attn: random teammates when we lose, why do you

quit seconds before the game ends? Yes, I am well aware losing is inevitable and there’s not much time left, but why quit when there’s < 1 minute left? I’ve seen this often when I play. Is it because they’re too embarrassed? Scared to hear what the other team says during the post game? And these random teammates who quit seconds before they lose a match are always the last place person on our team.

map up, take the L.
hope you get the banhammer.
/endMiniRant

Quit seconds before they lose the game.

Lose out on the REQ Points, and earn an even more embarrassing DNF to the record.

They get banned and complain here.

Logic of today.

This is basically what occurs.

> 2533274939018653;2:
>
> Quit seconds before they lose the game.
>
> Lose out on the REQ Points, and earn an even more embarrassing DNF to the record.
>
> They get banned and complain here.
>
> Logic of today.
>

>
>
>
> This is basically what occurs.

I love it when they complain about getting banned, and when you look at their service record you see a string of “DNF’s”

I’ve wondered this too.

The only explanation I can find is that they are still playing their 10 Ranking games and they want a perfect record to attain as high a rank as possible, even though the ranking system is screwy and doesn’t necessarily work this way. They will effectively be making things harder for themselves by boosting their rank with a falsified record.

People are idiots!

> 2533274913126156;3:
> > 2533274939018653;2:
> >
> > Quit seconds before they lose the game.
> >
> > Lose out on the REQ Points, and earn an even more embarrassing DNF to the record.
> >
> > They get banned and complain here.
> >
> > Logic of today.
> >

> >
> >
> >
> > This is basically what occurs.
>
>
> I love it when they complain about getting banned, and when you look at their service record you see a string of “DNF’s”

Shame that the banhammer is pretty strict either way. You could quit or disconnect from three games, and not get banned, but then three months later, the moment you get another DNF… instant ban,

Why would you hope they get banned? It literally, in no way shape or form, alters the game for you. If they want to be dumb enough to miss out on their REQ/EXP reward, I say let them. They’re quitting AFTER the game is over and you hope they get banned. I don’t understand that.

Just be like, “Ok…?” and move on.

> 2534615147433705;4:
> I’ve wondered this too.
> The only explanation I can find is that they are still playing their 10 Ranking games and they want a perfect record to attain as high a rank as possible, even though the ranking system is screwy and doesn’t necessarily work this way. They will effectively be making things harder for themselves by boosting their rank with a falsified record.
> People are idiots!

I saw a guy place Diamond 6 with 2 wins. Does quitting during placement matches really not count towards your rank placement?
yet i place Platinum every season somehow.

> 2533274812650916;6:
> Why would you hope they get banned? It literally, in no way shape or form, alters the game for you. If they want to be dumb enough to miss out on their REQ/EXP reward, I say let them. They’re quitting AFTER the game is over and you hope they get banned. I don’t understand that.
>
> Just be like, “Ok…?” and move on.

just poor sportsmanship.

There is a possibility that what you have are players who would have quit a lot earlier in the match except for the fact that they didn’t want to negatively impact their teammates anymore than they could help. I remember playing matches in Reach where things would happen that so deeply offended my sense of fair play and decency that I’d leave the match seconds before the end only so that I wouldn’t get the credits. I didn’t want to have my integrity compromised with dirty points. Sounds a little silly to talk about a video game that way, but there are plenty of analogous situtations in real life. For people with a conscience.