Australian lack of a population

On week days we Australians cant find any game exept warzone until about 5pm, sometime if your lucky you can find an arena game none of the other playlists including slayer. BTB, FFA and Warzone Assault can never be found. Breakout can almost never be found. Often now i cant even find slayer games on the weekend. Warzone is the only mode with a stable population, even the Arena playlist takes ages to find people. I know im the the only one because thoughs i play with say the same things. I love Halo but the population for Australia is dead.

Honestly i blame 343i for moving it away from what Halo was about. Halo 5 needed what bungie always did with halo, a darker feeling, good campaign story but most of all 343i just had to have finished the game and its game modes for release. no infection at launch, not griffball, no forge, not unlimited firefight. People dont want to wait six months for the game to actually be finished. And again Halo 5 is too bright and cartoony (though that bit probably doesn’t heavily effect the population drop).

Finnally Warzone has the biggest population but only launch with 3 maps, 5 months in and we will have 5 maps for it, thats how many the game needs for people not to get super bored and move on quickly.

EDIT: some people believe its that servers are having issues (kind of like gears of war 2 at release), i hope that is the case because then it could be fixed. What do you guys think, could it be that?

Hey im from Aus and my friends and i get the same issues! this month we have been able to get our arena qualification matches and thats it, no matter what time of day i cant get a game in any playlist. this happens when we have a full fireteam of 4… surly we cant be the only 4 people trying to get a game.
Today alone a friend and i spent 5 hrs and got 2 arena games and 2 warzone !!

Yep. Dedicated servers are a curse for us and people who like offline play/system link.

With the hidden ranks in social playlist (like fiesta, grifball) I can never find games in those after a few games as well. As an onyx player I can hardly find games even in team arena and slayer during peak hours. When I do its Diamonds vs onyx players from experience, even some golds in there. The only playlist is Warzone to play really unless I play with American friends then there is no issue.

Dedicated servers…
I love in Jordan and my dedicated server is somewhere in the UK or even the USA so tend to get lag or disconnect if I find one

They need to do what they do in reach were you can pick you search area.

> 2533274932348949;6:
> They need to do what they do in reach were you can pick you search area.

All they need to do is add an option to search worldwide or on American servers etc. That’s all it would take, still giving people the option to search lag free on AUS servers.

I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with population, I just think the matchmaking is messed up. This isn’t ‘blaming’ 343, it’s just that 90% of modes I can find games instantly with Aussie/NZ players, but BTB, FFA and Warzone Assault I have never played, and i’ve searched numerous times over months. It doesn’t matter how many times I search for them, a game will never start. Surely, one of them would have enough players at the one time to start…and why can I play Warzone with Americans but none of the other modes?
There’s enough people in Australia to get consistent games man, i’m telling ya, there are a lot less populated MP games out there that have no trouble matching a few players. I personally believe there is an issue with the servers or something.

Your second last paragraph has nothing to do with it mate, that’s just your own opinion. There’s plenty of players on this game, these forums are more active than Call Of Duty’s.

> 2533274964587104;8:
> I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with population, I just think the matchmaking is messed up. This isn’t ‘blaming’ 343, it’s just that 90% of modes I can find games instantly with Aussie/NZ players, but BTB, FFA and Warzone Assault I have never played, and i’ve searched numerous times over months. It doesn’t matter how many times I search for them, a game will never start. Surely, one of them would have enough players at the one time to start…and why can I play Warzone with Americans but none of the other modes?
> There’s enough people in Australia to get consistent games man, i’m telling ya, there are a lot less populated MP games out there that have no trouble matching a few players. I personally believe there is an issue with the servers or something.
>
> Your second last paragraph has nothing to do with it mate, that’s just your own opinion. There’s plenty of players on this game, these forums are more active than Call Of Duty’s.

If I made a second account and deranked to Gold/ silver its game after game during the day, it mainly affects higher skilled players as you said its not population. The hidden ranks in “social” playlist don’t help as the population is split further. I’m as the stage with hidden ranks where I can’t find grifball games anymore but with a second account its game after game. If they removed the hidden ranks it would help a lot but it still wouldn’t fix Warzone assault as there is no hidden ranks in that.

I’ve been getting no games in the morning for both warzone and arena. Seems like from about 3pm onwards im consistently getting games again.

They need to at least remove the hidden rating from Social playlists so we can find social games, at the moment we can’t find any arena games, (except swat which I find games on American servers for whatever reason)

im an ausie and i have the same issue, i have simply resorted on going onto LFG websites to get into any game as it is otherwise imposible

Yup, i’ve only played warzone assault and btb when joining an american friend, but, of course, the lag is way too much.

> 2535461538803553;12:
> I’m an Australian and I have the same issue. I have simply resorted on going onto LFG websites to get into any game as it is otherwise imposible.

Same here.

Most of the reasons you listed aren’t the cause of this problem, and where present in the original trilogy (bright colours and a fairly light hearted atmosphere was basically the standard for the original games). The problem stems from dividing the population. We’re stuck playing only with other Australians. The Xbox One has sold about 20 million units, more than half of that is North America, and another quarter is Europe. All of the other regions combined (including Australia) equals less than one quarter of the peak potential Xbox One population.

This was the totally foreseeable outcome of not having any crossover or option to choose your region matching. We’re stuck with an active population of so few people it makes most of the game inaccessible.

Where did all the dole bludgers go? They’ve always held the population high for when I’m “sick”, in other games.
Government must have been handing out PS4’s in secret.

> 2533274964587104;8:
> I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with population, I just think the matchmaking is messed up. This isn’t ‘blaming’ 343, it’s just that 90% of modes I can find games instantly with Aussie/NZ players, but BTB, FFA and Warzone Assault I have never played, and i’ve searched numerous times over months. It doesn’t matter how many times I search for them, a game will never start. Surely, one of them would have enough players at the one time to start…and why can I play Warzone with Americans but none of the other modes?
> There’s enough people in Australia to get consistent games man, i’m telling ya, there are a lot less populated MP games out there that have no trouble matching a few players. I personally believe there is an issue with the servers or something.
>
> Your second last paragraph has nothing to do with it mate, that’s just your own opinion. There’s plenty of players on this game, these forums are more active than Call Of Duty’s.

If there were enough players than you would have no trouble finding games, the only issue with matchmaking is the strict matching and region lock.
You wouldn’t know how hard it is to find games as at your rank there are more players, this is more a problem to players that are a higher rank, it’s basically impossible to find a game searching solo at diamond and above, which is ruining the game for experienced halo players, alienating long term players and ruining the game for many people.