Audio log from inside infinite FEB

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/halsey_journal_01-1cb7b58224cb4761bca2b9fd990634cc.wav^ audio log in case no one has heard it.

halsey in the game confirmed lol

I missed it, thanks for sharing!

Do you think the name of the file has any significance - I can’t imagine they’d release the file with a bunch of random numbering and lettering in its name unless it was intentionally done for some kind of further reference/easter egg

> 2535442879769873;4:
> Do you think the name of the file has any significance - I can’t imagine they’d release the file with a bunch of random numbering and lettering in its name unless it was intentionally done for some kind of further reference/easter egg

doubt it. Lots of encodes tend to have random digits in it

Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.

> 2533275010793662;6:
> Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.

Maybe this is from a terminal or audio log explaining what’s happened between 5 and Infinite.

Glad we get to hear Halsey and Chief directly interacting beyond their quick moment in Halo 5. That audio clip was a great way to set the stage for Infinite

The other male voice in the clip sounded like Lasky or Roland (I’m leaning more toward Lasky though).

Where was this?

There was a lot of ambient noise in the background. Can we run this through something and see if there’s anything hidden in the audio?

Besides the random beeping, there’s some random typing too that sounds a little out of place. Also, this Twitter post.

My main focus though, is the odd ambient noise in the audio file. The whole thing sounds really off. Maybe run it through a spectrogram?

also, the audio file in the url is called Halsey’s Journal.

> 2535442879769873;4:
> Do you think the name of the file has any significance - I can’t imagine they’d release the file with a bunch of random numbering and lettering in its name unless it was intentionally done for some kind of further reference/easter egg

The only thing I would guess about the name is that ‘halsey_journal01’ implies that this is one of possibly multiple journal entries. We might see some more popping up.

> 2533274892901745;7:
> > 2533275010793662;6:
> > Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.
>
> Maybe this is from a terminal or audio log explaining what’s happened between 5 and Infinite.

If they really try sweeping what happened between the games in a glorified scavenger hunt you have to piece together I’m going to be disappointed. Things like this should expand the story and offer deeper details, not hide away a story 343 seems so adamant on abandoning as quickly as possible…again

> 2533274812652989;14:
> > 2533274892901745;7:
> > > 2533275010793662;6:
> > > Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.
> >
> > Maybe this is from a terminal or audio log explaining what’s happened between 5 and Infinite.
>
> If they really try sweeping what happened between the games in a glorified scavenger hunt you have to piece together I’m going to be disappointed. Things like this should expand the story and offer deeper details, not hide away a story 343 seems so adamant on abandoning as quickly as possible…again

What’s wrong with tying backstory to collectables? Many games do this, Doom Eternal, Destiny 2 and ARK being prime examples.

I’m also pretty sure 343 are not abandoning what Halo 5 set up. Despite the game’s actual story being the worst in the series by far, Halo 5 did serve to establish the new status quo in the Halo universe, with the Created in control, the UNSC on the run, Covenant Remnant factions either wiped out or in hiding. Only the most incompetent writers imaginable would try and sweep something of that magnitude aside, and Infinite’s head writer is anything but incompetent.

> 2533274892901745;15:
> > 2533274812652989;14:
> > > 2533274892901745;7:
> > > > 2533275010793662;6:
> > > > Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.
> > >
> > > Maybe this is from a terminal or audio log explaining what’s happened between 5 and Infinite.
> >
> > If they really try sweeping what happened between the games in a glorified scavenger hunt you have to piece together I’m going to be disappointed. Things like this should expand the story and offer deeper details, not hide away a story 343 seems so adamant on abandoning as quickly as possible…again
>
> What’s wrong with tying backstory to collectables? Many games do this, Doom Eternal, Destiny 2 and ARK being prime examples.
>
> I’m also pretty sure 343 are not abandoning what Halo 5 set up. Despite the game’s actual story being the worst in the series by far, Halo 5 did serve to establish the new status quo in the Halo universe, with the Created in control, the UNSC on the run, Covenant Remnant factions either wiped out or in hiding. Only the most incompetent writers imaginable would try and sweep something of that magnitude aside, and Infinite’s head writer is anything but incompetent.

They pretty did with 4, so if it can happen once it can happen again. Again, I have issue with pretty much all the major events from the previous game being put in a scavenger hunt. If we’re talking the run history or maybe biographies on some Banished commanders, that’s one thing. But literally what happened in the years prior to Infinite? I’d think that warrant a cutscene or two.

> 2533274812652989;16:
> > 2533274892901745;15:
> > > 2533274812652989;14:
> > > > 2533274892901745;7:
> > > > > 2533275010793662;6:
> > > > > Hmmm interesting… This feels like a moment right after Halo 5’s ending. I think Halsey and Chief get separated at some point in the beginning of Halo Infinite.
> > > >
> > > > Maybe this is from a terminal or audio log explaining what’s happened between 5 and Infinite.
> > >
> > > If they really try sweeping what happened between the games in a glorified scavenger hunt you have to piece together I’m going to be disappointed. Things like this should expand the story and offer deeper details, not hide away a story 343 seems so adamant on abandoning as quickly as possible…again
> >
> > What’s wrong with tying backstory to collectables? Many games do this, Doom Eternal, Destiny 2 and ARK being prime examples.
> >
> > I’m also pretty sure 343 are not abandoning what Halo 5 set up. Despite the game’s actual story being the worst in the series by far, Halo 5 did serve to establish the new status quo in the Halo universe, with the Created in control, the UNSC on the run, Covenant Remnant factions either wiped out or in hiding. Only the most incompetent writers imaginable would try and sweep something of that magnitude aside, and Infinite’s head writer is anything but incompetent.
>
> They pretty did with 4, so if it can happen once it can happen again. Again, I have issue with pretty much all the major events from the previous game being put in a scavenger hunt. If we’re talking the run history or maybe biographies on some Banished commanders, that’s one thing. But literally what happened in the years prior to Infinite? I’d think that warrant a cutscene or two.

I never said it should all be tied to collectables, just that some backstory could be, like maybe what they were doing to avoid detection by the Created in the years between games.

I’m pretty sure they’ll touch upon what happened in Halo 5 during the campaign, it would be silly for them not to. They have Paul Crocker writing for them, and if his work is anything to go by I think we can expect quality storytelling. Just going by the dialogue in this audio log alone, there’s clearly a marked improvement over Halo 5.

> 2535421911680792;12:
> Besides the random beeping, there’s some random typing too that sounds a little out of place. Also, this Twitter post.
>
> https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/1365093139166289921

Just for info, this tweet doesn’t have anything to do with Infinite or the audio

What about the audio file itself? Is there something hidden in it? Could this be the start to some form of ARG?

> 2535421911680792;12:
> Besides the random beeping, there’s some random typing too that sounds a little out of place. Also, this Twitter post.
>
> https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/1365093139166289921
>
> My main focus though, is the odd ambient noise in the audio file. The whole thing sounds really off. Maybe run it through a spectrogram?
>
> also, the audio file in the url is called Halsey’s Journal.

he was waiting on a housing email I believe so the tweet is unrelated