Attackers/Defenders Gametype(CTF)

To start off, I’ve been working on a raid map on Halo 5 where defenders spawn at a bottom of a canyon to defend and they must keep off the attackers from capturing their flag. Then they have to switch sides where they spawn. That’s the problem, however. I don’t know how to make red team and blue team spawns switch. I need both initial spawns and respawn points to switch. Any help would be great; to let you know, my object budget is very low. About ≈20 objects left. Scripting with detailed instructions would be awesome. Thanks.

There are two ways to do it: switching each round, or switching during a round at a certain time. Which would you prefer?

The latter would be far easier to script.

Either would be alright

Switching at the end of each round would probably be more convenient for the flow of play. I’ll post the relevant scripts for that for you (though unfortunately I won’t have time to today). I’ll try to get it done for you for tomorrow.

By the way, being as you have nearly maxed out your object limit, the stability of your game will be low, so there is no guarantee everything will work as it should in later rounds (both objects and scripts).

The scripting for this isn’t too bad.
The way to do it is basically cover respawn points differently for odd and even rounds so players cannot spawn there when it is covered.

Each respawn location will require an object to put over the respawn points. At each location, put a respawn point for EACH team.

In the defender area:

• Place red respawn points with an object over them which has scripts: Power Check Alpha On DESPAWN, Power Check Alpha Off SPAWN. - Place blue respawn points with an object over them which has scripts: Power Check Alpha On SPAWN, Power Check Alpha Off DESPAWN.In the attacker area:

• Place red respawn points with an object over them which has scripts: Power Check Alpha On SPAWN, Power Check Alpha Off DESPAWN. - Place blue respawn points with an object over them which has scripts: Power Check Alpha On DESPAWN, Power Check Alpha Off SPAWN.Then have an additional script which is Toggle Alpha On Timer 1 second, 0 repeat.

Presumably you would want to follow a similar procedure to that for your objective nav markers and scores etc…

If you are unsure what I mean from above, I have put together a quick test map for you. If you play this on the same team with multiple rounds, you’ll see you always respawn on the opposite side to the previous round.

Map Link

I hope this helps!

Thank you. I’ll try it out when I can. I’ve been struggling to get it for a while.

But wouldn’t he need to change the objective as well? And the condition checks for which team? This game doesn’t have proper round-switching mechanics, which sucks. I was thinking of a way to do this as well but trying to find a way to get a check against what team an object belongs to and changing it to the other team on round end. Easier said than done…

> 2533274795739611;7:
> But wouldn’t he need to change the objective as well? And the condition checks for which team? This game doesn’t have proper round-switching mechanics, which sucks. I was thinking of a way to do this as well but trying to find a way to get a check against what team an object belongs to and changing it to the other team on round end. Easier said than done…

Yep you are completely correct (I did mention that above…). You just use the exact same procedure for the objectives making them alter depending on the toggling Power Channel. So in other words, script everything normally, but then replace every trigger with the multi one with the toggling Power Channel.

If I am completely honest with you both, I looked at Jenga Wall Dash map to answer this question.

> 2533274884447055;8:
> > 2533274795739611;7:
> > But wouldn’t he need to change the objective as well? And the condition checks for which team? This game doesn’t have proper round-switching mechanics, which sucks. I was thinking of a way to do this as well but trying to find a way to get a check against what team an object belongs to and changing it to the other team on round end. Easier said than done…
>
> Yep you are completely correct (I did mention that above…). You just use the exact same procedure for the objectives making them alter depending on the toggling Power Channel. So in other words, script everything normally, but then replace every trigger with the multi one with the toggling Power Channel.
>
>
> If I am completely honest with you both, I looked at Jenga Wall Dash map to answer this question.

Well that makes it easier to do gametypes like 1-Bomb Assault. Just sucks the items (bomb and flag) don’t respect their team when assigned so they always act neutral. We had the same issue when making Assault in H4 unless you knew how to physically script for Megalo. If like to see how VIP could work with round-ending like 1-sided VIP. Classic gametypes need to make a return. Headhunter included.