Backing up old recordings

My friend and I played a ton of Halo 4 online back when it first dropped. We also saved a ton of videos and clips that are still on his Xbox 360.

At the time, the online was supposed to let you upload your videos to Waypoint (and, supposedly, save them to your computer). We never got this to work. It would upload our clips but we couldn’t even watch them on the website.

How would I go about retrieving those video files? We want to preserve some of those memories. I believe he has a hard drive transfer cable, and if not they’re still available on Amazon. Would that help us at all? Using one of those, are we able to retrieve the raw video files ourselves?

We can, of course, still watch them from within Halo 4 on the console itself, but this is not ideal.

Thank you in advance for any replies and/or aid in this matter.

> 2533274892358544;1:
> My friend and I played a ton of Halo 4 online back when it first dropped. We also saved a ton of videos and clips that are still on his Xbox 360.
>
> At the time, the online was supposed to let you upload your videos to Waypoint (and, supposedly, save them to your computer). We never got this to work. It would upload our clips but we couldn’t even watch them on the website.
>
> How would I go about retrieving those video files? We want to preserve some of those memories. I believe he has a hard drive transfer cable, and if not they’re still available on Amazon. Would that help us at all? Using one of those, are we able to retrieve the raw video files ourselves?
>
> We can, of course, still watch them from within Halo 4 on the console itself, but this is not ideal.
>
> Thank you in advance for any replies and/or aid in this matter.

If you have an Xbox One and install Halo 4 on it, those files will be available on the Xbox One if you upload them to the cloud on the 360. Hopefully this helps. If not, I’m sure there are other methods for recovery.