Auto-Mute Opposing Team in MLG Playlist

Well, as many of you know, there is a problem with the MLG playlist. It is treated as any Competitive playlist in that the entire room is open to chat, meaning you can talk to your opponents before the start of the game.

However, this also carries over into the gameplay in that you can hear the enemy team in proximity voice. Due to this, players will mute the entire opposing team (you dont want your opponents to hear you planning mid-game). This creates a problem. Due to systems already in place, when a player receives too many frequent mutes, they receive a Mute Ban, which mutes them to every player on Reach for roughly a month unless they are manually unmuted by their teammates. With players rapidly muting the other team, there is an abundance of Mute Bans in the MLG crowd.

Mute Bans aside, it is annoying having to mute every player on the opposing team, and then unmute any players on MY team whom I may have muted before if I played against my teammates previously, all before the game starts.

Thus, I recommend changing the MLG playlist to act like the current Arena playlist in that you cannot talk to the opposing team in the pregame lobby, and there is no proximity voice in-game.

TL;DR - change MLG playlist to stop proximity voice

Agreed, and I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed yet.

agreed this issue is really a no brainer and an easy fix. make it happen 343

Why did Bungie even add a mute ban system that is so poorly designed? Agreed

I agree 100%. Implementing a mute ban was just pointless in general. If you don’t want to hear people, take 2-3 seconds and mute them yourselves.

I definitely think this is a problem that needs to be addressed in the upcoming TU