Awesome True Skill system and...

NOTE: Sorry if my english is bad and please leave feedback. Also For TL:DRs. but out of all seriousness if it is too long to read than go to the True skill part. If you are not going to read the ENTIRE thing than don’t even bother reading it at all…
This will be applied to all ranked playlists.

Ok now I have created a very well ranking system that is the combination of Halo 3’s 1-50 system, Battlefield 3’s assist system, and Reach’s system. But to explain this I need to tell you about this weapon first. The Tacticle Rifle is the new BR/DMR. It has the two firing modes by pressing your D-Pad…So it’s a personal perference thing. In social playlists their will be a your seperate, generic, ranking system like in Reach and COD.

True Skill

At the end of a game your points all add up. Their will still be a 1-100 system, but they will be divided into divsions: Bronze being 0-24, Silver being 25-49, Gold being 50-74, and ONYX being 75-100. You can Derank, but you can only go down to the bottom of your division.If you win you get 2x the points you got.

Kills and Assists
If you kill someone on your own you get 100 points. One ememy is worth 100 point, so if you and a teamate assist each other you share points out of 100 dependeing how much damage you did. Example: You and “Bill” are trying to kill a guy. He does 65% of the damage and you do 35% of the damage, but you finished him off. Now what happens to that 65 points and 35 points will be added up at the end.

Deaths

If you get killed by someone by their on they get 100 and you lose 100. If two different people kill you, you lose 75, 3 people you lose 50 and 4 people you lose 25.

Out BR/DMR’d

If you kill someone with your TR only(No grenades, melees, ect…) you get 200 and they lose 200. Even if they are not using the TR, you still out TR them.

Medals
In stuff like 2x kills and Killing sprees I did not include stuff like triple kills and running riots because I’m sure you can see a patern.

Assist=10
Headshot=25
Snipe=50
Assasination=75
Double Kill=100
Triple Kill=200
Killing Spree=250
Killing Frenzy=500

Machanics
The guns with actually have recoils(All gun will have different amounts of recoil), no bloom, Wayyyyyyy less bullet magnetism, hit box is the same. Halo 3 speed, Halo Reach jump height, Halo 3 bleed through shields, but also Halo Reach’s health. Sniper will have alot of recoil making a truly long range weapon and also giving it a more powerfull fealing. Grenades have a longer fuse time(A little longer than Halo 3) and a bigger radius.

Single shot mode on the TR will take 3 head shots to kill and the single shot mode will take 4 shots to kill. The 3 shot mode will have a slower rate of fire thus making them have even killing times. You need to slightly pace your shots due to recoil or you will get killed.

A new weapon we will have is The Combat rifle. You can easily defeat a person using the TR with it. It is an Automatic weapon with GREAT recoil. If you try spraying at Mid-Long ranges, you will get killed. If you manually try shooting at 3 burst, you will achive your kills. The CR will only spawn on the map. 2-3 per map.

this seems awfluly similar to BF3’s point system in-game,
not that it’s bad, is awesome, but Halo needs it’s own custom XP/point system

and also, i LOL’d at your link for all those TL;DR newbs, nice one

No

> No

Well why not?

> No

Just by reading the first part I know this wouldn’t work.

> > No
>
> Well why not?

Level gain should be on Win/Loss, and you should be able to lose levels.

> > > No
> >
> > Well why not?
>
> Level gain should be on Win/Loss, and you should be able to lose levels.

Read the whole thing and you’ll see man.

> > No
>
> Just by reading the first part I know this wouldn’t work.

Just wondering…Did you even read the whole thing? Also what’s wrong with the first part?

Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.

I like to drive Warthogs. If my gunner goes +50 I’m going to get 0 points under your system.

> Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.

??? Did you not read any of that? 1-100 system is the true skill. You match players by Division

> > Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.
>
> ??? Did you not read any of that? 1-100 system is the true skill. You match players by Division

So then what does your system do? Is it just for progression, like the credit system?

> > > Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.
> >
> > ??? Did you not read any of that? 1-100 system is the true skill. You match players by Division
>
> So then what does your system do? Is it just for progression, like the credit system?

It’s not.

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR. DO NOT POST INSULTS OR FLAME OTHER MEMBERS, AS PER THE WAYPOINT FORUM RULES.

Well…it is jaw dropping…

> Well…it is jaw dropping…

In a bad way?

after the first sentence of the kills and assists i knew i wouldnt like it.

> > > > Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.
> > >
> > > ??? Did you not read any of that? 1-100 system is the true skill. You match players by Division
> >
> > So then what does your system do? Is it just for progression, like the credit system?
>
> It’s not, but hey, if its too long to read for you than here yay go.

I read your entire post you.

What you failed to comprehend in my post was the question of how players are going to be matched under your system.

You never once mentioned if your system is going to be only for the progression part of the ranking system or if you will match players based on your system.

POST EDITED BY MODERATOR. DO NOT BYPASS THE PROFANITY FILTER, AS PER THE WAYPOINT FORUM RULES.

> > > > > Extremely boostable ranking system, with no good criteria to match players. Unless Trueskill is running in the background of all this.
> > > >
> > > > ??? Did you not read any of that? 1-100 system is the true skill. You match players by Division
> > >
> > > So then what does your system do? Is it just for progression, like the credit system?
> >
> > It’s not, but hey, if its too long to read for you than here yay go.
>
> I read your entire post you.
>
> What you failed to comprehend in my post was the question of how players are going to be matched under your system.
>
> You never once mentioned if your system is going to be only for the progression part of the ranking system or if you will match players based on your system.

Players will be matched in ranked playlists based on their division.

I would prefer 1-50

> I would prefer 1-50

Its the same thing, but better?