awesome firefight idea! enter map via ODST drop pod

i came up with this idea in another thread and since others thought it was a good idea I decided to make a thread on this.

now instead of normal firefight spawn you enter the map via ODST pod after you chose your loadout option! now some of you may think “this isnt possible” but it is! the begining cutscene of ODST had you in controll with the HUD on instead of a cutscene, im sure something like that could be made for a map pack.

second thing, the drop is 15 seconds and it only happens the first time a game starts

third, just a idea depending on the map, but if no weapons crates are on the map you would get ammo from your ODST pod.

what do you guys think?

I don’t know exactly what the official Bungie employees think but that has got to be the best idea I’ve ever seen in any of these forums.

I’ve seen that idea, or ones very similar floating around for a long time now. No doubt it would be awesome, but for whatver reason they have chosen not to implement it. Then Section 8 decided they would try and it did provide a very coool and unique spawning experience.

Well if you remember Bungie had this idea for Firefight back in ODST in Bip Bap Bam ViDoc, Sgt. Johnson dropped in a pod but I guess they removed it due to people wanting to get to the action right then and there, not be stuck in a drop pod without being able to move for 1 minute. They wanted to be stuck in a pod, play the first mission. Still might be nice but I think Bungie got there before you did pal.

I posted that idea last night, although i’m not taking credit for it at all after seeing bungie had the idea first. But it would be very cool see it play it out in-game.

> Well if you remember Bungie had this idea for Firefight back in ODST in Bip Bap Bam ViDoc, Sgt. Johnson dropped in a pod but I guess they removed it due to people wanting to get to the action right then and there, not be stuck in a drop pod without being able to move for 1 minute. They wanted to be stuck in a pod, play the first mission. Still might be nice but I think Bungie got there before you did pal.

well it wouldnt have to be that long, you remember how close graphton was in tip of the spear? we could just deploy from a ship like that in about the same orbit height. it would take about 6 or 7 seconds to go down.

in fact that could be the firefight map, a location in the mission tip of the spear we didnt get to see

I remember reading an idea similar to this in the ODST forum before the game was released. I would like this feature so long as the drop pod spawn was limited to only the initial spawn. Because otherwise it would be kind of annoying and lose its appeal quickly if it were to happen every single time someone spawned.

I’m game for a mode where my death cam is replaced by an orbital drop pod sequence that shoots me onto the field with my ability to control its landing somewhat. I am thinking of splattering someone for vengeance. As well as MoH: Airborne. I loved the aiming (for genre-specific) and spawn systems in that game. I don’t need it full time, but part-time. Hells ya we be Helljumping.

Would work in a level as a midsection complete 180’ feel. More less think of experiencing the transition from the Pillar to the surface of Halo is it was done completely by FPS and drop pod instead of a Bumblebee and a cutscene? Going from those cramp and old-school corridors of the Pillar to experiencing a literal dropping into the first gates of Hell, followed by recovering from a slight shock that has your blurred vision come into focus to see the blast-pins and some bright green grass. After popping the hatch, you step out into and experience Halo and its new, alien and large existence.

Just saying, it’s cool re-imagining for me. :smiley: Always did love the moment that lead up to and including “Can you be any more loud?”

> I remember reading an idea similar to this in the ODST forum before the game was released. I would like this feature so long as the drop pod spawn was limited to only the initial spawn. Because otherwise it would be kind of annoying and lose its appeal quickly if it were to happen every single time someone spawned.

just as feedback what if it was every other time somebody died?

> > I remember reading an idea similar to this in the ODST forum before the game was released. I would like this feature so long as the drop pod spawn was limited to only the initial spawn. Because otherwise it would be kind of annoying and lose its appeal quickly if it were to happen every single time someone spawned.
>
> just as feedback what if it was every other time somebody died?

Still a little much. One and done kind of deal.

I think it was a great idea. I’m behind you 100%

> > > I remember reading an idea similar to this in the ODST forum before the game was released. I would like this feature so long as the drop pod spawn was limited to only the initial spawn. Because otherwise it would be kind of annoying and lose its appeal quickly if it were to happen every single time someone spawned.
> >
> > just as feedback what if it was every other time somebody died?
>
> Still a little much. One and done kind of deal.

okey im going to update the OP than to change it to 1 first drop that takes 15 seconds

OnT:
If you want top try and “hot drop” into combat, either pick up Section 8 for 360, or wait a few more weeks until Section 8: Prejudice is released on Live Arcade. 1200MS points, dedicated servers, 32 players + bots, online + firefight (ODST-style).
Best part is that when you die you respawn in a dropship 3000m up and get to hotdrop into the battlefield and can in real time adjust your patch to land in a good spot, or on an enemy. Would be a great addition for an ODST 2.
Well worth checking out Prejudice while waiting :wink:

There is a great thread on the subject of an ODST 2 at the ODST forums a Bungie, check it out :slight_smile:
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57260764&postRepeater1-p=1

> OnT:
> If you want top try and “hot drop” into combat, either pick up Section 8 for 360, or wait a few more weeks until Section 8: Prejudice is released on Live Arcade. 1200MS points, dedicated servers, 32 players + bots, online + firefight (ODST-style).
> Best part is that when you die you respawn in a dropship 3000m up and get to hotdrop into the battlefield and can in real time adjust your patch to land in a good spot, or on an enemy. Would be a great addition for an ODST 2.
> Well worth checking out Prejudice while waiting :wink:
>
> There is a great thread on the subject of an ODST 2 at the ODST forums a Bungie, check it out :slight_smile:
> http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=57260764&postRepeater1-p=1

no i want to hot drop into combat in reach though, it would be awesome to enter map via drop pod, not to mention make firefight more impressive.

hot dropng via a ODST pod is one way to make firefight more interesting. you could also get droped off by a pelican at a firefight location.

right now though useing a ODST pod would be awesome. as for the subject of a seconds ODST game i think that would be a good idea for reach, or since the battle of reach in fall of reach is not canon a game based on what MC did on reach

It would be cool in multiplayer as well, just look at Section 8.

Are you talking about how you enter the arena in Section 8? If you were than this would be epic !