Backwards Compatibility Question

As I’m sure most of you are aware, Halo CEA, 3, 3: ODST, and 4 will be made backwards compatible soon.
In the update description, it describes how you can either “purchase a copy” or “pop in your original disk.”
Does this mean that those who have purchased the title on the XBL marketplace will have to purchase it for a second time?
I, for one, always digitally download my titles, so does this mean I’ll have to buy the game again?

You shouldn’t have to repurchase it if you already own it digitally. I think that’s how Reach worked when it was added to the backwards compatibility program.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> You shouldn’t have to repurchase it if you already own it digitally. I think that’s how Reach worked when it was added to the backwards compatibility program.

Great, thanks. It’s also how it worked with any other back compat game (like GTA IV), but it wasn’t mentioned in the article, which concerned me.

Have they confirmed CEA will be added to digital download? It’s currently not. I assume it will, but just wondering.

Is Halo 3 remastered coming?

> 2533274904953177;5:
> Is Halo 3 remastered coming?

No only the backwards compatible version

> 2533274883669557;4:
> Have they confirmed CEA will be added to digital download? It’s currently not. I assume it will, but just wondering.

Man I really hope it becomes a digital download also! Currently my Halo CEA disc is cracked and I’ve only gotten it to work once out the 3 years its been cracked. Also I would prefer to by it digitally at this point!

No you shouldn’t have to repurchase the games if you have them downloaded digitally. When Reach came out backwards compatible I didn’t have to pop in a disc for it.