Awakening the Nightmare story discussion, spoilers

I have just been thinking about the grander story in AtN, and one thing bothers me, obviously AtN will take place months after the regular games events (Halo leaving, Decimus dying etc.), especially the enduring conviction being shot down by Jerome and Isabel, yet, in the AtN screenshots and gameplay from the campaign, we see some sort of 8 glassing beam attack, where is this coming from? The only option would be that the banished got a new carrier/capital ship. If so, will shipmaster still be relevant?

Yes, it’s been confirmed that Shipmaster Let Vo’lir has been relieved of his duties and is being removed from the game when AtN drops.

Colony made that long range psychic transmission to ask for a ship, the Sphere of Tranquility. Rendering Let irrelevant (to be brutally honest they just didn’t know how to balance his leader powers).

But don’t worry, they’re adding him back when they release their “under the curtain” season pass DLC Operation Spheretaker after AtN in which Shipmaster and an Elite team of ADDS (Atmospherical Descent Distress Soldiers) board and seize the new ship.

I’ve always been a bit puzzled about this one. I don’t mind any orbital leader powers In Multiplayer because that isn’t Canon. In the Campaign though they seem to confirm that the Enduring Conviction was the only means if interstellar transport to the Ark.

But I remember reading somewhere that Atriox has a fleet of ships.

So if the above is true there is the following explanation (sic: guess)

Atriox arrived through a particular portal (Remember the Ark is just on the fringe/outside the Milky Way which is a long way, only a hop, skip and a several billion mile jump) and the Enduring Conviction was the only ship rated for a traditional slipspace jump of that magnitude. The other ships he has are also trapped but have conventional glassing beams. He hasn’t attacked the Spirit of Fire because he doesn’t want to risk the loss of any other ships.

The reason why he didn’t use the ship in Spearbreaker for a distress call is because even by Forerunner standards it would have taken a very long time to even get to the Orion Arm where most life is. It would have been better to destroy the Spirit of Fire to end the contesting of the Ark then risk further losses or extinction via Guerilla Warfare

> 2535442049958719;3:
> I’ve always been a bit puzzled about this one. I don’t mind any orbital leader powers In Multiplayer because that isn’t Canon. In the Campaign though they seem to confirm that the Enduring Conviction was the only means if interstellar transport to the Ark.
>
> But I remember reading somewhere that Atriox has a fleet of ships.
>
> So if the above is true there is the following explanation (sic: guess)
>
> Atriox arrived through a particular portal (Remember the Ark is just on the fringe/outside the Milky Way which is a long way, only a hop, skip and a several billion mile jump) and the Enduring Conviction was the only ship rated for a traditional slipspace jump of that magnitude. The other ships he has are also trapped but have conventional glassing beams. He hasn’t attacked the Spirit of Fire because he doesn’t want to risk the loss of any other ships.
>
> The reason why he didn’t use the ship in Spearbreaker for a distress call is because even by Forerunner standards it would have taken a very long time to even get to the Orion Arm where most life is. It would have been better to destroy the Spirit of Fire to end the contesting of the Ark then risk further losses or extinction via Guerilla Warfare

What about in spearbreaker when colony uses the hunters brand power. No one gonna question that

> 2533274929118561;4:
> > 2535442049958719;3:
> > I’ve always been a bit puzzled about this one. I don’t mind any orbital leader powers In Multiplayer because that isn’t Canon. In the Campaign though they seem to confirm that the Enduring Conviction was the only means if interstellar transport to the Ark.
> >
> > But I remember reading somewhere that Atriox has a fleet of ships.
> >
> > So if the above is true there is the following explanation (sic: guess)
> >
> > Atriox arrived through a particular portal (Remember the Ark is just on the fringe/outside the Milky Way which is a long way, only a hop, skip and a several billion mile jump) and the Enduring Conviction was the only ship rated for a traditional slipspace jump of that magnitude. The other ships he has are also trapped but have conventional glassing beams. He hasn’t attacked the Spirit of Fire because he doesn’t want to risk the loss of any other ships.
> >
> > The reason why he didn’t use the ship in Spearbreaker for a distress call is because even by Forerunner standards it would have taken a very long time to even get to the Orion Arm where most life is. It would have been better to destroy the Spirit of Fire to end the contesting of the Ark then risk further losses or extinction via Guerilla Warfare
>
> What about in spearbreaker when colony uses the hunters brand power. No one gonna question that

