ATTN: This is NOT a Kinect game

Please turn that crap off and get a real mic. You know. The kind that doesn’t sound like a bloody speaker phone. The kind that doesn’t pick up the sound from your TV, your parents screwing upstairs, and every other noise in the house.

p.s. Your mic is for communicating with other players in THIS game. Not chatting with your little brother, your girlfriend, your -Yoink!-, or blasting your music.

This is a little harsh, but I am still inclined to agree. I think it’s the distance that matters, though – the closer people tend to be to the mic, the worse things get (it seems quality decreases as volume increases).

I wonder – there are versions of the 360 that come with Kinect… Do they come with an actual mic as well, or is Microsoft basically encouraging the use of an inferior microphone for communication?

> This is a little harsh, but I am still inclined to agree. I think it’s the distance that matters, though – the closer people tend to be to the mic, the worse things get (it seems quality decreases as volume increases).
>
> I wonder – there are versions of the 360 that come with Kinect… Do they come with an actual mic as well, or is Microsoft basically encouraging the use of an inferior microphone for communication?

IIRC, my 360S came with both a kinect and a headset…