Bad News: Downloading Halo 5 updates...

Via Personal Hotspot on iPhone 5.

Just to let 343 know in Australia it cost me $100 just to download Big Team Battle. I literally just put that much money on my phone and it was instantly consumed, just by downloading that one game type. $120 is worth 10 GB and I’m left with almost nothing to play online with. (1 round usually costs about 100mb or more)

Why may I ask do we need so many updates aside from Forge? It costs a bloody ton! Even with Broadband, I have a two friends who paid $150 each to broadband last month just playing Halo 5 alone. Extra for updates.

Shouldn’t all of the game types have been released at launch? I honestly don’t see the for sense for so many updates, especially since the phone companies benefit out of all this. ((Did Microsoft make deal with Verizon? Etc?)) Why sell us pieces of Halo rather than a complete package now? Will Halo 6 be devided into even more fragments? Thanks Bonnie for so much Intel. (Being sarcastic)

In fact, why can’t we just play Halo 5 offline aside from the campaign? Or does no one ever play offline anymore?

Problem with Halo 5 is it costs too much to keep updating. Any game on Xbox One Is similar, but why does Halo have to follow the same route??

Can’t wait to see how many GB for forge. Thanks 343. Great job.

Let me know if any of you experience the same issue.

EDIT: iPhone 10 GB can play up to 100-T150 MB per multiplayer session in any game (except ESO). Worth $100 est. That’s enough to play online for over a month without any downloads, or other data consumption.

EDIT: Halo 5 content shouldn’t even be DLC, it should’ve already been available content on purchase (especially disc). That’s my point. No other Halo game had you download half the game types months after launch

Do you not have a broadband service in place for your home?

Using mobile data for large updates is never a good idea, I can fault 343i for many things but this isn’t one of them

> 2533274832130936;2:
> Do you not have a broadband service in place for your home?
>
> Using mobile data for large updates is never a good idea, I can fault 343i for many things but this isn’t one of them

Some of us don’t have those kinds of commitments.

During 360 era: Play all classic Halos on disc.

During One era: "Please connect to Xbox Live to access game despite having disc (which only contains 20% of game content)

The Halo 5 content included (as far as I understand it) a number of weapon and vehicle skins, two new armour sets and the 4 Forge maps. Now, I’m not entirely sure about this but I think it may have also had some stuff ready for the Forge update that comes in December. This way they can split it to reduce the size of the major Forge update. I agree that it’s annoying though, this whole generation seems to be one of ridiculously large updates and installs.

Is this thread serious? You shouldn’t be running your Xbox One off a cell phone. Plain and simple. Maybe you should’ve spent the $410 (minimum) you paid for your XOne and Halo 5 (and also whatever you’re spending on your phone bill) and gotten broadband or even DSL.

this guy… straight trollin’

lolololololol

but seriously, is he serious?

> 2535414369351666;3:
> > 2533274832130936;2:
> > Do you not have a broadband service in place for your home?
> >
> > Using mobile data for large updates is never a good idea, I can fault 343i for many things but this isn’t one of them
>
>
> Some of us don’t have those kinds of commitments.
>
> During 360 era: Play all classic Halos on disc.
>
> During One era: "Please connect to Xbox Live to access game despite having disc (which only contains 20% of game content)

Even on the 360, games had significant updates
And even if you don’t have those kind of “commitments” surely you know someone who does and taken your machine over to his?her house and downloaded the update there
Again, downloading massive amounts of data from your mobile service is never a good idea

> 2533274874948907;6:
> this guy… straight trollin’
>
> lolololololol
>
> but seriously, is he serious?
>
> https://media1.giphy.com/media/aZ3LDBs1ExsE8/200.gif

I can literally play for a month on 360 with no downloads involved. Halo 5 might be a wake up call to either pay more money for more freedom of commitment, or to demand Halo 6 to be complete, ie 2 downloads at max except expansion packs

In fact, why does Halo 5 “need” broadband or an Internet connection at all to function at all? Because it’s an online game only. It’s frustrating. Now forge will consume GB too instead of building for free offline

> 2533274832130936;7:
> > 2535414369351666;3:
> > > 2533274832130936;2:
> > > Do you not have a broadband service in place for your home?
> > >
> > > Using mobile data for large updates is never a good idea, I can fault 343i for many things but this isn’t one of them
> >
> >
> > Some of us don’t have those kinds of commitments.
> >
> > During 360 era: Play all classic Halos on disc.
> >
> > During One era: "Please connect to Xbox Live to access game despite having disc (which only contains 20% of game content)
>
>
> Even on the 360, games had significant updates
> And even if you don’t have those kind of “commitments” surely you know someone who does and taken your machine over to his?her house and downloaded the update there
> Again, downloading massive amounts of data from your mobile service is never a good idea

No not really. I have downloaded things on 360 but it’s not like the One, which is more frequent. I haven’t really downloaded much on 360 either, just played the disc with 1 occasional online instalment.

You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.

Man, I’m glad I don’t live in Australia. Is there no way to let it download with your home internet?

> 2810058517507654;10:
> You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.

Are you saying I would have to literally unplug my Xbox, bring it to a free wifi location (possible) just to install the latest update? (Because literally it won’t let you play online unless you do), or maybe I should spend $700 for NBN broadband to be installed At home, then pay $200 a month… That’s why I use a phone. Plus I’m not 100% sure how much GB big team battle was, but it wasn’t revealed on the apps or menu how much it actually was

> 2533274873630868;11:
> Man, I’m glad I don’t live in Australia. Is there no way to let it download with your home internet?

