backwards compatibility

As on the BC voting page halo reach is 4th on the list with over 43,000 votes and i think its defiantly going to be added in the update this fall and so since i sold my 360 and deleted all my downloaded games i had halo reach as a downloaded game could i still re-download it as the digital version from when it was free or do i have to buy the disc again even though on the page it says play disc based or digital based so could i just re-download reach if its added to the update

As long as you have the digital version on your account (whether you bought it or got it free on Games with Gold), you will be able to download it from the store and play on your X1 as soon as it becomes available. If you had only ever bought the disc version and didn’t have the disc anymore, you would have to buy Reach digitally before you could play it. If I undestand correctly you got the free version of Reach from Games with Gold, so yes you’ll be able to download and play Reach once it is added to the Backwards Compatibility list :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;2:
> As long as you have the digital version on your account (whether you bought it or got it free on Games with Gold), you will be able to download it from the store and play on your X1 as soon as it becomes available. If you had only ever bought the disc version and didn’t have the disc anymore, you would have to buy Reach digitally before you could play it. If I undestand correctly you got the free version of Reach from Games with Gold, so yes you’ll be able to download and play Reach once it is added to the Backwards Compatibility list :slight_smile:

Alright thx :slight_smile: i loved reach and cant wait to play it again and do custom games like back in the old days with reach and cant wait to do my machinima in it to i cant wait to Re-download it :slight_smile:

and when the 360 servers get shut down can we still play Xbox live on the 360 games still cause that would just be a waste of time for Microsoft to do this if the servers get shut down for the 360 and we cant play 360 games on live so will we be able to play 360 games on live still when that happens cause my friend said the servers shut down somewhere in 2016 and i was curious about it

There is no word on servers being shut down. Your friend believed a rumor

> 2533274794224435;5:
> There is no word on servers being shut down. Your friend believed a rumor

umm no he didn’t he saw Microsoft say it on a video or whatever

Edit: found something
“We’re going to continue to invest in Xbox 360, and the two devices can work in concert. So it’s not like the day we ship Xbox One your 360 won’t work. We’ll continue to support it.” If Xbox 360 does last another three years, Microsoft will phase it out in 2016 - what amounts to an impressive 11-year lifecycle.Sep 4, 2013
and ive just found alot of stuff saying that the 360 servers will shut down sometime next year

plus i just found a bunch of videos on youtube look up xbox 360 server shut down in 2016

“Phasing it out” and “dropping support” doesn’t mean shutting down the servers. The original Xbox was phased out in 07, but the servers were active until early 2010. When MS says they are no longer supporting the Xbox 360 this means that they will no longer provide technical support to the console and no more new games will be published.

> 2533274823890156;7:
> “Phasing it out” and “dropping support” doesn’t mean shutting down the servers. The original Xbox was phased out in 07, but the servers were active until early 2010. When MS says they are no longer supporting the Xbox 360 this means that they will no longer provide technical support to the console and no more new games will be published.

ohhhhhhhh but ive seen videos saying there shutting it down

Until Microsoft actually make a press release and actually state they are shutting down access to live on the 360, don’t believe what youtube tells you :wink: They are still actively selling the 360, so to shut it down next year wouldn’t make much sense. It will be around for the next few years at least.

Lol I kinda answerd my own question about my digital reach showing up this fall if it gets added. Because I remember this game BATTLEBLOCK THEATER it just showed up in my ready to install with a 360 logo oh why did I test out that game when it was free to see if I liked it now I need to try it for the preview program and the evil within