Attrition Revive Time

How long do you honestly expect someone to be able to stand still and not get killed to revive someone?

Just by the merit of Reviving being possible, that means your team is out of lives. That means any half-decent team would be actively hunting you down now. So, that in mind, why did you honestly think having a revive countdow, that makes you stop moving entirely, and have that abhorrently long of an input, was a good idea?

It needs to be at least roughly half the current time, MAYBE 2/3rds if you make a good argument, for reviving to ever be a viable play in Attrition.

I understand that sometimes, there’ll be enough attention elsewhere to revive someone. But in every 10 matches, I see it happen about once.

As far as I’m concerned, Attrition is just quicker Team Slayer. Nothing else.

2 Likes

They can’t have it be too quick or this game mode would become obnoxious very very quickly.

You’re suppose to pick and choose when to try and revive people…

4 Likes

I think it’s fine, it’s not really meant to be a battle of revival its more about rewarding those who don’t die.

One problem I have with Revive is after Revival, the revived player is frozen for a second or two. This has gotten me in quite a few pickles now.

1 Like

Revive is too slow. And I think it should respawn you somewhere else randomly on the map because all the enemy team does is camp on revivable downed players

2 Likes

I agree that faster reviving would stretch the games out too long and make it too much like a game of whack-a-mole, however, reviving feels awkward and pointless in its current state. Most of my Attrition matches end with like 4 revives between each team. The only map where players are consistently revived is Behemoth because of its size. It’d be nice if you could revive throughout the match to save lives. As it stands, reviving is so rare it feels like a wasted mechanic, the game mode doesn’t feature much use of it.

3 Likes

it’s not worth it because it takes so long.

4 Likes

I agree, being able to look around and not do anything with zero indication of when my controls will kick in sucks.

I think this would be good. If someone was near enough to you when you died, they should be able to revive before the respawn timer elapses – it shouldn’t pause the respawn timer though – just whichever happens first.

I can’t really tell if revives keep their progress if you stop and start again, but they should definitely do that.
If they took out the freeze time and just extended the revive timer it would be better so they could just pick up and go.

3 Likes

Are you out of your mind? Half the time? It’s supposed to be difficult to revive teammates, that’s the point. Your team has no spawns left so it has to be very careful not to get eliminated. Make the revive timer shorter and it becomes a horrible mess of two teams not losing because they revive each other all the time until someone makes a mistake or goes afk

2 Likes

I’ll keep saying it in every duplicate thread, but Attrition is just Destiny Elimination, so it should have slightly shorter revives, and allow you to strafe and crouch while reviving instead of being locked in place. If you’re gonna keep ripping off Destiny, do it right 343.

2 Likes

The revival mechanic feels pointless because there are always enemies near the revival points and reviving takes a while, and even when there aren’t, the maps aren’t big, so it doesn’t take long for them to get to them.

I think making it take less time would make it drag on, but it feels like it should be slightly faster.
Really though, it seems like it belongs in a battle royale mode more than small team modes, especially when there aren’t many medium-sized maps.

1 Like

The point is so that you don’t go for “clutch revives”
You should clear out the room before attempting a revive anyway.

If you are unable to clear the room for a revive (due to being outnumbered) then take the L. You just had the worse team is all.

But in general, Attrition sucks for small maps. Attrition needs to be BTB on large maps.

3 Likes

Some people don’t want to lose because of a bad team… And others will have no idea what you just said. and furthe OTHERS WISH THE TEABAGGING WOULD STOP!

1 Like

Is it just me or is it almost always the worst players that are teabagging? I think last time it happened to me the guy was like 6 kills 12 deaths and his team ended up losing.

1 Like

I dunno but i’m gonna start shooting between the legs of people at the end from now on. However if someone were to post vidoes of it today i’m sure someone would scream to cancel either the person who posted the video or the game for sexual harassment…

1 Like

Lol when it’s 4 v 1 and they are guarding most of the bodies there’s no chance at all you’ll get even one revive. It needs to be 3 seconds

2 Likes

I think the time isn’t the issue, but that you can’t move or shoot while reviving. I get that it can’t have a very wide radius or anything, but being locked into the whole revive with no other choices (unless you cancel it) makes it suicidal if your opponents are even remotely competent in most cases.

If it was too fast then the mode would be really chaotic, but letting us wiggle a bit and shoot while reviving would be much smoother and make more interesting plays imo.

2 Likes

Reviving before lives run out could be an interesting play, and could easily justify the long revive time.

1 Like

There should be a short timer to start reviving (during this period the player shouldn’t be able to shoot). For the remainder of the revive time it should work similar to Strongholds.

1 Like

It’s a fine time IMO. The big issue is people tend to die in a group because teamshotting will always give you the advantage in Infinite, and when 2-3 corpses are close together it’s not hard to prevent others from reviving their squad.

2 Likes

I think the revive time is good. But the maps are so small it’s easy to just camp by the downed bodies and wait the other team to attempt to revive or the match to be over.

1 Like