Back out lobby

Please 343 remove the ability to back out of a lobby while voting for a gametype, or at least let it count as a lost game for the people who back out.

It wasnt in Halo 3 or Reach and there where way less DNFs than in Halo 4.
It completly ruins the competitive and CSR, if some players always quit out of the lobby and just play against very bad players.

Yesterday there was a team of 8 skilled players that quit out of the lobby against us just to hold their K/D and win rate.

And that is just sad. I think its not a big deal to fix this.

I hope one of you reads this post and think about it.

I really enjoy Halo 4 and i think its way better than reach, but the lobby back outs have to stop, it ruins the competitive Halo.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.

StarkLambo

> Please 343 remove the ability to back out of a lobby while voting for a gametype, or at least let it count as a lost game for the people who back out.
>
> It wasnt in Halo 3 or Reach and there where way less DNFs than in Halo 4.
> It completly ruins the competitive and CSR, if some players always quit out of the lobby and just play against very bad players.
>
> Yesterday there was a team of 8 skilled players that quit out of the lobby against us just to hold their K/D and win rate.
>
> And that is just sad. I think its not a big deal to fix this.
>
> I hope one of you reads this post and think about it.
>
> I really enjoy Halo 4 and i think its way better than reach, but the lobby back outs have to stop, it ruins the competitive Halo.
>
> Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english.
>
> StarkLambo

I agree. CSR is pointless now, especially in team playlists. It’s hard ranking up as is and with teams always backing out, we get level-locked.

We match good people and they back out.
We match bad people and we dont rank up when we slaughter them. So how are we supposed to play “higher-ranked” players if they just leave when they see a challenge?

I agree, get rid of it. And if they dashboard it counts as a quit so they get closer to a quit ban and it affects their CSR.

Maybe some people dont want to play terrible maps? I know I dont want to keep playing settler or these other limited forge maps 24/7.

Backing out of lobbies is the only way I can avoid foreign host, since I can’t filter the searching in Halo 4. If I don’t check the hosts gamercard for their location, I basically just play teleport slayer 3/4’s of the time.

As I said, it wasnt necessary in other Halos.
In Halo 3 you had the choice between 2 maps, and then you had to live with it, like in the most online games.

@Cheese Potatoe

Then you should buy a better internet connection or live with the others host. I never (yes really NEVER) have host because I am from Europe. But I play the game also with a bad Host.

I got my 2.58 K/D without backing out or having host.

Maybe they should do special playlist where u cant back out. (Like Ranked in Halo 3)

The normal or bad player maybe dont care about it, but for the skilled Halo player that plays with his team its terrible.

I know a special player that is on the top 20 on Halotracker because he is backing out every time he meets good people.

Isnt that kind of ridiculus?

> @Cheese Potatoe
>
> Then you should buy a better internet connection or live with the others host. I never (yes really NEVER) have host because I am from Europe. But I play the game also with a bad Host.

Well you say that but the extent of laggy matches I had in Halo 3 or Reach are nowhere near to how bad it is for me in Halo 4. At least I could actually play Halo 3/Reach for more than a week before getting so sick of it I can’t play it for a month or two. And I never have host either because I am from Australia. If I wanted to play teleport slayer, I’d download the Harvest Teleport slayer gametype.

I’m up for this as long as they remove Lightning flag from action sack.

We don’t need another slayer gametype that is more lethal then swat.

Sorry but when my choices in BTB are MELTDOWN/VORTEX/MELTDOWN I back the hell out!

So I read that you cant back out fo the lobby at the Halo 4 FFA championship.

So it is easy to do.

Now PLEASE 343 put it in every playlist, so that the matches in the future will be much more fair.

It’s so sad and true that people “Back out” all the time just in CTF yesterday I was searching with a full party of 5 so finding full party’s and 5 or 6 games in a row all 5 people just left before the game even started just so they wouldn’t lose or die more then 5 times …

CSR is even less impressive as people just back out until they match weaker players and don’t have a possibility of losing / in order for people to take Halo 4 MM and CSR seriously this “glitch” needs to be removed
As you have done with the new slayer game type coming out soon…

Please and Thx

> Backing out of lobbies is the only way I can avoid foreign host, since I can’t filter the searching in Halo 4. If I don’t check the hosts gamercard for their location, I basically just play teleport slayer 3/4’s of the time.

