Avoid player

I didn’t do multiplayer in 4, but I remember reach, 3, and I believe 2 having an option to avoid players.

Anyone ever have that one teammate who just really doesn’t contribute, who charges headlong throwing their bodies at the enemy, the one who goes 0 and 32? (No joke, I had a game tonight with one such player.)

Inb4 “play with a team then.” I don’t have people to play with so I have to play solo. Naturally, I get that that means I’ll get stuck with random match-ups – some better than others. But I would love the option to avoid those rare D-bag, team-killing, -Yoink–talking, 0-32 players, rather than matching up with them time and time again, just as I’m sure people would love the option to avoid me when I’m not pulling my own weight.

I’m guessing you also don’t enjoy whooping kids on the opposite team who go 0-32?

just block them and move on - BLOCK, don’t report.

Lol, please. I don’t “whoop” anyone. I am very much average.

And I used to block, until I found that it actually does nothing in halo matchmaking except perma-mute them.

Avoiding players didn’t work either. You’ll just have to get used to having to play with other people and not clones of yourself.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> Avoiding players didn’t work either. You’ll just have to get used to having to play with other people and not clones of yourself.

Instead of that, how about a matchmaking system that actually matches you with people of similar skill. Three games in row now tonight I have been put against players who obviously have superior skills and should never be matched against bad players like me or the other randoms I play with. Matchmaking has never worked properly in any Halo ever. The best game you will ever play is against a clone of yourself. I have played all the Halos and Marathon before that for more than 20 years now. I am bad, have always been bad and will always be bad. In all that time there is no improvement in my game. So why does matchmaking consistently put me with high skill, over achievers who surely get no thrill from beating a gamer as poor as psi5000?

> 2533274869022335;2:
> I’m guessing you also don’t enjoy whooping kids on the opposite team who go 0-32?
>
> just block them and move on - BLOCK, don’t report.

Blocking them doesnt do anything, i’ve definitely blocked a few people for reasons, and i’ve definitely got in games with them again…

> 2533274880633045;4:
> Avoiding players didn’t work either. You’ll just have to get used to having to play with other people and not clones of yourself.

Stormtroopers playing Halo

0-32, yep seen lots of that.

> 2533274813570993;5:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > Avoiding players didn’t work either. You’ll just have to get used to having to play with other people and not clones of yourself.
>
>
> Instead of that, how about a matchmaking system that actually matches you with people of similar skill. Three games in row now tonight I have been put against players who obviously have superior skills and should never be matched against bad players like me or the other randoms I play with. Matchmaking has never worked properly in any Halo ever. The best game you will ever play is against a clone of yourself. I have played all the Halos and Marathon before that for more than 20 years now. I am bad, have always been bad and will always be bad. In all that time there is no improvement in my game. So why does matchmaking consistently put me with high skill, over achievers who surely get no thrill from beating a gamer as poor as psi5000?

Not sure why you chose to resurrect this thread from 3 months ago, but the OP was talking about players on your team. Not the opposing team. People have different play styles and that is a good thing.

To answer your point directly, No I don’t want to play a clone of myself. I want to play someone of approximately equal skill who is going to do knew and unexpected things. If they treat each map the way I do that would get boring pretty quickly. Matchmaking does have issues, but that was irrelevant to the topic.

> 2533274942042829;6:
> > 2533274869022335;2:
> > I’m guessing you also don’t enjoy whooping kids on the opposite team who go 0-32?
> >
> > just block them and move on - BLOCK, don’t report.
>
>
> Blocking them doesnt do anything, i’ve definitely blocked a few people for reasons, and i’ve definitely got in games with them again…

It actually auto mutes them and don’t quote me on it, but I believe it prevents them from sending you messages.