Audio cues + radar are pretty bad

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but I feel the audio experience is definitely taking away from what could be a great multiplayer situation for halo infinite.

• There is basically no sound to you let you know you are being shot. I dont see how this slipped through. Getting hit with 900 rounds per minute from an assault rifle should sound a little louder than a tap on the shoulder. Its almost halo CE level bad to the point that you dont even realize youre getting shot until your shield starts beeping. - Grenades barely make a sound when they hit a surface. In the middle of a gunfight, sometimes you dont even know that a grenade was even thrown your direction so you just blow up randomly which feels really bad - Some guns, such as the pistol and the BR sound so similar that its pretty hard to tell what youre being shot at with. In the old halo games the BR was so distinctive, now it just sounds like anything else. I think a clear distinction is important so we know when to disengage or fight in a given scenario.
    I also believe the radar range is way too short. you basically have to be on top of someone for them to appear which makes the radar effectively useless.

> 2533274815007415;1:
> Not sure if anyone else has noticed but I feel the audio experience is definitely taking away from what could be a great multiplayer situation for halo infinite.
>
>
> - There is basically no sound to you let you know you are being shot. I dont see how this slipped through. Getting hit with 900 rounds per minute from an assault rifle should sound a little louder than a tap on the shoulder. Its almost halo CE level bad to the point that you dont even realize youre getting shot until your shield starts beeping. - Grenades barely make a sound when they hit a surface. In the middle of a gunfight, sometimes you dont even know that a grenade was even thrown your direction so you just blow up randomly which feels really bad - Some guns, such as the pistol and the BR sound so similar that its pretty hard to tell what youre being shot at with. In the old halo games the BR was so distinctive, now it just sounds like anything else. I think a clear distinction is important so we know when to disengage or fight in a given scenario.I also believe the radar range is way too short. you basically have to be on top of someone for them to appear which makes the radar effectively useless.

The soundscape in this game is literally more obnoxious than ever before, and you want to clutter it even further? Yeah, no thanks. The Spartans grunt when they’re shot, and there are also ‘hit’ sounds when you’re shot with something.

Also, not once was there an issue in past Halo titles. No OG player ever stopped to think during the Halo 1-3 days “hmm, I wish this game had a million different audio cues to tell me when I’m getting shot or when I’ve killed someone”, and they didn’t say that exactly because the game already communicated it perfectly with unobtrusive subtlety

I did notice some glaring issues sound design wise, but it was mostly the Rocket Launcher almost blasting my eardrums out lol. I didn’t have much issues knowing what I was being shot at with, from which direction, or if a nade landed nearby.

I did however have some issues discerning when one hit the ground when it hit certain surfaces. Also throwing nades feels kind of weird to me, it’s like you overshoot when you don’t mean to.

> 2535470395434446;2:
> > 2533274815007415;1:
> > Not sure if anyone else has noticed but I feel the audio experience is definitely taking away from what could be a great multiplayer situation for halo infinite.
> >
> >
> > - There is basically no sound to you let you know you are being shot. I dont see how this slipped through. Getting hit with 900 rounds per minute from an assault rifle should sound a little louder than a tap on the shoulder. Its almost halo CE level bad to the point that you dont even realize youre getting shot until your shield starts beeping. - Grenades barely make a sound when they hit a surface. In the middle of a gunfight, sometimes you dont even know that a grenade was even thrown your direction so you just blow up randomly which feels really bad - Some guns, such as the pistol and the BR sound so similar that its pretty hard to tell what youre being shot at with. In the old halo games the BR was so distinctive, now it just sounds like anything else. I think a clear distinction is important so we know when to disengage or fight in a given scenario.I also believe the radar range is way too short. you basically have to be on top of someone for them to appear which makes the radar effectively useless.
>
> The soundscape in this game is literally more obnoxious than ever before, and you want to clutter it even further? Yeah, no thanks. The Spartans grunt when they’re shot, and there are also ‘hit’ sounds when you’re shot with something.
>
> Also, not once was there an issue in past Halo titles. No OG player ever stopped to think during the Halo 1-3 days “hmm, I wish this game had a million different audio cues to tell me when I’m getting shot or when I’ve killed someone”, and they didn’t say that exactly because the game already communicated it perfectly with unobtrusive subtlety

Here’s proof: Halo infinite hit sound - YouTube
Here’s a comparison of destiny 2 hit feedback: Destiny 2 hit indicator - YouTube
There is definitely not a hit sound outside of a very tiny “tap” when you get shot and a small red gradient. While recording this I noticed there are also apparently issues with the surround sound because sounds coming from behind have about 10% of the volume of sounds coming from the front. This issue also effects the volume of the taps from getting hit from behind. This can’t be seen in this video since all sound tracks got put into stereo by recording.