Avoid Feature List for Halo5

The purpose of this thread is to list things that will ruin Halo5 so 343 will avoid them. Please add to my list.

-BPR Rating System like Reach
-Not allowing player(s) to watch films together.
-Invisible 1-50
-No 1-50 at all, too easy of one, or sub par of H2’s color/picture scheme,
-Keeping AA’s like in Reach and H4
-Lack of custom game options
-Lack of menu sound options
-Spending too much time on bulky armor pieces instead of multiplayer itself
-Spending too much time on Firefight or Spartan OPS instead of multiplayer itself
-Gray forge pieces and maps…please suggest Certain Affinity to look at H2 maps
-Sprinkling pine trees with gray maps
-Not having a BR
-Having bloom
-Having a 5 shot BR
-Not adding weather or day/night to spice up Matchmaking
-Not having the core playlists on launch (Doubles, Snipers, Head to Head, Big team objective, etc…)
-Lack of a clan system like in H2
-Not having a social vs. ranked section
-Join in Progress outside of social/custom
-Lack of custom game search filter
-Lack of small competitive maps at launch
-Lack of spectator feature
-Lack of built in live streaming like COD has

But most of the community like the armour and its shouldn’t have any less time spent on it and AAs are fine if they can be balanced
Judging from what else you’ve said Im guessing you want a remake of halo 3. As awesome as it was I dont want halo to go down the cod route of being exactly the same each game.

> But most of the community like the armour and its shouldn’t have any less time spent on it and AAs are fine if they can be balanced
> Judging from what else you’ve said Im guessing you want a remake of halo 3. As awesome as it was I dont want halo to go down the cod route of being exactly the same each game.

But Microsoft wants 343 to have the sales like COD. 343 should strive to make a better Halo3 not just remake it. Halo3 lacked many of the features listed above. I would not want Halo2 remade without theater and forge. I want to see creativity and innovation for what the community wants.

> > But most of the community like the armour and its shouldn’t have any less time spent on it and AAs are fine if they can be balanced
> > Judging from what else you’ve said Im guessing you want a remake of halo 3. As awesome as it was I dont want halo to go down the cod route of being exactly the same each game.
>
> But Microsoft wants 343 to have the sales like COD. 343 should strive to make a better Halo3 not just remake it. Halo3 lacked many of the features listed above. I would not want Halo2 remade without theater and forge. I want to see creativity and innovation for what the community wants.

That creativity is the stuff they’ve been adding each game such as AAs, loadouts etc. by making a better halo 3 is exactly like remaking it rather than letting the game evolve as it has

Halo3 would be a different game with night/day feature. It’s like doubling the amount of maps. It had no clans. The 1-50 was too easy compared to Halo2 with no color scheme system involved. Lacked menu sound options. Lack playlist management for the Head to Head playlist. Bungie had Isolation and Epitaph for it instead of community maps.

My list is simple creative stuff. They bring in armor abilities which are hard to balance. I feel like they are missing the small things that will make the next Halo a success.

Well… Xbox One has built-in Twitch.tv so that takes care of one problem.

> Halo3 would be a different game with night/day feature. It’s like doubling the amount of maps. It had no clans. The 1-50 was too easy compared to Halo2 with no color scheme system involved. Lacked menu sound options. Lack playlist management for the Head to Head playlist. Bungie had Isolation and Epitaph for it instead of community maps.
>
> My list is simple creative stuff. They bring in armor abilities which are hard to balance. I feel like they are missing the small things that will make the next Halo a success.

Im all for bringing stuff back just dont remove stuff when it can be made to work

I think they should move rather than remove. If they put AA’s in social and customs it could tested until balanced for ranked games. Throwing it in everywhere like in H4 was a complete fail. Of course this requires ranked and social playlists again with ranks. If they chose to have (1) classic social playlist without these features I will **** myself. Another big fail.

> I think they should move rather than remove. If they put it social and customs it could tested until balanced for ranked games. Throwing it in everywhere like in H4 was a complete fail. Of course this requires ranked and social playlists again with ranks. If they chose to have (1) classic playlist without these features I will **** myself.

AAs are easy to balance and the other people in the community besides myself have all come up with ways to balance each of them

AC: make it like the arbiters camo in halo 2 where it was exactly like the power up but as an AA without it being different

PV: I have no problem with this but some people want the time reduced so why not

Jetpack: this is the only AA I hate would be better of as a jump pack

AL: reduce the time to 2 seconds and this will allow for its proper use of countering splatters and blows without slowing down gameplay and being used how it was intended

DS: make it so the shield can be destroyed when damaged and remove it healing ability since we have the regen field

SG: just make the sentry a little more powerful

All the rest are fine IMO and they might work for both social and competitive, thats not to say I dont enjoy the old gameplay I like the likes of slayer pro etc. and would like it to be at least one of the vote options always

I agree with your list. Twould definitely improve the next Halo game if your recommendations were followed.

