Auto-save feature/problem?

I’m unsure if this is a feature, or if it’s a problem. I posted this on the MCC Campaign Feedback June 2019 thread too, and edited to match this thread.

In the original non-MCC versions (Halo 1-4, including ODST), you can save & quit at a checkpoint you like. This is very helpful for players like me that play the game a certain way, or exactly how they want. However, in MCC, this player choice gets removed. MCC auto-saves your checkpoint and you have to restart the entire level if you come across a checkpoint the player doesn’t want to start out with. This can be extremely frustrating and very time-consuming for players who are obsessive-compulsive (like me) that plays the campaign a specific way. I don’t know how else to really explain my plight. I hope the next MCC update removes the auto-save feature/problem and returns the choice to the players like the original non-MCC games. Like I said, I’m unsure of if this is a feature on purpose, or if it’s an accidental glitch/issue.

I’m pretty confused. The original Halo games give automatic checkpoints too, I don’t remember ever being able to choose my own checkpoint. Unless if my memory is that bad, but I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say.

> 2533274812864671;2:
> I’m pretty confused. The original Halo games give automatic checkpoints too, I don’t remember ever being able to choose my own checkpoint. Unless if my memory is that bad, but I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say.

What I’m saying is that if I choose the Save & Quit option from the start menu, it will save that checkpoint into the game’s file or the hard drive of the Xbox/Xbox 360. That way, when I choose the Resume option, it’ll go to that checkpoint that I Saved and Quit from, regardless if I proceeded further into the game and it had other checkpoints. I think it’s because the Save & Quit option “hard-saved” that copy into the game or the hard drive, whereas checkpoints I’ve come across were “soft-save” and wasn’t into the actual hard drive. Hope this makes more sense.