Attention: Error authorizing user...

I’ve never posted before so take it easy on me. I’m trying to report what seems to be a server issue. I’m actually getting pretty frustrated at the REPEATED server issues, every… single… day. At the moment, I am getting “Attention: Error authorizing user with Halo 5: Guardians services. You will be unable to access online modes.” - so I’m locked out of multiplayer today. Yesterday it was ‘error retrieving data’ - which effectually locked me into a lobby as pressing the B-button did nothing. The day before I was unable to access the REQ system (which is a horrible system, but I digress) both in the lobby and throughout several matches.

I haven’t had the game very long, but I have been with the series from the beginning. This is by far the most ridiculous and unsatisfying multiplayer experience yet. Yes, doing away with custom load-outs and making weapon/armor unlocks dependent on random ‘cards’ instead of player progression and skill is by far the worst decision made by the franchise. However, the real failure here is the poor execution on maintaining reliable service to the players. Without it, the rest becomes a moot point. So, I hope 343 Industries is paying attention, as this is the only way to report such issues (another fail). Fans will only stick around for so long before this constant frustration ruins the experience altogether and they leave to find another game. Thanks to whomever reads this and takes the time to reply.

For me, it turned out to be issues with Sky’s “Broadband Shield” and their classification of halowaypoint.com. I had to add the address to an exceptions list, which then enabled me to read and post this message, and log in on Halo 5 without problem.

This could be an issue with your internet firewall on the modem/router

Try port forwarding the ports 53,80,88,500,3074,3544,4500

> 2533274888753908;3:
> This could be an issue with your internet firewall on the modem/router
>
> Try port forwarding the ports 53,80,88,500,3074,3544,4500

Its easier to just add your console to your networks DMZ as many router homepages don’t allow users to port forward.