Atriox just better or Red Team rusty?

The title says it all.

Was Atriox just simply better than three Spartan 2s or were the 2s rusty from an almost 3 decade nap?

You could say unfair fight due to Atriox’s sneak attack on them. Though that may sort of highlight how smart of a tactician he is. This was still THREE Spartan TWOS vs one brute… But obviously this isn’t just any brute …So …

Thoughts?

> 2533274916736578;1:
> The title says it all.
>
> Was Atriox just simply better than three Spartan 2s or were the 2s rusty from an almost 3 decade nap?
>
> You could say unfair fight due to Atriox’s sneak attack on them. Though that may sort of highlight how smart of a tactician he is. This was still THREE Spartan TWOS vs one brute… But obviously this isn’t just any brute …So …
>
> Thoughts?

He also seems to have power armor that looks more technologically up to date than the super old Mjolnir models Red Team are stuck with.

Atriox is just good.

Brutes outclass Spartans physically in almost every way. A Brute almost killed John in hand-to-hand combat, and when encountering Brutes on Earth, Fred warned the other Spartans to stay out of close quarters combat because they’d surely lose.

Also, Atriox is the chieftain of a fairly large contingent of Covenant; Chieftains achieve their position by being the strongest, most cunning, and best fighters of their pack. On top of that, we know that Atriox wears a gauntlet that augments his already imposing physical strength.

Atriox also seemed to have the advantage from an emotional standpoint. It appears that Atriox surprised Red Team, gravely wounding Douglas-042 in the process. From the short clips we saw in the vidoc, I got the impression that Jerome and Alice engaged Atriox in close quarters combat to save Douglas instead of back-pedalling and maintaining distance.

Don’t forget that Douglas, Alice, and Jerome are all wearing unshielded Mark IV Mjolnir and only have about six years of combat experience. Biologically speaking, they’re also only around twenty years old.

I think both go into account here atriox while being a brute is aslo a chieftain meaning he doesn’t pull punches while red team has the basic mark IV armor with out shields true the faced brutes in the past but what their facing their armor can’t stand the beating

> 2533274846085892;3:
> Atriox is just good.
>
> Brutes outclass Spartans physically in almost every way. A Brute almost killed John in hand-to-hand combat, and when encountering Brutes on Earth, Fred warned the other Spartans to stay out of close quarters combat because they’d surely lose.
>
> Also, Atriox is the chieftain of a fairly large contingent of Covenant; Chieftains achieve their position by being the strongest, most cunning, and best fighters of their pack. On top of that, we know that Atriox wears a gauntlet that augments his already imposing physical strength.
>
> Atriox also seemed to have the advantage from an emotional standpoint. It appears that Atriox surprised Red Team, gravely wounding Douglas-042 in the process. From the short clips we saw in the vidoc, I got the impression that Jerome and Alice engaged Atriox in close quarters combat to save Douglas instead of back-pedalling and maintaining distance.

Though I cannot find it, I do remember there was going to be a cutscene in halo 2 where John takes on a brute in hand to hand and win , not sure if that is canon since it was not ultimately in the game . But I do remember when he nearly got choked out.

And I’ll agree with the emotional standpoint and his overall battle prowess being a chieftain . But I think the gauntlet might be the most minor of the things , I believe he could have done the same thing minus the gauntlet.

I think it’s that Atriox is better. Three Spartan-IIs wearing outdated armor that has been frozen for around twenty years aren’t going to exactly fare well against a Jiralhanae Chieftan.

> 2533274916736578;6:
> > 2533274846085892;3:
> > Atriox is just good.
> >
> > Brutes outclass Spartans physically in almost every way. A Brute almost killed John in hand-to-hand combat, and when encountering Brutes on Earth, Fred warned the other Spartans to stay out of close quarters combat because they’d surely lose.
> >
> > Also, Atriox is the chieftain of a fairly large contingent of Covenant; Chieftains achieve their position by being the strongest, most cunning, and best fighters of their pack. On top of that, we know that Atriox wears a gauntlet that augments his already imposing physical strength.
> >
> > Atriox also seemed to have the advantage from an emotional standpoint. It appears that Atriox surprised Red Team, gravely wounding Douglas-042 in the process. From the short clips we saw in the vidoc, I got the impression that Jerome and Alice engaged Atriox in close quarters combat to save Douglas instead of back-pedalling and maintaining distance.
>
>
> Though I cannot find it, I do remember there was going to be a cutscene in halo 2 where John takes on a brute in hand to hand and win , not sure if that is canon since it was not ultimately in the game . But I do remember when he nearly got choked out.
>
> And I’ll agree with the emotional standpoint and his overall battle prowess being a chieftain . But I think the gauntlet might be the most minor of the things , I believe he could have done the same thing minus the gauntlet.

If it wasn’t in the game it isn’t canon.

As others have said as well, Red Team are wearing Mark IV mjolnir. We know that Mark IV only amplifies the user’s strength by a factor of 2 whereas Mark V amplifies strength by a factor of 5, and John was wearing Mark V armour at the time of his encounter with a Brute; I agree that Atriox could have done it without the gauntlet, Red Team didn’t stand a chance.

Atriox is very similar to Tartarus in the fact he has a cheaty hammer…

A bit of both. Plus, Red team is using incredibly outdated equipment at this point, assuming they don’t retcon that in the game.

Atriox’s Advantages

• Experience fighting UNSC.
  • Power Gauntlet
  • Strength (Natural)
  • Above average Jiralhanae intelligence (He fought the Covenant for years)
  • Numbers (Later)
  • He most likely have knowledge of UNSC tactics, but he makes a remark about suspecting Spartans being just men so maybe he has never killed a Spartan before.