Snap you are right

> 2533274929118561;4:
> > 2535442049958719;3:
> > I’ve always been a bit puzzled about this one. I don’t mind any orbital leader powers In Multiplayer because that isn’t Canon. In the Campaign though they seem to confirm that the Enduring Conviction was the only means if interstellar transport to the Ark.
> >
> > But I remember reading somewhere that Atriox has a fleet of ships.
> >
> > So if the above is true there is the following explanation (sic: guess)
> >
> > Atriox arrived through a particular portal (Remember the Ark is just on the fringe/outside the Milky Way which is a long way, only a hop, skip and a several billion mile jump) and the Enduring Conviction was the only ship rated for a traditional slipspace jump of that magnitude. The other ships he has are also trapped but have conventional glassing beams. He hasn’t attacked the Spirit of Fire because he doesn’t want to risk the loss of any other ships.
> >
> > The reason why he didn’t use the ship in Spearbreaker for a distress call is because even by Forerunner standards it would have taken a very long time to even get to the Orion Arm where most life is. It would have been better to destroy the Spirit of Fire to end the contesting of the Ark then risk further losses or extinction via Guerilla Warfare
>
> What about in spearbreaker when colony uses the hunters brand power. No one gonna question that

As above, I reckon they have other ships, no reason they can’t configure the beam to work in a specific way.

The Spirit of Fire isn’t gonna get involved in any orbital warfare, it’s not the sort of ship to do so. But it could definitely do some damage with the Smart AI on board plus the weaponry they have which is why I’m guessing Atriox won’t send in, say, a Corvette for example to take it out because he’d lose it unnecessarily. But Atriox knows he has the bigger army, and has a much better chance in Ground Engagements which is why he is keeping the fight there

> 2535442049958719;6:
> > 2533274929118561;4:
> > > 2535442049958719;3:
> > > I’ve always been a bit puzzled about this one. I don’t mind any orbital leader powers In Multiplayer because that isn’t Canon. In the Campaign though they seem to confirm that the Enduring Conviction was the only means if interstellar transport to the Ark.
> > >
> > > But I remember reading somewhere that Atriox has a fleet of ships.
> > >
> > > So if the above is true there is the following explanation (sic: guess)
> > >
> > > Atriox arrived through a particular portal (Remember the Ark is just on the fringe/outside the Milky Way which is a long way, only a hop, skip and a several billion mile jump) and the Enduring Conviction was the only ship rated for a traditional slipspace jump of that magnitude. The other ships he has are also trapped but have conventional glassing beams. He hasn’t attacked the Spirit of Fire because he doesn’t want to risk the loss of any other ships.
> > >
> > > The reason why he didn’t use the ship in Spearbreaker for a distress call is because even by Forerunner standards it would have taken a very long time to even get to the Orion Arm where most life is. It would have been better to destroy the Spirit of Fire to end the contesting of the Ark then risk further losses or extinction via Guerilla Warfare
> >
> > What about in spearbreaker when colony uses the hunters brand power. No one gonna question that
>
> As above, I reckon they have other ships, no reason they can’t configure the beam to work in a specific way.
>
> The Spirit of Fire isn’t gonna get involved in any orbital warfare, it’s not the sort of ship to do so. But it could definitely do some damage with the Smart AI on board plus the weaponry they have which is why I’m guessing Atriox won’t send in, say, a Corvette for example to take it out because he’d lose it unnecessarily. But Atriox knows he has the bigger army, and has a much better chance in Ground Engagements which is why he is keeping the fight there

Well, there’s also the fact that, from what we know, Colony is up to his own things. Which might suggest he came here with his own ship or something hence the hunters brand being like a small eradication, cuz he came here with a smaller battle ship? I don’t know. That’s the best I can think of though for colony at least.

> 2533274885512309;2:
> Yes, it’s been confirmed that Shipmaster Let Vo’lir has been relieved of his duties and is being removed from the game when AtN drops.
>
> Colony made that long range psychic transmission to ask for a ship, the Sphere of Tranquility. Rendering Let irrelevant (to be brutally honest they just didn’t know how to balance his leader powers).
>
> But don’t worry, they’re adding him back when they release their “under the curtain” season pass DLC Operation Spheretaker after AtN in which Shipmaster and an Elite team of ADDS (Atmospherical Descent Distress Soldiers) board and seize the new ship.

This sounds incredibly made up

Last time I asked this, someone just replied “for gameplay purpose”. |-/

> 2533274859484857;8:
> > 2533274885512309;2:
> > Yes, it’s been confirmed that Shipmaster Let Vo’lir has been relieved of his duties and is being removed from the game when AtN drops.
> >
> > Colony made that long range psychic transmission to ask for a ship, the Sphere of Tranquility. Rendering Let irrelevant (to be brutally honest they just didn’t know how to balance his leader powers).
> >
> > But don’t worry, they’re adding him back when they release their “under the curtain” season pass DLC Operation Spheretaker after AtN in which Shipmaster and an Elite team of ADDS (Atmospherical Descent Distress Soldiers) board and seize the new ship.
>
> This sounds incredibly made up

Good observation.