> I agree with your list. Twould definitely improve the next Halo game if your recommendations were followed.

Thanks.

If 343 were to remake H2 I can almost guarantee it will upset a lot of people. All this new generation Halo and tie everything with the campaign has killed the franchise. Just redesigning the maps would upset me. Look at what Bungie did to Ivory Tower btw. Halo multiplayer is meant to be special and different. It should NEVER come up subpar of the campaign, firefight, or spartan ops. 343 spends so much time on content for these other modes. But everyone and their mother only complain about multiplayer. Time to spend the most time on it.

Pretty sure the Xbox One will be able to live stream any game you’re playing on Twitch. One down, many to go.

> > I agree with your list. Twould definitely improve the next Halo game if your recommendations were followed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> If 343 were to remake H2 I can almost guarantee it will upset a lot of people. All this new generation Halo and tie everything with the campaign has killed the franchise. Just redesigning the maps would upset me. Look at what Bungie did to Ivory Tower btw. Halo multiplayer is meant to be special and different. <mark>It should NEVER come up subpar of the campaign, firefight, or spartan ops.</mark> 343 spends so much time on content for these other modes. But everyone and their mother only complain about multiplayer. Time to spend the most time on it.

Well it always has for me and I’d like it to stay that way

Less commendation stuff i belive they want to much just for a armor.

Everything added into Reach and Halo 4 needs to be thrown out.

> > I think they should move rather than remove. If they put it social and customs it could tested until balanced for ranked games. Throwing it in everywhere like in H4 was a complete fail. Of course this requires ranked and social playlists again with ranks. If they chose to have (1) classic playlist without these features I will **** myself.
>
> AAs are easy to balance and the other people in the community besides myself have all come up with ways to balance each of them
>
> AC: make it like the arbiters camo in halo 2 where it was exactly like the power up but as an AA without it being different
>
> PV: I have no problem with this but some people want the time reduced so why not
>
> Jetpack: this is the only AA I hate would be better of as a jump pack
>
> AL: reduce the time to 2 seconds and this will allow for its proper use of countering splatters and blows without slowing down gameplay and being used how it was intended
>
> DS: make it so the shield can be destroyed when damaged and remove it healing ability since we have the regen field
>
> SG: just make the sentry a little more powerful
>
> All the rest are fine IMO and they might work for both social and competitive, thats not to say I dont enjoy the old gameplay I like the likes of slayer pro etc. and would like it to be at least one of the vote options always

I think AA’s should be placed on the map instead of spawning with them. Like equipment in Halo 3.

> AL: reduce the time to 2 seconds and this will allow for its proper use of countering splatters and blows without slowing down gameplay and being used how it was intended

Plus the user shouldn’t be magically planted into the ground, if a large vehicle hits them, they should be moved a bit.

> > AL: reduce the time to 2 seconds and this will allow for its proper use of countering splatters and blows without slowing down gameplay and being used how it was intended
>
> Plus the user shouldn’t be magically planted into the ground, if a large vehicle hits them, they should be moved a bit.

Concussion rifling them over the edge

> The purpose of this thread is to list things that will ruin Halo5 so 343 will avoid them. Please add to my list.
>
>
> -BPR Rating System like Reach
> -<mark>Not allowing player(s) to watch films together.</mark>
> -Invisible 1-50
> -<mark>No 1-50 at all, too easy of one, or sub par of H2’s color/picture scheme,</mark>
> -Keeping AA’s like in Reach and H4
> -<mark>Lack of custom game options</mark>
> <mark>-Lack of menu sound options</mark>
> -Spending too much time on bulky armor pieces instead of multiplayer itself
> -Spending too much time on Firefight or Spartan OPS instead of multiplayer itself
> -Gray forge pieces and maps…please suggest Certain Affinity to look at H2 maps
> -Sprinkling pine trees with gray maps
> -<mark>Not having a BR</mark>
> -Having bloom
> -Having a 5 shot BR
> -<mark>Not adding weather or day/night to spice up Matchmaking</mark>
> <mark>-Not having the core playlists on launch (Doubles, Snipers, Head to Head, Big team objective, etc…)</mark>
> -<mark>Lack of a clan system like in H2</mark>
> <mark>-Not having a social vs. ranked section</mark>
> -Join in Progress outside of social/custom
> <mark>-Lack of custom game search filter</mark>
> <mark>-Lack of small competitive maps at launch</mark>
> <mark>-Lack of spectator feature</mark>
> <mark>-Lack of built in live streaming like COD has</mark>

Your “avoid list” kind of beats the point when half of it is “avoid the lack of ___”. This might as well have been a wish list, don’t you think?