? Because if I play with friends everything is fine. I find “normal” games and can enjoy playing even if we lose…
And I don’t “hate” to play with players below my level don’t get me wrong, it’s fun from time to time. But if everyone is on your skill level EXCEPT my team and that 20 times in a row then it starts to get frustrating… (Thanks for the compliments btw.)

Well, thanks for your answers. Apparently, it’s really just something with me and/or the system and I can’t do much about it, thx for clearing that up :wink:
(Thanks to SpryMetal53 for letting me know that I’m not the only one who has this problem.)

At a high rank the system is going to try to match you up against players that are in your skill barn. If some of those players happen to be teamed up then when the game tries to do it’s best to evenly distribute you it can disproportionally distribute what it sees as high ranked players among the teams.

I would venture to guess that your friends are lower in CSR than you are which should attract lower ranked players.

The best thing to do is to play for fun and not worry about how good/bad your teamies are. If your competitive that’s fine, just follow around the weaklings and carry them. Make it a challenge for yourself.

> @SpryMetal53
> Would be a possibility, but I don’t want to avoid about 5 players each game?
>
> @ThePewPewBBQ
> So, I better just avoid playing alone then? Because if I play with friends everything is fine. I find “normal” games and can enjoy playing even if we lose…
> And I don’t “hate” to play with players below my level don’t get me wrong, it’s fun from time to time. But if everyone is on your skill level EXCEPT my team and that 20 times in a row then it starts to get frustrating… (Thanks for the compliments btw.)
>
> Well, thanks for your answers. Apparently, it’s really just something with me and/or the system and I can’t do much about it, thx for clearing that up :wink:
> (Thanks to SpryMetal53 for letting me know that I’m not the only one who has this problem.)

I have this problem as well, the game is really bad at matchmaking, I have games that I get above 30 kill and my team still loses.

If you wish to play alone, try Rumble Pit (which I wish would add Legendary slayer by now).

Instead of the Halo 3 way (all skils have a difference of 6 away from each other, unless there is someone tagging along e.g. a 10 with a 30 means everyone will be in between 24 and 36 except the 10) they used a system that uses averages of teams (4 LV20 against 2 Lv50s and 2 Lv10s is seen as an equal match, it won’t always be a perfect case of total against total but this is the idea).

I consider myself pretty good, and I play halo 4 pretty often. Just send me a FR if you wanna team up sometime

@an album coverX
Like I said before I don’t hate to play with players below my skill level, but if that happens 20 times in a row then it’s just annoying. And carrying is a way, you’re right, but for example on Ragnarok (Heavies) if we get pushed back to our base with a Scorpion, Wraith, Mantis, Banshee, Spartan Laser in enemy hands I can’t really do much :confused:

@spartanC18
Yeah I played Rumble Pit a while ago and also got my 50 in it, but usually I prefer team based gametypes.

The community is simply too small and divided to result in good matchmaking. I’ve been getting stuck constantly with players that think every gametype is Slayer. Good times.

> I have this problem as well, the game is really bad at matchmaking, I have games that I get above 30 kill and my team still loses.

No offense, but the problem with the game you posted isn’t that your teammates suck. Actually, it looks like the opposing team is closely matched with your teammates. You were simply erroneously placed in a group of lower skilled players. Hence your massive rating.

> > I have this problem as well, the game is really bad at matchmaking, I have games that I get above 30 kill and my team still loses.
>
> No offense, but the problem with the game you posted isn’t that your teammates suck. Actually, it looks like the opposing team is closely matched with your teammates. You were simply erroneously placed in a group of lower skilled players. Hence your massive rating.

You’re kidding right?

The Level 2 and 1 fit with the 20s?
And if the teams were closely matched safe for me we should have won.

> The community is simply too small and divided to result in good matchmaking. I’ve been getting stuck constantly with players that think every gametype is Slayer. Good times.
>
>
>
> > I have this problem as well, the game is really bad at matchmaking, I have games that I get above 30 kill and my team still loses.
>
> No offense, but the problem with the game you posted isn’t that your teammates suck. Actually, it looks like the opposing team is closely matched with your teammates. You were simply erroneously placed in a group of lower skilled players. Hence your massive rating.

