Augmented elites?

I would really love to see them as an enemy. Elites are strong as it is, but an augmented elite would be beastly, could even be a fun sub boss.

Most elites would probably see this as “dishonorable”, although i’m sure some elites would be fine with it under certain circumstances (say mixing their armor and DNA with forerunner tech)

These elites would have all standard elite abilities, but with these additional abilities.

.Increased size, speed, strength

.Elite jet pack/ jump pack (could also work as a thruster)

.stronger shields

.Large jackal shield(wrist 1)

.Knight teleportation device

.expandable knight sword/energy sword mix (wrist 2)

.dual wielding abilities(possibly 2 primary weapons)

.Duplication device (heretic)

.Shoulder mounted concussion rifle/ charging will result in a spartan laser like effect

.Invisibility

.Temporary Shield buff (brute chieftains)

just a thought :stuck_out_tongue:

And yet who is going to augment them? Kinda a critical flaw in the idea.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> And yet who is going to augment them? Kinda a critical flaw in the idea.

No clue,maybe captured scientists or “smarter” elites they have.

> 2533274898131165;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > And yet who is going to augment them? Kinda a critical flaw in the idea.
>
>
> No clue,maybe captured scientists or “smarter” elites they have.

And where are those capture scientists supposed to get the resources and knowledge of alien anatomy? There are smart Elites, yes, but they are still far away from doing surgery on the scale of the Spartan program.

they did capture doctor Halsey so it is possible

> 2533274928294992;5:
> they did capture doctor Halsey so it is possible

good point

> 2533274928294992;5:
> they did capture doctor Halsey so it is possible

Yet she needed labs of equipment and numerous doctors to perform the surgeries for the IIs. She has neither. And is lacking an arm.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274928294992;5:
> > they did capture doctor Halsey so it is possible
>
>
> Yet she needed labs of equipment and numerous doctors to perform the surgeries for the IIs. She has neither. And is lacking an arm.

She could work with elite doctors, they do have them, but they are frowned upon.

And yet that still doesn’t solve the problem of supplies and equipment, nor do we even know if the same augmentation procedures that worked for humans would work on Elites. And what are the odds that Jul’s faction even has doctors? Not likely.

If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass

Lol and you really think a missing limb is going to render THE halsy useless? Its likely to be just a matter of time before she has covenant resources to back a new hybrid project

> 2533274812652989;9:
> And yet that still doesn’t solve the problem of supplies and equipment, nor do we even know if the same augmentation procedures that worked for humans would work on Elites. And what are the odds that Jul’s faction even has doctors? Not likely.

Well, they did have some pretty advanced equipment in halo 4. Harvester, cruisers, etc.

The point of the thread was more along the lines of a challenging enemy, I suppose the same traits could be applied to other enemy types. I just picked the elites to work with.

> 2533274890980480;10:
> If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass

Yet for all we know the chemicals or surgeries for augmentation may be 100% lethal to an alien anatomy.

> 2533274812652989;13:
> > 2533274890980480;10:
> > If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass
>
>
> Yet for all we know the chemicals or surgeries for augmentation may be 100% lethal to an alien anatomy.

Well, if 343i were to just say “-Yoink- IT!” they could just slap on something along the lines of how they found some forerunner AI that sen their medical tech thousands of years ahead in a short time along with having an abundance for resources that could be used to augment warriors using forerunner alloys.

I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that existed in Halo or if the idea hovered over the heads of the people at 343i. The AI could even be the one doing all the work with Halsey just watching and understanding. That would be a wet dream for her to get in contact with something that advance.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> And yet who is going to augment them? Kinda a critical flaw in the idea.

If anyone could do it, it’d be Halsey who’s currently out for “revenge” as she herself put it. Can’t blame her really, ONI is a cancerous tumor at the best of times.

Who knows exactly what kind of augmentations she could do however, I doubt they’d be medical because of the lack of medical professionals among the Elites…most likely they’d be technological in nature because of her expertise in Forerunner technology and the Covenant’s experience in adapting said technology to their own as we’ve seen in the past.

I wouldn’t expect optimal or even Spartan level advancements given the lack of equipment she’d have available, but probably better shields, maybe strengthened armor, Forerunner teleporters, etc etc.

