Avoid Spoilers:Unfollow halo-related twitter accts

A word of warning to fellow Waypointers out there:

So, in my haste to avoid any and all Halo 5 spoilers, it seems i overlooked a critical source of potential spoilers: TWITTER. I looked at a tweet from @Halo, and i dumbly scrolled down and was exposed to a major spoiler from Halo 5 in a reply to their tweet. Unfortunately there are some -Yoink-bags out there that enjoy spoiling the game for us (he even included the hashtag #sorrynotsorry. What a -Yoinking- -Yoink!-).

Don’t make the same mistake i did! Protect yourselves from spoilers and unfollow any halo-related twitter accounts (mainly @Halo, @Xbox, any Hunt The Truth-related accounts)!

So Sorry bro… :frowning:

> 2533274835229788;1:
> unfollow any halo-related twitter accounts mainly @Halo, @Xbox, any Hunt The Truth-related accounts

If everyone on waypoint listened to you then @halo would loose half of its followers.

It’s possible that some of the things you see aren’t actually spoilers, just people trolling so it’s worth keeping that in mind too. But yeah, if you really want to avoid spoilers then steer clear of comments section, reddit and tweet replies as there is always a strong possibility that something that gets spoiled closer to launch

Those not in the dark shall be taken. Tainted and ruined of their experience. Those wavering between the light and the dark fall at risk. The Taken Experience and his army of Spoiled Comments provoke their light ever stronger as the days get closer to launch … And we are hopeless to stop it. Our guardians, our protectors, the Dark Knights defend those whom haven’t went into the safety of the darkness. The Dark Knights are powerful in their domain but not invincible. When midnight launch arrives, may we give thanks to our Dark Knights, such as snickerdoodle, for the efforts they have made to shield us from the burning light of the Taken Experience.

> 2533274835229788;1:
> A word of warning to fellow Waypointers out there:
>
> So, in my haste to avoid any and all Halo 5 spoilers, it seems i overlooked a critical source of potential spoilers: TWITTER. I looked at a tweet from @Halo, and i dumbly scrolled down and was exposed to a major spoiler from Halo 5 in a reply to their tweet. Unfortunately there are some -Yoink-bags out there that enjoy spoiling the game for us (he even included the hashtag #sorrynotsorry. What a -Yoinking- -Yoink!-).
>
> Don’t make the same mistake i did! Protect yourselves from spoilers and unfollow any halo-related twitter accounts (mainly @Halo, @Xbox, any Hunt The Truth-related accounts)!

I take it that was the reply to the Halo 5 API announcement? Yeah I’m still holding on to the possibility that it’s just a wind up. I looked at the person’s account and he tweeted it again somewhere else and someone replied to him saying it was bait, so maybe it isn’t true.

To be fair you don’t need to unfollow those accounts, but just remember not to look at the comments. I’ve had A LOT of things ruined for me by doing this.

I cannot stand spoilers either. >:(

> 2533274820230754;6:
> > 2533274835229788;1:
> > A word of warning to fellow Waypointers out there:
> >
> > So, in my haste to avoid any and all Halo 5 spoilers, it seems i overlooked a critical source of potential spoilers: TWITTER. I looked at a tweet from @Halo, and i dumbly scrolled down and was exposed to a major spoiler from Halo 5 in a reply to their tweet. Unfortunately there are some -Yoink-bags out there that enjoy spoiling the game for us (he even included the hashtag #sorrynotsorry. What a -Yoinking- -Yoink!-).
> >
> > Don’t make the same mistake i did! Protect yourselves from spoilers and unfollow any halo-related twitter accounts (mainly @Halo, @Xbox, any Hunt The Truth-related accounts)!
>
>
> I take it that was the reply to the Halo 5 API announcement? Yeah I’m still holding on to the possibility that it’s just a wind up. I looked at the person’s account and he tweeted it again somewhere else and someone replied to him saying it was bait, so maybe it isn’t true.

You are correct, i am hoping it’s fake, based on everything we have heard i don’t see that situation being very likely.

> 2533274835229788;9:
> > 2533274820230754;6:
> > > 2533274835229788;1:
> > > A word of warning to fellow Waypointers out there:
> > >
> > > So, in my haste to avoid any and all Halo 5 spoilers, it seems i overlooked a critical source of potential spoilers: TWITTER. I looked at a tweet from @Halo, and i dumbly scrolled down and was exposed to a major spoiler from Halo 5 in a reply to their tweet. Unfortunately there are some -Yoink-bags out there that enjoy spoiling the game for us (he even included the hashtag #sorrynotsorry. What a -Yoinking- -Yoink!-).
> > >
> > > Don’t make the same mistake i did! Protect yourselves from spoilers and unfollow any halo-related twitter accounts (mainly @Halo, @Xbox, any Hunt The Truth-related accounts)!
> >
> >
> > I take it that was the reply to the Halo 5 API announcement? Yeah I’m still holding on to the possibility that it’s just a wind up. I looked at the person’s account and he tweeted it again somewhere else and someone replied to him saying it was bait, so maybe it isn’t true.
>
>
> You are correct, i am hoping it’s fake, based on everything we have heard i don’t see that situation being very likely.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Good tip for twitter is that you can “mute” an account, bit still follow it. Just unmute after launch :slight_smile:

I should just turn off my auto updates on my phone, wasn’t even thinking of my twitter. Good call.

I’m in a dilemma here. After reading the spoiler and being 70% sure it isn’t true, I’m deciding if I want to search for the “spoiler” I read online. If no results show, this means it was false, however it could confirm it for me. At least if I don’t search for it to clear my worries, there’s still the element of shock as I’m not 100% sure but it’s bugging the -Yoink- out of me.