Avoid people you dont want to play with

343 should introduce a system where you can avoid people, and when you avoid them you will never meet them again. The purpose of a ranking system is to meet you with the same skilled players over and over again, so you would obviously meet the same deranker or host booter over and over again too. I myself have met a deranker with over 4000 games and probably 1000 negative exp over 10 times both on my team, and on the other team, so to prevent this i would just avoid him, and he would never be able to destroy for me or other people who avoids him again.

Edit:

> If we make the avoid-cap to 1 week; People can choose to avoid them from 1-7 days, and people cannot avoid more than 50-60 people at the time, and possibly only 10 people each playlist. You will be able to avoid 10 people in 6 different playlist. The 50-60 is at your avoid list, so if you avoided them all on monday, they will be removed from your list next monday. Then we will always keep the game going, and take care of a lot problems at the same time. And if halo 4 will be as good as I think it will be, we will have zero trouble finding players even though 60 of them are gone(10 people in 6 different playlists).

The XBox itself already has this feature. Its in the guide button, I think its called prefer/avoid player. :slight_smile:

> The XBox itself already has this feature. Its in the guide button, I think its called prefer/avoid player. :slight_smile:

I know it is there, but it still teams you up with players you avoid. What it does is that it prefers other people above the people you avoided, but the chance to meet the same person over and over again is still there. Why do you think i have met the same player 10 times? I have avoided other derankers too, but still met them 3 times in a row. 343 should implement a system where it is not possible to meet the guys you avoided for 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month or ever. This is something people would be able to choose for themselves. Halo’s population will eventually filter out the cheaters and derankers without any banhammer.

When there are noobs/jerks in matchmaking,and theyre ranting about how theyre the best or that somebody on the team sucks,I would just shut up or mute them so you don’t become a target.If they really go all the way to make fun of your GT,rank,or profile,go ahead and report them.You can do that.

If that doesn’t work…finish the match knowing that the noob probably has no life if he thinks that being a jerk is cool.

Always do keep in mind that when your in a game with a loud mouth that is bragging about or is being stupid, then the team that person is in will most likely loose the match, or by a small chance, possibly win which is more slimmer…I’ve known this theory myself from back from Halo 2 to now

The problem is, there can’t be an absolute avoid player because otherwise people would abuse it so hard. My opponent went + 14? Avoid! My opponent won most of my duels? Avoid! My opponent won the race to the banshee? Avoid! etc…
Eventually, some people will gather avoid lists of 100’s or 1000’s of players. And this would be especially troublesome in a ranked playist.

At this point your stuck with using the current avoid/prefer player system. It’s still more of a guideline than a rule, but it isn’t a super exploitable system either. And if you still feel you always get matched against the same deranker over and over, you could always try a different playlist for a while.

> The problem is, there can’t be an absolute avoid player because otherwise people would abuse it so hard. My opponent went + 14? Avoid! My opponent won most of my duels? Avoid! My opponent won the race to the banshee? Avoid! etc…
> Eventually, some people will gather avoid lists of 100’s or 1000’s of players. And this would be especially troublesome in a ranked playist.
>
> At this point your stuck with using the current avoid/prefer player system. It’s still more of a guideline than a rule, but it isn’t a super exploitable system either. And if you still feel you always get matched against the same deranker over and over, you could always try a different playlist for a while.

If we make the avoid-cap to 1 week; People can choose to avoid them from 1-7 days, and people cannot avoid for more than 50-60 people at the time, and possibly only 10 people each playlist. You will be able to avoid 10 people in 6 different playlist. The 50-60 is at your avoid list, so if you avoided them all on monday, they will be removed from your list next monday. Then we will always keep the game going, and take care of a lot problems at the same time. And if halo 4 will be as good as I think it will be, we will have zero trouble finding players even though 60 of them are gone.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump your threads.

bumping your thread is against the rules

> bumping your thread is against the rules

What were you doing right now then? Bumping my thread, or talking about my idea, and giving me good or bad critism? I know the rules, but i think this idea is good and deserves some attention.

As previously mentioned, bumping threads is considered spam and not allowed. For clarification on the rules regarding bumping and/or spam, please see the forum rules.