Atriox as a boss

Who would love to see this guy as a boss and have the master chief fight him

With the current track record, I have no faith in Halo pulling off boss fights. I’d rather have 343i concentrate on the strengths of the series rather than putting effort into something the games have consistently failed at.

> 2535414600922971;1:
> Who would love to see this guy as a boss and have the master chief fight him

Taking down Atriox would be similar to the Tartarus boss fight at the end of Halo 2. Personally, I would like to see him get taken down in a cutscene with Red Team and Blue Team working together while Team Osiris take on his Brutes.

Honestly though, when Atriox does die, it will probably be in a comic book or a novel as that is how 343i tends to role with the characters and their fates.

> 2533274809226598;3:
> > 2535414600922971;1:
> > Who would love to see this guy as a boss and have the master chief fight him
>
> Taking down Atriox would be similar to the Tartarus boss fight at the end of Halo 2. Personally, I would like to see him get taken down in a cutscene with Red Team and Blue Team working together while Team Osiris take on his Brutes.
>
> Honestly though, when Atriox does die, it will probably be in a comic book or a novel as that is how 343i tends to role with the characters and their fates.

Ughh please don’t say that. Its already bad enough Rookie and Ur-Didact was done that way (even though he’s “technically” alive) I really want Atriox to take supreme of were the Prophets left off in the Covenant. He just seems to big in power just to die in a book or have half a crew and an aging ship just take him out. Even with Blue Team involved, I guess I’m the minority who really wants to see Atriox take over the Covenant reign and become a staple in the Halo series, not just Halo Wars.

> 2533274832360281;4:
> > 2533274809226598;3:
> > > 2535414600922971;1:
> > > Who would love to see this guy as a boss and have the master chief fight him
> >
> > Taking down Atriox would be similar to the Tartarus boss fight at the end of Halo 2. Personally, I would like to see him get taken down in a cutscene with Red Team and Blue Team working together while Team Osiris take on his Brutes.
> >
> > Honestly though, when Atriox does die, it will probably be in a comic book or a novel as that is how 343i tends to role with the characters and their fates.
>
> Ughh please don’t say that. Its already bad enough Rookie and Ur-Didact was done that way (even though he’s “technically” alive) I really want Atriox to take supreme of were the Prophets left off in the Covenant. He just seems to big in power just to die in a book or have half a crew and an aging ship just take him out. Even with Blue Team involved, I guess I’m the minority who really wants to see Atriox take over the Covenant reign and become a staple in the Halo series, not just Halo Wars.

No, I agree with you there. He has the potential to be the next “big bad” and be a real thorn in the UNSC’s side. Even by Brute standards, he is a monster and a formidable foe.

> 2533274825830455;2:
> With the current track record, I have no faith in Halo pulling off boss fights. I’d rather have 343i concentrate on the strengths of the series rather than putting effort into something the games have consistently failed at.

Yeah, boss fights are not the best in Halo. Lol.

An Atriox boss fight would be too similar to the Tartarus fight in Halo 2 I think. Not exactly a fresh idea for a new game.

> 2533274807993125;7:
> An Atriox boss fight would be too similar to the Tartarus fight in Halo 2 I think. Not exactly a fresh idea for a new game.

Well, he’d probably be a lot smarter. Lol.

> 2533274859620752;8:
> > 2533274807993125;7:
> > An Atriox boss fight would be too similar to the Tartarus fight in Halo 2 I think. Not exactly a fresh idea for a new game.
>
> Well, he’d probably be a lot smarter. Lol.

Lol. Can’t argue with that.

I don’t know, traditional boss fights like a 1v1 kinda suck in Halo. The gameplay just doesn’t support that kind of thing I guess. Maybe if they put him in one of those mechs or something and you had to break it down leaving Atriox vulnerable and then you kill him in a cutscene or something.

not in infinite, I’d like to see atriox built up as the new big villian in the halo universe but that can’t happen if we kill him in infinite.

