August’s 343 play dates/social stream days updates

I can’t seem to find anything about there next play date for August. I couldn’t find anything that they post on updating on when they play on reddit or here for that, so if anyone knows or if they want to start updating on here. I bet a lot of people would appreciate it thank you. Also every Wednesday they do a social stream as well and you can get the ice skin from both.

You can get the skin every Wednesday during the Social streams. Play-dates are also published in the Community updates which you can find in the News section: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/summary-approaches

There is one happening today in Castle Wars

> Playlist Persuasions – This week’s rotational playlist adventure sees the fan-favorite Castle Wars tag in to Halo 5 matchmaking, replacing Shotty Snipers. To celebrate, we’ll be hosting a 343 Community Playdate – tomorrow (Friday), 3pm PT. Jump into the Castle Wars playlist during that time, and if you match our official squad, you’ll bag yourself a glittering and glorious Ice Unicorn weapon skin for your AR. May the matchmaking gods smile upon you!

Edit: So I forgot that they won’t be playing Halo 5 every week, sometimes it will be a different Halo game. Best to check what they are playing week to week and if it is Halo 5 then you can get the skin

Finally, an opportunity for me to get a hold of one of these. Thank you for holding the play date on a Friday evening guys, much appreciated!

So that’s 5pm CDT I believe. I don’t really know how to go about getting matched other than just joining a game at that time and hoping it’s them, any tips to getting in the same matchmaking game as them? Do you know who all participates in these play dates at 343i? Also there’s a fire unicorn skin and that one is really really cool, I know 343i has to notice something you made or something like that. what’s the best way to get that one?

> 2533274883013155;4:
> I don’t really know how to go about getting matched other than just joining a game at that time and hoping it’s them, any tips to getting in the same matchmaking game as them? Do you know who all participates in these play dates at 343i? Also there’s a fire unicorn skin and that one is really really cool, I know 343i has to notice something you made or something like that. what’s the best way to get that one?

I think a lot of it now depends on your skill level and where you’re located. If you’re in the U.S. and not on the west coast, then you should put it on ‘Expanded’ search so you’ll have a better chance of getting a west coast server. I don’t know all the regulars that play, but it can be GrimBrother One, Unyshek, Bravo, Tashi, ske7ch, and/or Dersky.

For the fire skin, you need to get your screenshot featured in the community update. Best way to get it would be to make a cool screenshot and then show it to them via Twitter. I think there’s a hashtag for it, but I can’t remember what it’s called.

-Yoink!- I missed it. Again.

flips table

> 2533274843100991;6:
> -Yoink!- I missed it. Again.
>
> flips table

LOL, me to brother. I love the flips table, literally spit my coffee out when I read that!

Anyone know when the halo 5 June play date will be? I assume it’s going to be griffball since they did castle last time and they do the featured social playlist.

Updated my post above - I forgot that the weekly social streams aren’t always going to be playing Halo 5. It’s worth keeping an eye on to see if Halo 5 will be the featured game as the skin will be up for grabs on those days. Outside of that, Community Playdate are announced usually in Community Updates. Best to always check the news section or keep an eye out in Halo’s twitter account for when then next one will be

> 2533274883013155;8:
> Anyone know when the halo 5 June play date will be? I assume it’s going to be griffball since they did castle last time and they do the featured social playlist.

Grifball was replaced. So maybe action sack or throwback would be my guess. Or maybe new HSC

Would I get the Ice Unicorn skin if I just randomly played someone at 343? Because the other day, I played Frankie in a Super Fiesta Match. At the Post-Game recap, he had the 343 emblem, I checked his profile, and it was the real deal. And I’m not lying.

> 2535437245679844;11:
> Would I get the Ice Unicorn skin if I just randomly played someone at 343?

No, it needs to be during the play date.

the unicorn skin sounds so cool, does anyone have a picture of it??

> 2533274813220439;13:
> the unicorn skin sounds so cool, does anyone have a picture of it??

Fire: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRDwPrdXcAAIkQf.jpg.
Ice: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRDvQMRWkAIh3pr.jpg.

They’re both pretty cool :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;14:
> > 2533274813220439;13:
> > the unicorn skin sounds so cool, does anyone have a picture of it??
>
> Fire: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRDwPrdXcAAIkQf.jpg.
> Ice: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRDvQMRWkAIh3pr.jpg.
>
> They’re both pretty cool :slight_smile:

whats the best way to get the fire one?

> 2533274826044245;10:
> > 2533274883013155;8:
> > Anyone know when the halo 5 June play date will be? I assume it’s going to be griffball since they did castle last time and they do the featured social playlist.
>
> Grifball was replaced. So maybe action sack or throwback would be my guess. Or maybe new HSC

i was looking forward to grif

Fire is for being featured in one of the weekly Community Updates. If you have any cool screenshots you can share that you have taken, a video you have made, or some other Halo related creation. You can share it on Twitter using the hashtag #HaloHotShots or post in this thread and someone can tweet it for you if you don’t have an account: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/waypoint-showcase-post-your-screenshots-here/373edaaa-47a8-4c84-a4e4-841c3e47ef40/posts

> 2533274813317074;17:
> Fire is for being featured in one of the weekly Community Updates. If you have any cool screenshots you can share that you have taken, a video you have made, or some other Halo related creation. You can share it on Twitter using the hashtag #HaloHotShots or post in this thread and someone can tweet it for you if you don’t have an account: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/waypoint-showcase-post-your-screenshots-here/373edaaa-47a8-4c84-a4e4-841c3e47ef40/posts

i dont have a twitter but if i make a blank new one just for that, would that count?

Can hurt to give it a try. Might not get it first try, but 343 are always looking to see the great content the community are creating :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. This is from halos twitter from tomorrow for today.

We’ve got another 343 Social Stream on tap, this time with @Jessabirdy in the hot seat! The good doctor joins us for some fun, games, and valuable life lessons - live tomorrow at 1:30pm PT on @WatchMixer. Be there!

So it’s in less than 2 hours and she posted a picture of halo 5 action sack that’s in the weekly update. So I’m assuming that’s what they will be playing.