AV-49 rebuild in progress

So… this attack vtol has been brought up once again in last nights canon fodder. (For those unaware, it was originally in the description of the Stinger armor/helmet variant)

So now I am starting to truly believe that we will be seeing this new vehicle very soon.

Even in the Community Update, they spoke about a [REDACTED] that would be coming out with the Firefight update. I would be surprised if that wasn’t the AV-49.

I have a guess that it will be called the Wasp. The armour loading glitch that renames some stuff baddisprops or whatever happened and the stinger armour was called the wasp armour during said glitch.

So far, the AV-49 has been mentioned so far in the description for the Stinger Helmet, which refers to it as an Attack VTOL, and the mention in Canon Fodder that Redacted the “animal” name for the vehicle. Also given a certain Twitter conversation between Grim and my friend MonkeyMoo, I think it’s safe to say that the AV-49 is a brand new UNSC Aircraft coming to either Halo Wars 2 or Halo 5, and if the latter is true, then my prediction about any UNSC Aircraft appearing in Halo 5 having to be completely new would be correct.

Halo Wars 2, I’m just saying… Nothing will come to halo 5, what’s mentioned in the Stinger description is just flavour text.

But this however, might be the thing they’re talking about coming to Halo Wars 2.

What if it’s a UNSC phaeton?

> 2533274824494670;5:
> Halo Wars 2, I’m just saying… Nothing will come to halo 5, what’s mentioned in the Stinger description is just flavour text.
>
> But this however, might be the thing they’re talking about coming to Halo Wars 2.

That’s the AV-30 Kestrel. Already been accounted for. It is, in all likelihood, a brand new vehicle. If anything, we’ll know for sure on Monday.

> 2535442784121843;3:
> I have a guess that it will be called the Wasp. The armour loading glitch that renames some stuff baddisprops or whatever happened and the stinger armour was called the wasp armour during said glitch.

That would make a lot of sense. Hornet and Wasps are really similar, and the armour formally being called Wasp points to that even more. Plus, wasps have stingers, and the armour is called Stinger.

> 2535442784121843;3:
> I have a guess that it will be called the Wasp. The armour loading glitch that renames some stuff baddisprops or whatever happened and the stinger armour was called the wasp armour during said glitch.

Concept art for it called it the Wasp too.
Fits with the UNSC’s theme of animal names too. Updated Hornet, call it a Wasp.

> 2533274847563380;6:
> What if it’s a UNSC phaeton?

A crazy notion…but,you never can tell.

Hopefully this vehicle will debut in Halo 6… Or Halo Wars 2 earliest…

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2535442784121843;3:
> > I have a guess that it will be called the Wasp. The armour loading glitch that renames some stuff baddisprops or whatever happened and the stinger armour was called the wasp armour during said glitch.
>
>
> That would make a lot of sense. Hornet and Wasps are really similar, and the armour formally being called Wasp points to that even more. Plus, wasps have stingers, and the armour is called Stinger.

Yes, I didn’t realise the significance of the choice of the word stinger until you posted this - it’s definitely got to be something like a wasp then.

I started a discussion about this last week, specifically about how it stems from the helmet.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/secret-found-in-stinger-helmet-description/9c563a6b-422d-4ac2-925d-34652bc27998/posts

(Can’t make lazy link as i am not special on here XD)

If the AV-49 should(or ever) come to fruition…could it simply be a bigger,badder Hornet?

I would love to see a UNSC vehicule in Halo 5, but I believe it will be for Halo wars 2 and we all be disappointed :confused:

Halo Wars 2 most likely. which is dissapointing…

It seems that it was implying that info about this craft would be announced in future community updates considering it says rebuild in progress

> 2533274913498763;16:
> Halo Wars 2 most likely. which is dissapointing…

I doubt it. The nightingale is similar to the falcon so it should be a UH- not an AV-