autosentry needs a buff

I’m not saying make it shoot rockets but at least give it some more health. It goes down in like three shots or increase the rate of fire, just something! The campaign autosentry makes the MM one look like YOINK!

It would be cool if it could detect camo. A nice advantage over the other AAs for the so-called worst ability in the game.

Having an offensive armor ability that attacks opponents without player input and has the same behavior irrespective of player skill…

IMO including it in the first place is questionable game design. Make it too useful and you really are undermining player determination. Eliminating the offensive capability and make it something of a sentry would be more balanced imo. Maybe make it so that you deploy it and it adds a second 15 ft radar to your hud or something. Make it information based instead of offensive.

I agree with RavensHalo concern about making the autosentry really good. That would be a disaster worse than the current sentry. But it is without a doubt the worst AA, maybe the Regen is close.

I have a thread on here about this very topic, its called Auto-Sentry and Pulse Grenades or something like that. My suggestion was removing that stupid posture the player makes as he deploys it and to give it 25% more health. They go down really fast and are very weak, I would even speed up their recharge rate a bit to let the player keep them on the map more.

As is there is really no reason to use them. They are close to useless. In all seriousness I have never been worried about an autosentry EVER.

Autosentries are fine as they are in my opinion, they slow enemies down in key points. They’re indispensable in Lockdown, which I’m happy about.

Autosentries can be useful. If you deploy them in a place you know the enemy is going to be, chances are that he’ll be shot by it at least once or twice. That would give you damage advantage, so you only need to shoot him on less time than he needs to shoot you.

I played a game of Infinity Doubles against someone who was really good at using the Autosentry, and I was surprised at how much I hated that AA afterwards–it is basically an extra opponent. I have the choice to either shoot the sentry and get shot at by the player, or shoot the player and get shot at by the sentry.

The only reason they might seem underpowered is that unlike Active Camo and Jet Pack, they require discretion and consideration to use. Active Camo and Jet Pack grant immediate advantages regardless of how they’re used. Autosentry doesn’t.

Ehhh. I just find that very hard to imagine, being warded off by an auto-sentry that is. They go down so very fast with such little power. I used them on Dominion over and over again a few months back. They had moments of funny value, but I imagine if I went against good players it would simply be a waste of an AA.

I would love to see a film of some good players getting fended off by a player and his sentry. Till then I just can’t take these claims of sentries locking down parts of a map.

If you position it right, and especially if there are numerous sentries covering the same area, they can really supplement your gunfire.

> Ehhh. I just find that very hard to imagine, being warded off by an auto-sentry that is. They go down so very fast with such little power. I used them on Dominion over and over again a few months back. They had moments of funny value, but I imagine if I went against good players it would simply be a waste of an AA.
>
> I would love to see a film of some good players getting fended off by a player and his sentry. Till then I just can’t take these claims of sentries locking down parts of a map.

I agree that they’re pretty useless in games with many players. The autosentry’s main benefit is being able to get a split second damage advantage over another player. In games with more than 8 players, I don’t think it’d be that useful because if one enemy takes damage, he can just fall back and let his shields recharge while another player takes his place.

> > Ehhh. I just find that very hard to imagine, being warded off by an auto-sentry that is. They go down so very fast with such little power. I used them on Dominion over and over again a few months back. They had moments of funny value, but I imagine if I went against good players it would simply be a waste of an AA.
> >
> > I would love to see a film of some good players getting fended off by a player and his sentry. Till then I just can’t take these claims of sentries locking down parts of a map.
>
> I agree that they’re pretty useless in games with many players. The autosentry’s main benefit is being able to get a split second damage advantage over another player. In games with more than 8 players, I don’t think it’d be that useful because if one enemy takes damage, he can just fall back and let his shields recharge while another player takes his place.

Which is a niche that I think AS fits nicely into. I would dislike it being more powerful. Right now, it is an AA that is quite useful in certain situations - which means it has a tradeoff. And any AA that shoots your enemies for you should have such a tradeoff.

I personally think it is fine as is.

I have heard so many Halo players call it worthless and a crappy garbage AA, but have also heard many call it OP when I use it against them.

It’s just a matter of how you use the Autosentry, I guess. I have posted many tips on countless topics and threads, but some quick tips are to use it as an “alarm” to alert you of enemies’ presence, guard or hold a certain area, draw fire away from you and your teammates, and help you gain the upper hand in a fight.

Nevertheless, I think we can all agree on the Autosentry being a nightmare in Lightning Flag!

