Attrition - An S-Tier Gamemode Held Back by AR Starts

I understand the need for AR starts in some of the social settings, but why is BR start ONLY reserved for ranked? Attrition would have been a great opportunity to put a BR in folks hands in a more social setting to learn the ropes. Not to mention, in an elimination style game mode, it only makes things more exciting when you have a precision rifle in your hands.

13 Likes

If you want to use the BR right of spawn there’s almost always a pickup in the immediate spawn area.

8 Likes

They might add ranked attrition. Get the community to make some noise and they’ll listen.

5 Likes

Honestly! I’d really like this in ranked!

2 Likes

Please no, this is the worst gamemode ever brought forth by 343.

3 Likes

What really sucks is that the sweats over-populate the mode. So BR starts would be a proper nerf to them.

1 Like

That’s not sweats, that’s SBMM in a social playlist.

1 Like

I like AR starts, but I’d like a BR/AR gamemode mixed in like in H3.

Agree, Attribution would have been a good opportunity to start with BR and test reaction.
But revives takes way too long. Should 2-3 seconds at max.
Map Behemoth doesnt play well in this gamemode.

2 Likes

To be fair, does Behemoth play well for ANY game mode? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6v6 mid-team battles?
Shotty-Snipers?
Fiesta?

It works in social CTF with the vehicles.
Its a pain in ranked CTF.

2 Likes

Yes, Behemoth seems to be a map that would fit 6 vs 6.

1 Like

Besides Fiesta, where have you found those game modes???

1 Like

In time they will be out, and then Behemoth will be ideal for said modes.

I really like the concept of the ‘revive’ mechanic. Makes me feel like some sort of ‘Halo’ ‘Combat Medic.’

For those who are old school ‘SWG’ fans: https://swg.fandom.com/wiki/Combat_Medic

Yeah it’s not the best. Gametype is great on paper but AR/Sidekick starts for it is poor. I would play an unhealthy amount of it with BR starts or even just varied. Like 50% BR, 30% AR/Sidekick, 10% Commando, 10% Heatwave.

1 Like

I don’t mind the AR starts but an AR start would help make the mode sweatier.

Just add Attrition to Ranked so people can stop making these BR start threads. I don’t care about Ranked. I don’t care what Ranked players want. BR in Attrition would just be a worse Tactical Slayer, because people would be extreme camping, making the game drag out until the border shrinks, then it becomes a trash fest of people quickly trying to get to the middle before the wall kills them, while also not being stomped by the other team. 5 minutes of sitting, and 60 seconds of chaos. Sounds awful. Put it in Ranked anyway.

2 Likes

because
a: it’s a SOCIAL playlist
and b: once someone has the br, no reason to pick up the ar. especially in a mode like attrition.

if anything, to please eveeryone. after the event, the mode should stay (most seem to enjoy it a lot, myself included) ar starts for the social playlist. and br starts for ranked/comp