AUTO SENTRY!1!!

“Autosentry is a stationary bot that shoots at enemies, fairly powerful. Vulnerable while deploying. Lasts about 30 sec, easily destroyed.”
-Time Glitch

Discuss.

Finally we have more info on the Auto Sentry.

> Finally we have more info on the Auto Sentry.

Im think TF2 style?

THATS AWESOME! This will help combat Jetpacks and hopefully make map control a little more important in H4.

It sounds pretty cool, not too overpowered. I want to see gameplay, though, before I really judge.

Looks like another power ability ripped off from Mass Effect’s engineer class. Oh well, still pretty cool.

This is a good new weapon in my opinion. Halo reach lacks so many weapons.

Nice.

Doesn’t sound too bad, can’t wait for gameplay.

All we need is that Regeneration Field…

This could be a slight problem if a whole team decides to deploy it.

> This could be a slight problem if a whole team decides to deploy it.

I wonder if PV sees it and if it sees camo

I think it is okay.

If we can really destroy it quickly, and if it makes a decent amount of damage, then I like it. :slight_smile:

I hope it is a one use per life AA tho.

> Looks like another power ability ripped off from Mass Effect’s engineer class. Oh well, still pretty cool.

Team fortress 2 did it waaay before mass effect ever did.

> Looks like another power ability ripped off from Mass Effect’s engineer class. Oh well, still pretty cool.

Looks like every first person shooter is ripping off Doom. Oh well, still pretty cool.

See how this works?

So then it is finally confirmed in. I wonder if it will be allowed in war games? from the looks of it, yes :frowning:

it better take a decent amount of time to deploy. I’m talking 3-5 seconds to set it down, and being unable to shoot while doing so. If you are shot at, it restarts. the recharge better be about 45-60 seconds as well, . And when they say its easy to destroy, it better be AR over 3 seconds easy, not 10 seconds of DMR fire easy.

Hopefully it is only in Big Team Games and there is a limit for how many a team can have on the map at a time, imagine two of those just defending the entrance to a base.

> Hopefully it is only in Big Team Games and there is a limit for how many a team can have on the map at a time, imagine two of those just defending the entrance to a base.

class limitations kind of defeat the purpose of full customizations. For everyone.

> > Finally we have more info on the Auto Sentry.
>
> Im think TF2 style?

More around the lines of Borderlands or even Halo 3. The TF2 turrets lasted indefinitely until they were destroyed. These turrets are time-based like BL’s. And although Halo 3’s turret was also indefinite, it too could be easily destroyed.

I hope it’s like a power up/ordinance drop. If it’s an AA then please only in BTB games…
But we still have to see how it’s implemented.

Also Egnineer is my favortie class in TF2, so I’ll probably enjoy this C: (very similar to the Minisentry, if you play TF2)

PFT they are liek totally ripping of 007 Nightfire PFT

Lol, and people called me crazy for suggesting a pretty “strong” turret that can be easily destroyed. Now look what happened :p. Except my idea was to make AA efficiency increase the power of the turret, but overheat it quicker. Though, AA Efficiency doesn’t work like that.

I would very much like to see some gameplay with it. To get a feel for it’s power and usefulness in certain situations. Also, I keep picturing Engineer from the internet’s favorite hat-simulator.