> I have heard so many Halo players call it worthless and a crappy garbage AA, but have also heard many call it OP when I use it against them.
>
> It’s just a matter of how you use the Autosentry, I guess. I have posted many tips on countless topics and threads, but some quick tips are to use it as an “alarm” to alert you of enemies’ presence, guard or hold a certain area, draw fire away from you and your teammates, and help you gain the upper hand in a fight.

This is such a lie. Claiming to have “heard many call it OP” is just ridiculous. I honestly doubt that there was a single instance among anyone in this thread that honestly thinks the Sentry is OP.

It is true about the “alarm” part of the sentry being fairly useful. But of course, so is the radar. It makes a lot more sense to equip the sensor upgrade and use ANY other AA that will help you stay alive more and attack quicker. About drawing fire away, that will only work against the stupid. It goes down like nothing and its stationary so its easy to hit on top of that. I run into them sometimes on BTB. I see them at Banshee spawn and the Bravo point. I can’t see any reason to be concerned about an opponent with one.

I’d love to see a video of it being used effectively. I’ve been forcing myself to use it. And sometimes there are moments when it does something, but its impact is always small and it always makes more sense to use other AAs. Against good players it won’t work.

I posted my comment twice so I edited the second one down to this.

> > I have heard so many Halo players call it worthless and a crappy garbage AA, but have also heard many call it OP when I use it against them.
> >
> > It’s just a matter of how you use the Autosentry, I guess. I have posted many tips on countless topics and threads, but some quick tips are to use it as an “alarm” to alert you of enemies’ presence, guard or hold a certain area, draw fire away from you and your teammates, and help you gain the upper hand in a fight.
>
> This is such a lie. Claiming to have “heard many call it OP” is just ridiculous. I honestly doubt that there was a single instance among anyone in this thread that honestly thinks the Sentry is OP.
>
> It is true about the “alarm” part of the sentry being fairly useful. But of course, so is the radar. It makes a lot more sense to equip the sensor upgrade and use ANY other AA that will help you stay alive more and attack quicker. About drawing fire away, that will only work against the stupid. It goes down like nothing and its stationary so its easy to hit on top of that. I run into them sometimes on BTB. I see them at Banshee spawn and the Bravo point. I can’t see any reason to be concerned about an opponent with one.
>
> I’d love to see a video of it being used effectively. I’ve been forcing myself to use it. And sometimes there are moments when it does something, but its impact is always small and it always makes more sense to use other AAs. Against good players it won’t work.

I will gladly upload clips to my file share once I start playing Halo 4 again.

Believe it, dude. In 1v1’s, I can deploy it from under cover. That Autosentry has gotten my opponent’s attention. Then, I quickly come out of cover and start attacking my opponent. The Autosentry lands a few shots, snipping away at my enemy’s shields. Now, my opponent has to put in a couple of shots at the Autosentry to be able to destroy it. He fires two bursts at the Autosentry to destroy it, but while he was doing so, I have shot him more than he has shot me. I have the upper hand, and all it takes is a nice headshot to finish him off.

You need to deploy the Autosentry under the right circumstances, or else you will be shot at while deploying it.

"I will gladly upload clips to my file share once I start playing Halo 4 again.
Believe it, dude. In 1v1’s, I can deploy it from under cover. That Autosentry has gotten my opponent’s attention. Then, I quickly come out of cover and start attacking my opponent. The Autosentry lands a few shots, snipping away at my enemy’s shields. Now, my opponent has to put in a couple of shots at the Autosentry to be able to destroy it. He fires two bursts at the Autosentry to destroy it, but while he was doing so, I have shot him more than he has shot me. I have the upper hand, and all it takes is a nice headshot to finish him off.
You need to deploy the Autosentry under the right circumstances, or else you will be shot at while deploying it."

This is must be against absolutely TRASH players then. Look at the 4th sentence. “The Autosentry lands a few shots”… a few shots from a Sentry takes a LONG time. Who would just stand there and let themselves be shot at in a 1v1? It makes no sense. If you deploy it undercover by the way the sentry hangs out above the players head. This is what lets it shoot at the opponent from behind cover. But the roaring posture the player assumes while deploying it lets the opponent just nade the Spartan and/or shoot the crap out of the Sentry.

Lets just wait for these videos. If you look at Youtube for autosentry clips you will find two gameplay videos of it. One the uploader called a “troll gameplay” where he uses the autosentry as his AA. The second video is a sarcastic video talking about how great it is. Its just a Ghost driving off the map on Complex giving the player the kill.

I would at least remove that posture the player makes when deploying the Sentry, I would do the same for the Regen too.