Avoided players?

Why do they continue to show up and become unavoided?

They aren’t magically becoming unavoided but the lack of population means you’re going to run into people you’ve avoided because there simply is no one else.

Happens to me all the time. I just quit avoiding people because it’s pointless.

> They aren’t magically becoming unavoided but the lack of population means you’re going to run into people you’ve avoided because there simply is no one else.
>
> Happens to me all the time. I just quit avoiding people because it’s pointless.

So you’re the reason my Rep is so bad!

They show up as me never avoiding or preferring them.

To me it sounds like the game is offering you a chance to relive the joyful experience of filing a negative player review on the gamertag. Don’t turn fate away!

LMAO

its funny that you mentioned, that. I recently played against players who avoided me, b/c they thought i played cheap. But its true. Even though you avoided them, you’ll still run into them.

The guys I’ve voted down never get un-avoided, I just keep getting put into matches with them.

I’ve avoided a 9 player group in BTB due to their cheating and have played with them a total of 3 times now. Thankfully the last time I played with them there were only 8 of them, but I hate that I keep running into them. Whenever they’re all on, they have a guy on the enemy opposite team who cheats, giving power weapons to his friends and driving them around while denying my team any access to those weapons and vehicles. And of course when you blow up said vehicle, you get booted for killing a teammate, despite the fact that he was driving the enemy around.

Hopefully the population will permit avoidance to work more effectively in Halo 4.

Avoiding players only works when they are playing solo and you are too.
If they play in a party and you dont have everyone in that party avoided as well then you will still get matched with them.
This rule also extends to everyone in your party as well. So if you are playing in a party and someone in your party doesnt have that player avoided as well you may still get matched with them.

This is the reason the system is broken and does not work.

CallingFilly617 If wish i had a something official on this but it is something we have just worked out after many games in Reach. I suppose it worked for us because are are Aussies and always search on good connection. In having a smaller community we often came up against players that we wanted to avoid and we found out kind of by accident that this method worked well. Basically we if avoided one individual in a party we still matched with them but it wasnt until all players in my party avoided all players in the other party that we finally stopped matching with them. The only time we did match with them in the future was when they had a new regular player into their party we hadnt avoided yet. Once we all added them to the avoid list we we not see that party until they got another new player in.

This game we played went on for months and we even had a list of players kicking around our group of friends to avoid should you ever come up against them.

The sad part is that about every 6 months or so you would have to re-avoid them again because the system somehow forgot that we had avoided them in the first place.

This might not work that well in North America because of the numbers you have playing the game but it did work for quite sometime here in Australia.

While back, someone did some experiments which proved the following:

a. Avoiding or preferring a player has no effect on how often you will see them in Matchmaking.

b. A player’s Rep has no effect on how often you will see them in Matchmaking.

c. The number of stars on a person’s Gamer Card increases as they receive more Player Reviews, even if the received reviews are negative.

d. Rep is calculated incorrectly. The Xbox UI claims to track Positive Rep as the percentage of players who have submitted positive reviews or no reviews on you. However, in actuality, Positive Rep consists only of the percentage of players that submit positive reviews on you; players that submit no reviews have no effect on Rep. This therefore throws off the Positive and Negative Rep percentages, and it also means that if your Rep drops too low, it will never return to normal, because you’ll never receive enough positive reviews to counterbalance the negative reviews.

e. Rep is rampantly abused, with people submitting negative reviews that are blatantly false. (For example, avoiding a no-mic player for having a disruptive voice.)

> While back, someone did some experiments which proved the following:
>
> a. Avoiding or preferring a player has no effect on how often you will see them in Matchmaking.
>
> b. A player’s Rep has no effect on how often you will see them in Matchmaking.
>
> c. The number of stars on a person’s Gamer Card increases as they receive more Player Reviews, even if the received reviews are negative.
>
> d. Rep is calculated incorrectly. The Xbox UI claims to track Positive Rep as the percentage of players who have submitted positive reviews or no reviews on you. However, in actuality, Positive Rep consists only of the percentage of players that submit positive reviews on you; players that submit no reviews have no effect on Rep. This therefore throws off the Positive and Negative Rep percentages, and it also means that if your Rep drops too low, it will never return to normal, because you’ll never receive enough positive reviews to counterbalance the negative reviews.
>
> e. Rep is rampantly abused, with people submitting negative reviews that are blatantly false. (For example, avoiding a no-mic player for having a disruptive voice.)

At least they got one thing right. You can only submit reviews for players you’ve actually played with.