Auto-aim assist

Alright, since I’ve every single halo game there has been one, really, annoying problem, the aim-assist. From Halo CE to Halo 3 the aim-assist was perfect, it really wasn’t noticable, in-fact it took some skill to snipe. Unfortunately in Halo Reach the aim-assist has been dramatically increased, making both “pacing the DMR” and sniping “noober” easy. I’m just asking if you could nerf the aim-assist back like it used to be.

• Compare any halo title from the trilogy to reach and you will notice the difference

The aim assist was much worse in H3 than it is in Reach. That being said, without it accurate shots would be next to impossible.

Male Lord, aim assist was plentiful on Halo 2. But on Reach it is remarkable. The Reach AR has huge amounts of aim assist. How hard can a gun like that be to shoot that requires aim assist?

> The aim assist was much worse in H3 than it is in Reach. That being said, without it accurate shots would be next to impossible.

^true, but not for headshots^
in reach it has only hurt me once, but in halo 3 it happened all the time when i would be fighting someone; auto aim would gravitate towards another player and i would miss my shot, causing me to die… it was annoying back in that era of halo, but in reach its not that big of a deal

as for actually helping people get headshots in reach: it is certainly easier from my perspective, but sniping is all about who shoots first anyways

> Male Lord, aim assist was plentiful on Halo 2. But on Reach it is remarkable. The Reach AR has huge amounts of aim assist. How hard can a gun like that be to shoot that requires aim assist?

What’s really hideous about the AR in Reach is the enormous amount of bullet magnetism it has.

> > Male Lord, aim assist was plentiful on Halo 2. But on Reach it is remarkable. The Reach AR has huge amounts of aim assist. How hard can a gun like that be to shoot that requires aim assist?
>
> What’s really hideous about the AR in Reach is the enormous amount of bullet magnetism it has.

Yep, as proven by SkyFighta65’s video on his fileshare. If you want I can link it or you could find it. Shouldn’t be too hard. Still they made some guns too easy to use.

> Alright, since I’ve every single halo game there has been one, really, annoying problem, the aim-assist. From Halo CE to Halo 3 the aim-assist was perfect, it really wasn’t noticable, in-fact it took some skill to snipe. Unfortunately in Halo Reach the aim-assist has been dramatically increased, making both “pacing the DMR” and sniping “noober” easy. I’m just asking if you could nerf the aim-assist back like it used to be.
> - Compare any halo title from the trilogy to reach and you will notice the difference

WHAT

HAVE YOU MISSED “HALO 2 NOOBIFIED”?

THE AIM ASSIST WAS ANYTHING BUT PERFECT IN H2 AND H3

> > Alright, since I’ve every single halo game there has been one, really, annoying problem, the aim-assist. From Halo CE to Halo 3 the aim-assist was perfect, it really wasn’t noticable, in-fact it took some skill to snipe. Unfortunately in Halo Reach the aim-assist has been dramatically increased, making both “pacing the DMR” and sniping “noober” easy. I’m just asking if you could nerf the aim-assist back like it used to be.
> > - Compare any halo title from the trilogy to reach and you will notice the difference
>
> WHAT
>
> HAVE YOU MISSED “HALO 2 NOOBIFIED”?
>
> THE AIM ASSIST WAS ANYTHING BUT PERFECT IN H2 AND H3

You’re right. It’s actually funny to me in H2. Sometimes I’m just fooling around with my brother in customs and he’ll run past me while I’m not touching my aim and it will literally follow him a good distance.

Halo: CE was designed around LAN play… none of the aim assisting/bullet magnetism/auto-aim were required, except in VERY VERY small amounts. No online lag = no use for them.

Halo 2 was laughable at best. I remember the days of SMG starts on Blood Gulch while I got 30+ Sniper Rifle kills with over 25 headshots easily. I would literally get dozens of Friend Requests from that alone! Not to mention the numerous videos about it… Very bad. But the internet/netcoding were still in their infant stages, so it was required to make the game run well enough even on the worst connections.

Halo 3 was a lot better, but still was flawed. Still plenty of assistance in shooting.

Halo: Reach once again improves on the bullet magnetism for most guns, besides the Assault Rifle. That still has a decent amount. Just watch this video… Start paying attention after 8 seconds, or when he breaks his opponent’s shields. He shoots six shots total, with at least 3 with a red reticle somewhat aimed at his opponent’s head. They all like they should magnetize for the kill, but none do. Look at the last shot that an MLG pro misses specifically. His reticle was red but since he aimed slightly to the left of his opponent’s head, it went exactly where he shot. The auto-aim and aim assisting are basically the same from Halo 3 though, but the bullet magnetism on precision weapons have been minimalized.

If only it was possible to design games with minimal amounts of these gameplay mechanics… But the horrible internet speeds of America along the the netcoding just now reaching optimal efficiency just makes it very difficult to ignore the need for these features. The host advantage would be at Gears of War 1 levels… which was horrible.