Awful Matchmaking / Cheating

Edited by Moderator - Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’m so tired of your poor matchmaking system and your lack of response to Cheating/Tampering/Unsporting Conduct. Please check my file share and watch how this [REDACTED BY MONITOR] fool DRIVES the other team in the Warthog for the duration of the game, spots players on my team for them, and even assists them in scoring. This -Yoink- has been going on for way too long and I’m fed up with it. Match parties of 8 against other parties of 8. And for the love of god, don’t split ONE person from the party of 8 and put them on the other team. This is the result.

And also, the betrayal booting system in this game is COMPLETELY broken.

Welcome to Waypoint =)

Calling out players by name is a no no =(

Halo 4 will be released in a very short time and hopefully solve the booting system problem =D

As far as players, report and move on is the best you can do =/

Report and move on? When a player is actively playing for the other team? That’s your response? Report and move on? He should be BANNED. For a MINIMUM of a week. How you can possibly not take action when I’m providing PROOF that he is playing for the other team is absolutely astounding.

Honestly, I don’t want to hear that -Yoink-. And your lack of response to situations such as this makes me want to quit Halo for good. And I have been a Die Hard fan since Halo CE was released.

One thing I don’t understand is the lack of party restrictions for team gametypes. I once was a lone person matched up with a party of seven in SWAT and when I started to make the other team go too negative my teammates started to take shots on me to weaken me enough that the other team could shoot my foot and I would die. Ridiculous.

> <mark>Report and move on? When a player is actively playing for the other team? That’s your response? Report and move on?</mark> He should be BANNED. For a MINIMUM of a week. How you can possibly not take action when I’m providing PROOF that he is playing for the other team is absolutely astounding.

Yes. That is all you can do, report him, avoid him, and move on.

> Report and move on? When a player is actively playing for the other team? That’s your response? Report and move on? He should be BANNED. For a MINIMUM of a week. How you can possibly not take action when I’m providing PROOF that he is playing for the other team is absolutely astounding.

You haven’t provided proof. It’s your word against his. That isn’t proof.
Report and move on or do nothing. Those are your options. If you want to quit Halo over something as stupid as that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing video games in the first place.

And doing something like that wouldn’t require a weeks ban…that’s just stupid.

When people say Reach was geared towards casuals, allowing party sizes larger than a full team to search, is one of the reasons.

> When people say Reach was geared towards casuals, allowing party sizes larger than a full team to search, is one of the reasons.

Eh, it’s not just large groups that do that though. We picked up a random in Squad DLC (before it was 86’d) from the other team who, for no other reason than he skyjacked my falcon from me, flew my teammates around to kill his.

> > When people say Reach was geared towards casuals, allowing party sizes larger than a full team to search, is one of the reasons.
>
> Eh, it’s not just large groups that do that though. We picked up a random in Squad DLC (before it was 86’d) from the other team who, for no other reason than he skyjacked my falcon from me, flew my teammates around to kill his.

Regardless. The fact that the opposing team can “plant” a player on your team destroys any competitive merit. Especially when that plant is in party chat with the rest of his “team”.

First calm down. Getting upset over stuff like this just lets them win.

> > > When people say Reach was geared towards casuals, allowing party sizes larger than a full team to search, is one of the reasons.
> >
> > Eh, it’s not just large groups that do that though. We picked up a random in Squad DLC (before it was 86’d) from the other team who, for no other reason than he skyjacked my falcon from me, flew my teammates around to kill his.
>
> Regardless. The fact that the opposing team can “plant” a player on your team destroys any competitive merit. Especially when that plant is in party chat with the rest of his “team”.

I don’t mind the “plant” so much. On Sunday I played Multi-Team with my dad and an orange guy( we were green but he was partied up with orange so I guess he is Green/orange) did everything possible to kill us. Well he got my dad, and my dad did not hesitate with the boot option. That troll was gone. Good thing too. We lost because of him: 96-99.

> > > > When people say Reach was geared towards casuals, allowing party sizes larger than a full team to search, is one of the reasons.
> > >
> > > Eh, it’s not just large groups that do that though. We picked up a random in Squad DLC (before it was 86’d) from the other team who, for no other reason than he skyjacked my falcon from me, flew my teammates around to kill his.
> >
> > Regardless. The fact that the opposing team can “plant” a player on your team destroys any competitive merit. Especially when that plant is in party chat with the rest of his “team”.
>
> I don’t mind the “plant” so much. On Sunday I played Multi-Team with my dad and an orange guy( we were green but he was partied up with orange so I guess he is Green/orange) did everything possible to kill us. Well he got my dad, and my dad did not hesitate with the boot option. That troll was gone. Good thing too. We lost because of him: 96-99.

I am glad you were still able to triumph but if there were two equally skilled teams facing off and one team had one of their players working against them then they would lose.

This is not an isolated event. I’m also sick of being shot at every single game that I manage to get the sniper/tank/banshee/whatever first. I’ve played plenty of games where I’ve been betrayed in the first twenty seconds for the sniper rifle and NO boot option is available. Can’t the game detect that I wasn’t even shot by the other team? This kind of thing rarely happened in Halo 3 because Halo 3 had an actual ranking system. I sincerely hope Halo 4 moves back towards that type of matchmaking, as well as improves the betrayal booting system…

And I did provide proof. It’s on my file share. I tried to link it, but it failed. Whatever. I’m over it. It just feels like 343 hasn’t been doing anything about stuff like this.

cue the charlie brown effect…wahh wahh wahh wahh, wahh wahh!

i dont know if you’ve noticed, but 343 kinda has their hands full at the moment with…damn, whatever its called. they do what they can in whatever spare time they have for reach. right now, their priorities lie with that game thats coming out soon. the title is slippin my mind now, apologies.