> 2533274809316157;14:
> > 2533274812652989;13:
> > > 2533274890980480;10:
> > > If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass
> >
> >
> >
> > Yet for all we know the chemicals or surgeries for augmentation may be 100% lethal to an alien anatomy.
>
>
> Well, if 343i were to just say “-Yoink- IT!” they could just slap on something along the lines of how they found some forerunner AI that sen their medical tech thousands of years ahead in a short time along with having an abundance for resources that could be used to augment warriors using forerunner alloys.
>
> I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that existed in Halo or if the idea hovered over the heads of the people at 343i. The AI could even be the one doing all the work with Halsey just watching and understanding. That would be a wet dream for her to get in contact with something that advance.

So Forerunner stuff is just going to be a convenient plot device card now? Oh, we just happened to find X that can do Y in this Forerunner facility.

> 2533274808538326;15:
> I wouldn’t expect optimal or even Spartan level advancements given the lack of equipment she’d have available, but probably better shields, maybe strengthened armor, Forerunner teleporters, etc etc.

Ah, but those aren’t augmentations. Heck, scavenging stuff from the Knights could accomplish those in no time.

> 2533274812652989;17:
> > 2533274808538326;15:
> > I wouldn’t expect optimal or even Spartan level advancements given the lack of equipment she’d have available, but probably better shields, maybe strengthened armor, Forerunner teleporters, etc etc.
>
>
> Ah, but those aren’t augmentations. Heck, scavenging stuff from the Knights could accomplish those in no time.

Technically they are “augmentations” by definition just to armor and weapons not necessarily the Elites themselves.

If we start seeing hostile Elites with Promethean systems installed in their weapons and armor my opinion of the kill on sight order for Halsey will do a complete 180. Conversing with Jul to find the Librarian was a shady grey area to begin with, but actively helping the enemy…I hope she has the good sense not to do that, not to go beyond the point of no return.

> 2533274812652989;16:
> > 2533274809316157;14:
> > > 2533274812652989;13:
> > > > 2533274890980480;10:
> > > > If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Yet for all we know the chemicals or surgeries for augmentation may be 100% lethal to an alien anatomy.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Well, if 343i were to just say “-Yoink- IT!” they could just slap on something along the lines of how they found some forerunner AI that sen their medical tech thousands of years ahead in a short time along with having an abundance for resources that could be used to augment warriors using forerunner alloys.
> >
> > I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that existed in Halo or if the idea hovered over the heads of the people at 343i. The AI could even be the one doing all the work with Halsey just watching and understanding. That would be a wet dream for her to get in contact with something that advance.
>
>
>
> So Forerunner stuff is just going to be a convenient plot device card now? Oh, we just happened to find X that can do Y in this Forerunner facility.

Isn’t that the entire plot device for all of the Halo games and a third of the books?

Its even a major point in the enemies religion.

> 2533274809316157;19:
> > 2533274812652989;16:
> > > 2533274809316157;14:
> > > > 2533274812652989;13:
> > > > > 2533274890980480;10:
> > > > > If anyone could do it, its halsy, the prerequisite for Spartan 2 and 3s would probably be met with less difficulty considering elites are anatomically way more viable to survive intensified training and augmentation simply due to their mass
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yet for all we know the chemicals or surgeries for augmentation may be 100% lethal to an alien anatomy.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Well, if 343i were to just say “-Yoink- IT!” they could just slap on something along the lines of how they found some forerunner AI that sen their medical tech thousands of years ahead in a short time along with having an abundance for resources that could be used to augment warriors using forerunner alloys.
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that existed in Halo or if the idea hovered over the heads of the people at 343i. The AI could even be the one doing all the work with Halsey just watching and understanding. That would be a wet dream for her to get in contact with something that advance.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > So Forerunner stuff is just going to be a convenient plot device card now? Oh, we just happened to find X that can do Y in this Forerunner facility.
>
>
> Isn’t that the entire plot device for all of the Halo games and a third of the books?
>
> Its even a major point in the enemies religion.

Finding a superweapon is a bit different than something that magically makes Elites experts at surgery just so they make Spartan Elites.