I will agree that search option should be added .
But you shouldn’t not play a game just because u didn’t get the map u wanted or the host from next door - you just play and hope for the best like everyone else .

> I will agree that search option should be added .
> But you shouldn’t not play a game just because u didn’t get the map u wanted or the host from next door - you just play and hope for the best like everyone else .

I can understand how it can be annoying for the team mates I am abandoning, but it’s more annoying for me, because if I don’t do it, I can’t play. If I just let it search and put me into any match, I can bet money on it playing like a damn slideshow. So since there is no other option, it’s what I have to do unfortunately, whether I like it or not.

Then go in the game, try, and if its really that unplayable you can quit and lose like a man. Its just a videogame.

@ FUNZBOB

I bet it was that Italian player (I dont want to name his GT) that is very high on HTR :wink:

He was backing out against us like 30 times in CTF. What a shame.

To be somewhat fair, quite a few people I know back out simply due to the poor host a game has (yes you can tell!)

I myself only back out on occassions when the host is absolutely horrible (AKA from Mexico, Japan or U.S sometimes). I don’t like it, but its not going to be fun playing the game when it takes over a minute for the votes to register…

If they fixed the netcoding and host selection for this game, they’d have a bigger population and a lot less people would be backing out…

> > I will agree that search option should be added .
> > But you shouldn’t not play a game just because u didn’t get the map u wanted or the host from next door - you just play and hope for the best like everyone else .
>
> I can understand how it can be annoying for the team mates I am abandoning, but it’s more annoying for me, because if I don’t do it, I can’t play. If I just let it search and put me into any match, I can bet money on it playing like a damn slideshow. So since there is no other option, it’s what I have to do unfortunately, whether I like it or not.

If everyone did what you did we would never have full games of any kind
sure the host isn’t perfect
sure you didn’t get the map you wanted
sure u have bad team mates
nothing is ever perfect

suck it up and play the game like everyone else or get at least get a lose if u quit out/back out

> Then go in the game, try, and if its really that unplayable you can quit and lose like a man. Its just a videogame.
>
> @ FUNZBOB
>
> I bet it was that Italian player (I dont want to name his GT) that is very high on HTR :wink:
>
> He was backing out against us like 30 times in CTF. What a shame.

I’m not sure what the tags were, but it doesn’t just happen in CTF its in well every playlist and its all kinds of different players from the “TRYHARDS” to the HOW Do I shot this gun kids -

If was to back out like most of these people i would have a 100% Win rate in every playlist and CSR 50s in each with a KD of 10+

  • minus the DNF GLITCH’S that some how still count as a loss -

Quote:
There will be no map voting in the playlist. Once you search and find a match, a map will be auto-selected and a three-second countdown will begin, during which players will not be able to leave or “back out.” Leaving the lobby or game through any method after this point will be counted as a Quit.
After the game concludes, you’ll have an opportunity to view your post-game stats, and then you’ll be returned to the War Games Lobby rather than another searching phase. This will ensure that players do not accidentally hop straight into another game. To hop back in, simply search the playlist again.
Join-in-Progress is disabled.

This is how halo 4 matchmaking should have been at launch.
Why are players still allowed to back out of the lobby in order to keep their CSR and K/D ? ( especially in ALL the ranked playlists)
Please 343 remove the ability to back out of a lobby at least in ranked playlists

That doesn’t seem fair to me. What if I just finished a match, saw my XP meter, looked at post game stats and closed the menu to see myself in a pre-game lobby already?

Sometimes you barely have time to leave the next lobby without skipping all the post game menus. If someone votes then leaves lobby I understand that. But being thrown back into a pre-game lobby just as you finished a match wouldn’t be fair.

> That doesn’t seem fair to me. What if I just finished a match, saw my XP meter, looked at post game stats and closed the menu to see myself in a pre-game lobby already?
>
> Sometimes you barely have time to leave the next lobby without skipping all the post game menus. If someone votes then leaves lobby I understand that. But being thrown back into a pre-game lobby just as you finished a match wouldn’t be fair.

<mark>> After the game concludes, you’ll have an opportunity to view your post-game stats, and then you’ll be returned to the War Games Lobby rather than another searching phase. This will ensure that players do not accidentally hop straight into another game. To hop back in, simply search the playlist again.</mark>