Spartan’s Advantages
-Numbers until they realize they didn’t have that.
-They work well together.

> 2533274829152751;11:
> Atriox’s Advantages
> - Experience fighting UNSC.
> - Power Gauntlet
> - Strength (Natural)
> - Above average Jiralhanae intelligence (He fought the Covenant for years)
> - Numbers (Later)
> - He most likely have knowledge of UNSC tactics, but he makes a remark about suspecting Spartans being just men so maybe he has never killed a Spartan before.
>
> Spartan’s Advantages
> -Numbers until they realize they didn’t have that.
> -They work well together.

I would argue Spartans were faster and more aqile than Atriox but it didn’t matter since he was so strong and could take a lot of damage.

Also being well equipped to close quater combat and having element of suprise made him so powerfull in inside of a building

It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.

> 2533274975398392;13:
> It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.

Why is it u say the exact same thing some1 else did (worf effect).And if u read what the others said he is wearing augmented armor against 3 spartans who are wearing outdated armor.And they haven’t truly fought a battle in almost 30 years.This isn’t Osiris team opening cutscene or Locke against Jul mdama,that’s what u call the worf effect

> 2533274975398392;13:
> It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.

Well, to be fair, cryosleep does make you feel like you got hit by a truck, specifically going into cryosleep fully armored causes you to break out in a -Yoink- ton of blisters and rashes, One of the staff of the Pillar of Autumn remarks how much chief must be suffering the moment he thawed out.

Not only that, but Red Team seems to suffer from a bit of an arrogance problem, with how they dealt with the elite Royal Guard in the first Halo Game, maybe they underestimated Atriox?

> 2533274830166194;14:
> > 2533274975398392;13:
> > It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.
>
>
> Why is it u say the exact same thing some1 else did (worf effect).And if u read what the others said he is wearing augmented armor against 3 spartans who are wearing outdated armor.And they haven’t truly fought a battle in almost 30 years.This isn’t Osiris team opening cutscene or Locke against Jul mdama,that’s what u call the worf effect

It’s kinda the worf effect,

Red team got beat up cuz 343 wanted to hype Atriox, they even said so in the ViDOC (Basically, anyway.)

> 2535465266874213;16:
> > 2533274830166194;14:
> > > 2533274975398392;13:
> > > It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.
> >
> >
> > Why is it u say the exact same thing some1 else did (worf effect).And if u read what the others said he is wearing augmented armor against 3 spartans who are wearing outdated armor.And they haven’t truly fought a battle in almost 30 years.This isn’t Osiris team opening cutscene or Locke against Jul mdama,that’s what u call the worf effect
>
>
> It’s kinda the worf effect,
>
> Red team got beat up cuz 343 wanted to hype Atriox, they even said so in the ViDOC (Basically, anyway.)

Brutes are powerful this worf effect is more believable then Locke and Osiris worf

> 2533274830166194;17:
> > 2535465266874213;16:
> > > 2533274830166194;14:
> > > > 2533274975398392;13:
> > > > It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.
> > >
> > >
> > > Why is it u say the exact same thing some1 else did (worf effect).And if u read what the others said he is wearing augmented armor against 3 spartans who are wearing outdated armor.And they haven’t truly fought a battle in almost 30 years.This isn’t Osiris team opening cutscene or Locke against Jul mdama,that’s what u call the worf effect
> >
> >
> > It’s kinda the worf effect,
> > Red team got beat up cuz 343 wanted to hype Atriox, they even said so in the ViDOC (Basically, anyway.)
>
>
> Brutes are powerful this worf effect is more believable then Locke and Osiris worf

Not by much.

When your first advertisement is literally just spartan IIs getting pounded 3 on 1, and your vidoc is “atriox is really strong guys really” it’s not that much different.

> 2535465266874213;18:
> > 2533274830166194;17:
> > > 2535465266874213;16:
> > > > 2533274830166194;14:
> > > > > 2533274975398392;13:
> > > > > It’s The Worf Effect. They just make the bad guy beat up Red team so they can show how much of a threat the new baddie is. I could see a big tough brute taking on 1 spartan, but 3? I really doubt it unless Red team got some brain damage from being frozen all those years.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Why is it u say the exact same thing some1 else did (worf effect).And if u read what the others said he is wearing augmented armor against 3 spartans who are wearing outdated armor.And they haven’t truly fought a battle in almost 30 years.This isn’t Osiris team opening cutscene or Locke against Jul mdama,that’s what u call the worf effect
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s kinda the worf effect,
> > >
> > > Red team got beat up cuz 343 wanted to hype Atriox, they even said so in the ViDOC (Basically, anyway.)
> >
> >
> > Brutes are powerful this worf effect is more believable then Locke and Osiris worf
>
>
> Not by much.

All a matter of opinion

> 2533274846085892;3:
> Atriox is just good.
>
> Brutes outclass Spartans physically in almost every way. A Brute almost killed John in hand-to-hand combat, and when encountering Brutes on Earth, Fred warned the other Spartans to stay out of close quarters combat because they’d surely lose.
>
> Also, Atriox is the chieftain of a fairly large contingent of Covenant; Chieftains achieve their position by being the strongest, most cunning, and best fighters of their pack. On top of that, we know that Atriox wears a gauntlet that augments his already imposing physical strength.
>
> Atriox also seemed to have the advantage from an emotional standpoint. It appears that Atriox surprised Red Team, gravely wounding Douglas-042 in the process. From the short clips we saw in the vidoc, I got the impression that Jerome and Alice engaged Atriox in close quarters combat to save Douglas instead of back-pedalling and maintaining distance.

He [Atriox] also had weapon advantage with his mace.