AUTOMATIC WEAPONS NEED BUFF

Here is how to buff the automatics for Halo 4 while keeping them balanced.

ASSAULT RIFLE-
Bloom, 60 round clip, same behavior as Halo Reach but kills in 16-20 bullets, a bit higher fire rate
FAIR ON SHIELDS, GOOD ON HEALTH

PLASMA RIFLE-
Same behavior as Reach, but with plasma stun (mobility of hit opponent is decreased so jump height and movement speed are lower for up to one second after being hit by a plasma bolt)
GOOD ON SHIELDS, FAIR ON HEALTH

BRUTE SPIKER-
Same behavior as Reach, but with penetration (since the spikes are only fair on shields and fair on health, each spike will “penetrate” the shields and attack some of the health of the player. So health and shields will be reduced with each spike penetration)
FAIR ON SHIELDS, FAIR ON HEALTH

Lastly, because of the assault rifle buff, there is no need for a Halo 4 LMG.

Just a shame the Fleet replaced the MA5B ICWS (our beautiful anti-everything device in Halo: Combat Evolved) with that wimpy little MA5C (from Halo 3 and ODST).

If there was one thing I wouldn’t mind 343i ignoring canon over, it would be the MA5B.

They just need to buff the MA5C- give it more ammo per magazine, make its ROF higher, make the hitscan larger at close range, but still keep its improved range and accuracy. However, I would certainly not mind seeing the MA5B making a return.

> Here is how to buff the automatics for Halo 4 while keeping them balanced.
>
> ASSAULT RIFLE-
> Bloom, 60 round clip, same behavior as Halo Reach but kills in 16-20 bullets, a bit higher fire rate
> FAIR ON SHIELDS, GOOD ON HEALTH
>
> PLASMA RIFLE-
> Same behavior as Reach, but with plasma stun (mobility of hit opponent is decreased so jump height and movement speed are lower for up to one second after being hit by a plasma bolt)
> GOOD ON SHIELDS, FAIR ON HEALTH
>
> BRUTE SPIKER-
> Same behavior as Reach, but with penetration (since the spikes are only fair on shields and fair on health, each spike will “penetrate” the shields and attack some of the health of the player. So health and shields will be reduced with each spike penetration)
> FAIR ON SHIELDS, FAIR ON HEALTH
>
> Lastly, because of the assault rifle buff, there is no need for a Halo 4 LMG.

But i really want a lmg. It could replace the AR completly Chief lands on shield world, find some stranded UNSC they dont have AR’s but they got something better a lmg. Slower RoF than AR but higher damage and recoil like smg. Pluse we would have a place for the smg.

I would actually like to see the AR work more like the Retro in Gears of War 3.

By which I mean, when you start shooting, it KICKS, and kicks HARD. Becoming very inaccurate after the first 2-3 shots. But each shot does alot of damage, killing in around 15 shots, and keep the 32 shot clip.

This accomplishes that the weapon is very limited to close range, unless you use short-controlled bursts. Something both the Halo 3, and Reach AR’s did NOT accomplish, even remotely. This allows the massive damage scale-tip that I suggested, where the AR kills in just 5 bursts. This will accomplish a lower kill time at range than the Utility weapon, because spraying just doesn’t work, and “Bloom” should ensure that in order to have effective bursts, you must fire too slow to really win the fight.

The Plasma Rifle should work basically like it did in Halo CE. It has the ability to stun, pops shields in 6 shots, kills in 3 more head shots, or 6 more body shots. And can be fired semi-automatically with perfect accuracy. But hold the trigger for faster, gradually less accurate shots.

The Spike Rifle was just kind of handled poorly. I always figured the Spiker should have behaved more like a “Low ROF” automatic weapon. Say, take the Needle Rifle in ZB, and make the shots fast moving spikes, instead of hitscan. THAT should be the Spike Rifle, 6 shot kill is great too, it wouldn’t be as OP as the TU/ZB NR because of the projectile nature of the shots.

This gives each Automatic weapon their own flavor, and skill gaps.

AR: Automatic vs Controlled Bursts, Instead of spray and pray like Halo 3 and Reach
PR: Automatic vs Semi-Automatic, Headshot capable, Stun, much like Halo CE
SR: Slow, Powerful Automatic, Headshot capable, Lead shots, Very accurate