Atriox NOT being a Boss fight in Infinites campaign…

Critical mistake!!! That whole scene of his first encounter with the Chief would be LEGENDARY single player gameplay on an unprecedented scale. What a missed opportunity! Best character since Chief and the Arbiter.

1 Like

It was a weird choice, leaning heavily towards bad weird choice. I am not a big fan of the supervillain of the week approach to Halo, but using a character to hype up the game but switch him with another similar character so you can save the hype character for a later expansion is pretty stupid IMO.
Probably should have teased him after killing lung disease brute

2 Likes

Will be story dlc later in the life cycle

2 Likes

We’ll probably get to in a DLC & killing him off in a ridiculous way like Jul Mdama

1 Like

The way they handled Atriox is the way I wish they had handled the Didact up until this point. However, I really wish Escharum’s fight was more reliant on proper tactics rather than running away with the grapple in between sneaking in hits.

2 Likes

Campaign was shipped incomplete. We’ll probably get to throw him out an airlock or something down the line.

1 Like

We should have fought Atriox in the very beginning, and they should have scripted it as we automatically lose, Or you can hold out for a time limit and get an achievement or something. I don’t even know if they have plans for Campaign DLC any time soon.

Its done assuming you’ll become hyped for (probably buying) the next installment.

This isn’t a necessarily bad thing provided you tell a compelling story in the mean time. But Escharum and the monologuing alien are effectively just time filler, the later of which is also meant to hype future things.

Remember when stories could be stories?

1 Like

Yeah, it was a big mistake! Atriox was such a badd--Yoink!- villain in Halo Wars 2. Someone you afraid and terrifying, who also have plans. Making him is a throwaway characters was a bad decision. PLUS we never learned how, when & why he died! He can’t died at the fight with Chief, because he later entered to Zeta Halo and deleted Cortana.

1 Like