I have a friend who paid $700 to install 3 wifi adapters for a broadband connection. This month it cost $300 to maintain the service. I’m not joking.

> 2535414369351666;12:
> > 2810058517507654;10:
> > You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.
>
>
> Are you saying I would have to literally unplug my Xbox, bring it to a free wifi location (possible) just to install the latest update? (Because literally it won’t let you play online unless you do), or maybe I should spend $700 for NBN broadband to be installed At home, then pay $200 a month… That’s why I use a phone. Plus I’m not 100% sure how much GB big team battle was, but it wasn’t revealed on the apps or menu how much it actually was

Yes you should do as Haloboi suggest… none of your “problems” are 343s fault.

> 2533274816788253;14:
> > 2535414369351666;12:
> > > 2810058517507654;10:
> > > You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.
> >
> >
> > Are you saying I would have to literally unplug my Xbox, bring it to a free wifi location (possible) just to install the latest update? (Because literally it won’t let you play online unless you do), or maybe I should spend $700 for NBN broadband to be installed At home, then pay $200 a month… That’s why I use a phone. Plus I’m not 100% sure how much GB big team battle was, but it wasn’t revealed on the apps or menu how much it actually was
>
>
> Yes you should do as Haloboi suggest… none of your “problems” are 343s fault.

Me downloading stuff is my fault, yes. But 343 making sure Halo 5 is mostly 100% downloadable content only, unlike other Halo games, is a joke.

Everything should be on the disc, all game types, including forge, without using extra GB. But it’s not. That’s my point. It’s all online access only. See?

OP your not very intelligent. All other Halos made you pay for DLC, H5 343 is offering all DLC free as to not divide players who have and don’t have (DLC). If it isn’t worth 120 dollars to you to unplug you Xbox take it somewhere with a free internet connection and download the update, then it seems you must have a money tree growing in your backyard, and in that case why complain. As stated above this is the cheapest halo since Halo :CE. And the installation prices for broadband and monthly service are very inaccurate screenshot a quote. And if you respond to this message I will know that your paying overage charges until months end lol.

> 2535418262439483;16:
> OP your not very intelligent. All other Halos made you pay for DLC, H5 343 is offering all DLC free as to not divide players who have and don’t have (DLC). If it isn’t worth 120 dollars to you to unplug you Xbox take it somewhere with a free internet connection and download the update, then it seems you must have a money tree growing in your backyard, and in that case why complain. As stated above this is the cheapest halo since Halo :CE. And the installation prices for broadband and monthly service are very inaccurate screenshot a quote. And if you respond to this message I will know that your paying overage charges until months end lol.

I’ve never downloaded DLC expansions for other Halo games. Just stuck with original. Game types were never downloaded… Until Halo 5

> 2535414369351666;12:
> > 2810058517507654;10:
> > You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.
>
>
> Are you saying I would have to literally unplug my Xbox, bring it to a free wifi location (possible) just to install the latest update? (Because literally it won’t let you play online unless you do), or maybe I should spend $700 for NBN broadband to be installed At home, then pay $200 a month… That’s why I use a phone. Plus I’m not 100% sure how much GB big team battle was, but it wasn’t revealed on the apps or menu how much it actually was

Yes, he is saying do what you need to do to solve your problem. God forbid he gave you a good solution eh? I felt bad until i read that comment.

> 2535414369351666;12:
> > 2810058517507654;10:
>
>

Unless you want to spend another $100+ on the next update in December, which I’m guessing will be even bigger because forge.

> 2535414369351666;15:
> > 2533274816788253;14:
> > > 2535414369351666;12:
> > > > 2810058517507654;10:
> > > > You do have the option of going to an internet cafe, library, friends house or essentially anywhere that has Free Wifi to download your updates. Honestly there isnt anyone to blame but yourself for downloading 10GBs worth of data(which according to you is an entire months worth of data) over mobile. You’re lucky you dont have a gaming PC because if you did, then the games autoupdate most of the time. Mortal Kombat X updated the same 60GB update for 2 weeks straight back to back on Steam.
> > >
> > >
> > > Are you saying I would have to literally unplug my Xbox, bring it to a free wifi location (possible) just to install the latest update? (Because literally it won’t let you play online unless you do), or maybe I should spend $700 for NBN broadband to be installed At home, then pay $200 a month… That’s why I use a phone. Plus I’m not 100% sure how much GB big team battle was, but it wasn’t revealed on the apps or menu how much it actually was
> >
> >
> > Yes you should do as Haloboi suggest… none of your “problems” are 343s fault.
>
>
> Me downloading stuff is my fault, yes. But 343 making sure Halo 5 is mostly 100% downloadable content only, unlike other Halo games, is a joke.
>
> Everything should be on the disc, all game types, including forge, without using extra GB. But it’s not. That’s my point. It’s all online access only. See?

Yeah I see… but it was well known what was going to be on the game when released. It was well known other stuff would be released later. You have only three choices take your Xbox to the internet, buy a real internet connection(which BTW my internet, tv, and phone is $200 a month and I say worth it as it is my entertainment for the majority of the month) or just keep using your phone and paying as you go. They aren’t going to release disc for the updates.