Auto turrets and Ai

Alright If you read the title you know why I’m writing this, now I may not know too much about programming and I know you can’t just wish for something and say abracadabra and BOOM!!! It’s in the game I know that, I just wanted to clarify this so people don’t think I’m a complete idiot. Auto turrets in halo 4 were my favorite thing in the forge mode and if they were brought to halo 5, it would bring for to a whole new level, and let’s say they do make it in the options I would like to see on these are damage per shot, Rate of fire, Health, Fov ,range, and possibly the type of projectile, Amount of projectiles, and what it targets i.e.(air vehicles , people, and land vehicles) and of course they would have a team system and two different modes Passive and Agressive, passive it will only shoot someone if they shoot within the rage of the turret, aggressive it just shoots all enemies it sees within its range. I don’t even know if this would be possible, but I know the 343 team is very talented and it does work in campaign but I know that’s totally different than multiplayer.

Now A.I. I know this works in the multiplayer, and adding AI to forge maps would make maps even more amazing in my opinion. Now the ideas that I have had with are, Choosing the race/faction of the A.I., team, patrol routes, spawning, health, weapon, accuracy, engagement range, and whether or not it is in a vehicle. I’m burnt out after wrighting the first paragraph and I know I have probably forgotten something.

-From yours truly
IAREAWESOMER

P.S. I didn’t want the intro to sound as cocky as it is I’m sorry for that, if someone from 343 reads this please consider.

AI will not happen in Halo 5. Auto Turrets probably could and could come in an update.

> 2535465283311209;1:
> I know you can’t just wish for something and say abracadabra and BOOM!!!

are u sure about that? john cena face

> 2576836393959214;2:
> AI will not happen in Halo 5. Auto Turrets probably could and could come in an update.

Yeah, the AI part was kind of a long shot and lets say they did add it, you would have to generate so many things for the AI to work on the map. Thanks for your comment

> 2533274833309866;3:
> > 2535465283311209;1:
> > I know you can’t just wish for something and say abracadabra and BOOM!!!
>
> are u sure about that? john cena face

they should just bring dominion back in the next update, as for ai sure it would be amazing but its gonna be hard if you want them to do whatever they want without running into walls and stuff, there needs to be some color system that you can put on anything so the ai knows what to do and what not to do like for example green for the floors letting it know it can go where ever it wants in that area, and red for walls letting it know its blocked. im not sure how it will be possible but it would be cool if we can have our own ai scripting like what the devs use. :smiley:

> 2535434424611465;6:
> they should just bring dominion back in the next update, as for ai sure it would be amazing but its gonna be hard if you want them to do whatever they want without running into walls and stuff, there needs to be some color system that you can put on anything so the ai knows what to do and what not to do like for example green for the floors letting it know it can go where ever it wants in that area, and red for walls letting it know its blocked. im not sure how it will be possible but it would be cool if we can have our own ai scripting like what the devs use. :smiley:

Yeah, depending on the size of the map for something to auto generate a nave mesh could take hours

With the new update to forge there’s a couple different ways to make a simple but accurate auto turret…I haven’t made a prefab of it yet but…it would work by using the new (move to target - and set as player) script. I would use a fast moving object like a small fire welded to look like a projectile…all in all…it should work and I encourage all of u to take a look at the new additions to forge…there a incredible amount of things that are now possible just from this last update

Auto turrets would be interesting. I can imagine them in Warzone on top of bases killing pesky Spartans on the roof.

I have completed my first version of a auto turret and is now on the content browser… there even more that I could do to it such as making them follow u instead . …I have a map in mind that uses a simple but intricate system to create waves of AI and day night cycles even with a rising and falling sun…things are starting to get interesting in H5 forge

They should give us the capability and gamemode to build Dominion from Halo 4.

> 2535420681875778;10:
> I have completed my first version of a auto turret and is now on the content browser… there even more that I could do to it such as making them follow u instead . …I have a map in mind that uses a simple but intricate system to create waves of AI and day night cycles even with a rising and falling sun…things are starting to get interesting in H5 forge

I’ll try to find it I’m very curious