August drop pod response

I haven’t seen any other forums dedicated to next week’s drop pod update, so I thought I would set one up here.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/august-drop-pod-preview
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/wh1mo3/august_drop_pod_preview/

Admittedly, I’ve only skimmed this since it’s been a while since I’ve played Halo Infinite. Still, these looks like steps in the right direction. Still I definitely think there’s a lot more that needs to be done. Personally as it relates to the stuff in this drop pod update, here’s what I’d like to see.

For Helmets:

1. Helmet attachments for all Mark V/VII to be interchangeable with one another (I want to be able to use Mark VII attachments on Mark V and vice versa)
  2. Multiple Helmet attachments at the same time. (There are some attachments that would work well together IMO. For example, I want to be able to use a top + left + right + bottom helmet attachment on a Mark V and Mark VII helmet wherever possible)
    -(Example for Mark V: Top = UA, Left = HUL/CMN, Right = TAC/Willow, and Bottom = CBRN)

For Challenges:

1. I want to be able to see real time updates for challenge progression. Yes, it’s great being able to see what challenges are currently in play, but I want to see real time updates for how much progress I’ve made. MCC has this, there’s no excuse for Halo Infinite to not have this.

I’m having trouble brainstorming other ideas. Again, I just wanted to create a forum for people to be able to talk about this. Overall, whether you think this drop pod update does enough or not, I think it’s at least a step in the right direction.

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up Bud! But still no info on the Custom Game Area being fixed. :face_exhaling:

Peace! :fist_right: :fist_left:

3 Likes

I know how you feel. I suspect this drop pod update was not meant to be hugely transformative. But at least they finally mention region selection, so small blessings.

6 Likes

It is certainly a start, but there is really a long way to go.
The only thing I’m disappointed with is that they move too slowly, I would like them to start communicating more frequently with users. Halo Infinite has a lot of potential, and I hope that within 1 year we start to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
There are so many things I would like to see added to the game, I will mention a few:
Full Cross-Core
Change character presentation animation at the start of the game
New modes (also from previous Halo)
Battle Royale
Assassins
Playable Elite and Brute
New Weapons (also from previous Halo)
New Maps (also from previous Halo)
In short, I would like this Halo to be the most complete of all, with everything the previous ones have had and also a lot of new features.

3 Likes

Certainly a step in the right direction.
A very, very slow step.
Zzzz

4 Likes

I just really want a 1-50 level ranking system

5 Likes

I just want to play a match without having constant teleportation, rubberbanding, input delay, desync, and delayed damage

7 Likes

Though I do like the crosscore they’ve added, I think that they don’t need to crosscore everything. I think that all they need to do now is add crosscore coatings.

4 Likes

I get that. With the way the armor cores are designed, I wouldn’t make much sense for 343 to try to force everything to be compatible with one another. I imagine that there would be considerable clipping issues in certain situations.

But, yes, I do think trying to make all coatings usable with every core is a natural next step after the visors. I’d also like for them to be able to make the arm and leg attachments compatible wherever possible. As an example, I think it would be great to see the Tactical Ops Event Utility item usable on the Mark V or Rakshasa armor cores.

2 Likes

As an addendum to my first post on challenges in this forum, I think they need to be way easier and less restrictive than the way it’s currently designed. Ideally, I’d like to see less challenges dependent on kills with X weapon, or challenges in X game mode, or get X amount of wins (maybe 1 or 2 in any game type).

I’d like to see more challenges like “Get X cummulative score,” “Get X Kills in PvE(Bot Matches)/PvP Matches,” “Play X amount of Matches,” etc. Also, I would like for more challenges to be completable in Bot Matches. Forcing players to throw the match just to complete a challenge ruin the experience IMO.

As a principle, I feel like most challenges should be completable kind of passively just playing the game and having a good time, with only a few that you’d really have to go out of your way to complete.

The plan is to make canon stuff cross core. I’m happy with that

2 Likes

It seems like they expanded on that to some extent, as you can use visors found on the “cannon” armor cores (like the Stalwart visor they showcased) on “non-cannon” cores like the Eaglestrike and Yoroi armor cores.

I don’t think visors and coatings really count in that regard.

EDIT: They’re just colours, mostly.

1 Like

To each their own I suppose. In any case, I guess we’ll have to see how far they can push the envelope, whether that’s full chestplates, shoulder pieces and helmets, or it will be smaller stuff like the wrist and leg utility attachments. I mean, between the canon and non-canon cores. I’m sure they can to a lot more between each of the canon cores.

Honestly I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a canon toggle. I’d really rather not see any weapon charms, vfx or garish cat ears or other shop items.

A man can dream.

1 Like

Doubles is dope, Core Crossing Visors is a nice surprise and region selection early workings is relieving to hear. Tragic wintessa looking good on that there Mk.VII core as well.

**** I’ve been bamboozled, That is actually a coating that’s been leaked but not sold. ***

1 Like

Definitely a big win. If this is the sort of stuff that comes with these little updates then I’m eager for the next one. The more drop pods they pump out, the better the quality of life for the game, although it would be nice if they could fast track that region select.

1 Like

Working on region selection but still no crossplay toggles :-1:

All your points I agree! To add on, Please allow us to at least change the colors of Armor Coatings too out of a full suite of colors.

1 Like

That’s for sure definitely in the works even if they don’t have it posted. Like I don’t remember region selecting not mentioned before but they have it coming out and I have been wanting this. Tired of getting huge pings which meant I was being sent to another region

1 Like