What are you talking about? He would have won if the teams were even. Team that sucks VS Team that sucks except one player = A win for the latter.

600-540 is actually a pretty balanced endgame score. Moreover, the sum of the CSRs of each team balance out to 78-71.

The real issue with that game isn’t imbalance as much as it is that the rank gap is way too high. A CSR 49 should never, under any circumstances save for funky party setups, be matchmade with a CSR 1.

The reason they lost was simply because the 49’s +17 K/D spread wasn’t enough to compensate for the 1’s and 2’s -9 and -10. So even though the teams were “balanced,” it wasn’t a quality game because it really just boiled down to the better player trying to win faster than the lesser players could lose. And of course, as we can see, he wasn’t able to.

hey there, i know how the op feels, i’ve pretty much just started getting into fps mpers being rpger, only dabbled with halo 3 back in the day. What i’m seeing every match is team mates just standing there, small fights breaking out on the same team, i’ve been run over by team mates more times than i can count, one memorable time a team mate stuck me because they thought i was going to pick up a turret they wanted, in flag i’ve been betrayed just so they can cap the flag, i’ve been betrayed so they could take my sniper rifle.
It’s been pretty horrendous and disheartening my question is does it get better at higher csr?

> hey there, i know how the op feels, i’ve pretty much just started getting into fps mpers being rpger, only dabbled with halo 3 back in the day. What i’m seeing every match is team mates just standing there, small fights breaking out on the same team, i’ve been run over by team mates more times than i can count, one memorable time a team mate stuck me because they thought i was going to pick up a turret they wanted, in flag i’ve been betrayed just so they can cap the flag, i’ve been betrayed so they could take my sniper rifle.
> It’s been pretty horrendous and disheartening my question is does it get better at higher csr?

Just avoid playing alone. Play with your friends or just invite some players that did well in your previous game. When you play with such people the internal team “problems” like betraying are gone and you can focus and the enemy team.

> 600-540 is actually a pretty balanced endgame score. Moreover, the sum of the CSRs of each team balance out to 78-71.
>
> The real issue with that game isn’t imbalance as much as it is that the rank gap is way too high. A CSR 49 should never, under any circumstances save for funky party setups, be matchmade with a CSR 1.
>
> The reason they lost was simply because the 49’s +17 K/D spread wasn’t enough to compensate for the <mark>1’s and 2’s -9 and -10</mark>. So even though the teams were “balanced,” it wasn’t a quality game because it really just boiled down to the better player trying to win faster than the lesser players could lose. And of course, as we can see, he wasn’t able to.

Clearly, the teams weren’t balanced if the enemy team was slaughtering his teammates.

Ah… So many memories of derps running around with two power weapons and knowing not how to use them… and those derps being on my team. I encounter this all the time. In any game, I’ll normally be on the team with the people who left their Xbox on and gave the dog free reign of the house, while the other team is full of Master Presitge/SR130s/Colonel 100s… It’s annoying, and I can’t do anything about it. It’s best to either quit the match or hope you get put on a team with someone who has a frontal lobe for once.

> hey there, i know how the op feels, i’ve pretty much just started getting into fps mpers being rpger, only dabbled with halo 3 back in the day. What i’m seeing every match is team mates just standing there, small fights breaking out on the same team, i’ve been run over by team mates more times than i can count, one memorable time a team mate stuck me because they thought i was going to pick up a turret they wanted, in flag i’ve been betrayed just so they can cap the flag, i’ve been betrayed so they could take my sniper rifle.
> It’s been pretty horrendous and disheartening my question is does it get better at higher csr?

Ah… I see you have met any gaming community out there. When you give people anonymity and very little punishment for being bad, they will do it. Seems like you should just submit a player review and move on.

Today 343i once again proofed how -Yoink- it is at MM, I dropped from 49 to 45 in Swat
Because
why
make
fair
teams

That’s not even all the games my team mates went so negative I could not keep up (or the games were the host was so bad people were teleporting all over the place).
And Rumble Pit has really bad connection (everyone quite? really 343i).

I think I might as well do what everyone does, when Destiny comes out, not touch Halo till the MCC. None of my friends wish to play this game anymore because of how bad it is (not just the MM but the gameplay in general).