Atriox is a villian with a lot of potential. Right now, he is the only antagonist in the series worth anything. It would be a miss to not include him in Infinite at some level but it would be a failure to kill him in Infinite. He could suffer a major defeat but not total defeat. Here is an idea that came to me while pondering this concept. How about using Atriox to do something similar to what the Marvel Cinematic Universe did and use him as a common theme to tie ALL Halo games, books, and lore plot lines currently open together. Meaning any unfinished stories in all forms of media begin to take on a common theme with Atriox becoming a huge threat then once this is established, bring everything together in a game because games are preferred method of story telling in Halo. Basically this is a way of taking Halo storytelling for the next 20 years.

Maybe not killing him off But just defeating him. Like Decimus in the first battle hes loosing but he escapes through the teleporter

I was pissed off when they killed off Jal madama and the didact after only one game. I dont want to see a repeat of that. Sorry if it seemed like that

Maybe but not sure boss fights work well in Halo. I feel like the boss’s so far in Halo should have been classed as mini-boss’s except the final ‘boss’ in Halo 5.
Plus rather ‘main villains’ not be killed off and continue to be a threat in the series to help push the story/lore forward.

> 2533274829873463;15:
> Maybe but not sure boss fights work well in Halo. I feel like the boss’s so far in Halo should have been classed as mini-boss’s except the final ‘boss’ in Halo 5.
> Plus rather ‘main villains’ not be killed off and continue to be a threat in the series to help push the story/lore forward.

I still cannot forgive the ludicrous death of Jul 'Mdama.

> 2533274859620752;16:
> > 2533274829873463;15:
> > Maybe but not sure boss fights work well in Halo. I feel like the boss’s so far in Halo should have been classed as mini-boss’s except the final ‘boss’ in Halo 5.
> > Plus rather ‘main villains’ not be killed off and continue to be a threat in the series to help push the story/lore forward.
>
> I still cannot forgive the ludicrous death of Jul 'Mdama.

Who? Oh, the guy from the first 2 seconds of Halo 5? Yeah, I never played Spartan Ops so I when I started playing Halo 5, I really expected a lot more out of Jul 'Mdama. Then, out of the blue, I thought, “Hmmm that seemed like a pretty extensive set up and backstory for a character that they were just going to kill in a cut scene without even making you fight him and defeat him yourself… Odd.” It was very out of place and annoying.

> 2535414600922971;14:
> I was pissed off when they killed off Jal madama and the didact after only one game. I dont want to see a repeat of that. Sorry if it seemed like that

Well, the Didact didn’t technically die in Halo 4. He was quite cheaply brought back in the Escalation comic series, only to be killed a short while later by Blue Team again.

> 2533274809226598;18:
> > 2535414600922971;14:
> > I was pissed off when they killed off Jal madama and the didact after only one game. I dont want to see a repeat of that. Sorry if it seemed like that
>
> Well, the Didact didn’t technically die in Halo 4. He was quite cheaply brought back in the Escalation comic series, only to be killed a short while later by Blue Team again.

Still not dead, he was composed

> 2533274842309062;17:
> > 2533274859620752;16:
> > > 2533274829873463;15:
> > > Maybe but not sure boss fights work well in Halo. I feel like the boss’s so far in Halo should have been classed as mini-boss’s except the final ‘boss’ in Halo 5.
> > > Plus rather ‘main villains’ not be killed off and continue to be a threat in the series to help push the story/lore forward.
> >
> > I still cannot forgive the ludicrous death of Jul 'Mdama.
>
> Who? Oh, the guy from the first 2 seconds of Halo 5? Yeah, I never played Spartan Ops so I when I started playing Halo 5, I really expected a lot more out of Jul 'Mdama. Then, out of the blue, I thought, “Hmmm that seemed like a pretty extensive set up and backstory for a character that they were just going to kill in a cut scene without even making you fight him and defeat him yourself… Odd.” It was very out of place and annoying.

They should have kept him alive until Sunaion so that he and the Arbiter could have a duel.