AtN cross opportunity

With the AtN announcement behind us, and it still being on the horizon, I think it’s time to revisit the age old “Play Anywhere” question, cross-platform, or not.

For many it was a rather huge surprise, and dissapointment learning that there would be no cross-platform whatsoever in Halo Wars 2. Many of us hoped it’d be added later down the line. Yet to be seen though.

Yes I do understand the difference between controller input and k/m input. It’d destroy the competitive aspect of ranked. Which I understand.

However, you still have co-operative modes, even an additional one coming in with AtN.
Campaign, Skirmish vs AI, Blitz Firefight and if we’d like, social PvP, then on top of that Terminus Firefight.

If I’ve understood things properly, the PC community isn’t all that large. Which means their impact wouldn’t be that large overall. Of course, if the impact is small, why implement cross-play?

It’d unify two communities into one, which could potentially increase the number of PC only players.

It’d allow players who can play on both platforms to choose which one is more convenient for them at that time they want to play.

For a game which understandibly lacks split-screen, it could be used as an alternative for split-screen in one household.

I’d say the benefits would outweigh the negatives, especially if ranked is left out. I also think the AtN expansion would be a good opportunity to implement it with.

i dont think we see cross platform on halo wars 2. Maybe a steam version and that will have cross platform with windows store version. That must be

They didn’t bother for HW DE so I’d be surprised if they do for HW2.

HW2 on mouse and keyboard isn’t great anyway, it’d offer very little improvement over controller but I’m nearly certain we’d never see crossplay happen anyway.

> 2533274805654478;2:
> i dont think we see cross platform on halo wars 2. Maybe a steam version and that will have cross platform with windows store version. That must be

> 2533275001759937;3:
> They didn’t bother for HW DE so I’d be surprised if they do for HW2.
>
> HW2 on mouse and keyboard isn’t great anyway, it’d offer very little improvement over controller but I’m nearly certain we’d never see crossplay happen anyway.

If it’s not pushed for by the community it most certainly isn’t going to happen.

Off Topic: I’d rather see HW2 on GoG than Steam.