Avery Johnson

He somehow survived CE somehow and appeared in Halo 2, who wants to see him survive Halo 3 and appear in Halo 4. I would, Halo is not the same without him.

In a way that’s true but yea idk about bring him back is in canon ?

Halo CE’s Legendary ending with Sgt Johnson was just a joke. It’s not actually part of the story.

Read the book “First Strike”. Sgt Johnson escapes Alpha Halo’s destruction on a Pelican along with a few others. They meet up with the Chief and Cortana and highjack a Covenant Super Carrier. The eventually get back to Earth.

Sgt Johnson is dead.

Halo CE Legendary ending =/= canon. One of the books actually tells what happens to him. Might be First Strike?

Edit: ^^^^ What they said.

I wouldn’t mind if they broke canon to make Johnson come back, it would be forgiveable by my standards :slight_smile:

Using remains found at the site of the slipspace explosion left behind by the arc, top ONI scientists have rebuilt Sgt. Johnson from the wreckage and replaced what was lost with robotic appendages. He is now CYBORG JOHNSON. And he is 10x stronger than Master Chief.

Sgt. Johnson is dead, and I feel they ended him a good way. Bringing him back would just… ruin it for me.

I suppose he could make a cameo of sorts as a monitor, should that sort of thing come into play (If you don’t understand, read the books). Otherwise I think it’d be a bit silly.

> I wouldn’t mind if they broke canon to make Johnson come back, it would be forgiveable by my standards :slight_smile:

No, it wouldn’t. It would be severely insulting to the story and to us who actually care about the canon. Halo has enough canonical inconsistencies. You’re probably joking, but still.

> I suppose he could make a cameo of sorts as a monitor, should that sort of thing come into play (If you don’t understand, read the books). Otherwise I think it’d be a bit silly.

You read the books…clearly. Once dead, you cannot be put in a Monitor.

> > I suppose he could make a cameo of sorts as a monitor, should that sort of thing come into play (If you don’t understand, read the books). Otherwise I think it’d be a bit silly.
>
> You read the books…clearly. Once dead, you cannot be put in a Monitor.

As far as we know. The series has so many odd plot lines it’d hardly be infeasible.

He got fried by the floating light bulb and was left on a halo ring which blew up. He’s dead. And no, he was not on the first Halo when it blew up because he was alive and escaped.

Johnnson is dead. He died by 343 Guilty Spark, Master Chief saw him die and, when John activated the Installation 04 (ll) the place was falling down and Johnnson got zero chances of surviving.

In CE it was just for laughs. But in Halo 3 he kinda died for serious. Halo 4 won’t have a Johnson.

I propose an Easter egg.

> He got fried by the floating light bulb and was left on a halo ring which blew up. He’s dead. And no, he was not on the first Halo when it blew up because he was alive and escaped.

Avery Returns and meets Chief.

Gets asked about how he made it out the area and survived.

Avery response again: That is classified.

He’s dead. DEAD.

> As far as we know. The series has so many odd plot lines it’d hardly be infeasible.

No, it’s quite clear. Genemender, a Forerunner Lifeworker, in Primordium said that the only way to preserve Gamelpar, who was close to death, was to do it then and now because after he died, both he and his geas would be lost and would not be able to be saved.

the real cannon to halo 1 is just jhonson escaping the ring world… i know, not amazing, but you cannot bring a character back to life unless they are infected by the flodd xD
im guessing you wouldn’t want to see your favourite chacter from all those years ago a zombie now would you?

> > > I suppose he could make a cameo of sorts as a monitor, should that sort of thing come into play (If you don’t understand, read the books). Otherwise I think it’d be a bit silly.
> >
> > You read the books…clearly. Once dead, you cannot be put in a Monitor.
>
> As far as we know. The series has so many odd plot lines it’d hardly be infeasible.

Odd plot lines won’t include bringing Johnson back from the dead.

Making him into a Monitor isn’t an option for many reasons.

1. That technology is way beyond the UNSC’s capabilities. Even with the new Forerunner stuff, they still aren’t advanced enough to do this.

2. Johnson is clearly gone. He was critically injured by Spark, were he died in front of the Chief. Then, his body slid off the platform as the Control Room began to collaspe. Then, the ring activated. The ring not only released a pulse that would wipe out the last lsign of life that could have been in him, but tore the ring apart. It wouldn’t be possible for him to survive, and there more than likely wouldn’t even be a trace left of him.

Don’t say cloning. Even though Johnson is important in our eyes, canonically it wouldn’t make sense. Cloning still has many problems, cloning entire humans will result in death of the clone within months. And the UNSC wouldn’t have any reason to clone this particular person… he is just a Marine. Besides, the UNSC is much busier rebuilding, exploiting Covie and Forerunner tech, making a new Spartan progrm, and making sure the species that used to be the Covenant don’t try to bother us. Oh, and insurrectionists seem to be rising again.

But, him returning as an Easter Egg would be awesome. Considering he did say once, “In Halo 4, I get a girl!”. That, would be an awesome easter egg.

> He somehow survived CE somehow and appeared in Halo 2, who wants to see him survive Halo 3 and appear in Halo 4. I would, Halo is not the same without him.

Every one knows you can only bring back one character per new trilogy from the dead and 343 chose guilty spark.